• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best drafting strategy for H2H CBS leagues?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way! Scherzer or Kershaw would be the only arms I'd trade for Stanton....and maybe Felix.

same here. I offered stanton for kershaw. waiting for a response

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way! Scherzer or Kershaw would be the only arms I'd trade for Stanton....and maybe Felix.

The problem he has though isn't what we believe Stanton is worth, it's what the guys he's in the league with believe Stanton is worth....and apparently they all believe that pitching is more valuable which is why they all drafted pitchers....

He's in a pickle because he's going to be getting shafted in trade offers because all the pitching heavy teams are going to be relative to each other offensively so his gap between his pitching and theirs drawfs their gaps between each others offenses thus his need to improve pitching is greater than their need (in their view) to upgrade their offense.....

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same here. I offered stanton for kershaw. waiting for a response

I doubt the guy who took Kershaw #1 has changed his mind since the draft that he would now take Stanton?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the guy who took Kershaw #1 has changed his mind since the draft that he would now take Stanton?

Probably not.

Doesn't hurt to try though.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

Doesn't hurt to try though.

It definitely can hurt. He could think you aren't making legitimate trade offers and ignore your offers later. You are in a league with guys that overvalue pitchers, but what is an otherwise fair offer is not going to be viewed by them that way and you are talking about the guy who took Kershaw as the #1 pick. If he thought Stanton was better he would of taken Stanton.....That's like if the day after the draft in a league that follows the logical conclusion that Trout is by far the consensus #1 pick and then you offer Stanton straight up to the guy who picked Trout....

It won't be viewed favorably by that owner and could hurt your possibility of dealing with that guy in trades....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case so be it. I have 8 others I can deal with. I'm probably going to give up on trading Stanton though.

I will probably try to package 2 of my other OF for a top 15 SP and see where that gets me

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case so be it. I have 8 others I can deal with. I'm probably going to give up on trading Stanton though.

I will probably try to package 2 of my other OF for a top 15 SP and see where that gets me

LOL

Gotta love the mentality of F-em if I piss them off I'll deal with the other owners.....like the guy who offered you Lester for Stanton right? LOL

That's why I hate trades.....nobody ever thinks a trade is good unless they "win".....

And why IMHO in this league you are not going to get an ace pitcher unless you overpay....you can't just ignore the draft trends of the people you are competing against and then think you are just going to trade on what you (and I'm sure I'm more in line with your market values) think is fair....

That's why there is no set way to decide before a draft how you are going to draft.....it all depends on the trends of the draft and you have to be able to recognize it and adapt.....and I'm not saying there is a run of 5 closers you must draft the 6th best one which is drastically worse than the other 5.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really looking for an ACE. I don't mind parting with 2 of my other OF for a #2 starter but sorry I refuse to draft a guy like Phil Hughes in the 3rd or 4th round when I had top ranked position players available at weak positions

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really looking for an ACE. I don't mind parting with 2 of my other OF for a #2 starter but sorry I refuse to draft a guy like Phil Hughes in the 3rd or 4th round when I had top ranked position players available at weak positions

I'm definitely not saying you should and if you can find someone willing to give you an upgrade for two of your outfielders, fine....but trying to get the #1 pick for Stanton was silly....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely not saying you should and if you can find someone willing to give you an upgrade for two of your outfielders, fine....but trying to get the #1 pick for Stanton was silly....

He's a Marlins fan and mentioned how mad he was that I took Stanton in the draft room

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Marlins fan and mentioned how mad he was that I took Stanton in the draft room

?????

How could he be mad if he had the #1 pick???? He thought Stanton would make it back to him at 20????? LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?????

How could he be mad if he had the #1 pick???? He thought Stanton would make it back to him at 20????? LOL

Pretty much lol and with the rate that pitchers were being taken, I can see a little bit why he held out hope that Stanton would come back to him. I don't think he's going to accept the deal because he has good OF. He was actually able to get McCutchen at 20

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this h2h roto or points... not sure if that was ever specified... and if categories what are they??