• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Diss Track of All Time

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the show, wasn't around much Saturday, but I'll agree with every Em joint here and I'll add Girls, Let's Go and The Warning. Shit, throw the fucking 8 Mile freestyle in there too. Generally, when someone pissed Em off you were fucking cooked which is why I believe every half-decent rapper stayed the motherfuck away from it.

I always liked My Bitch by Game. Thought it was pretty clever, especially the hits on Jay. Game overall was good with his attacks but he put out way too much material (ie: 500 Bars) to ever score a killer.

If you want an old school joint, The Bridge is Over is timeless and the fact they used a Billy Joel track at the end is icing on the cake.

The "Still #1 (Numero Uno Remix)" where he responds to (Blaq) Poet is another old BDP favourite of mine.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close

Since KRS has already come up a few times I'll mention here that he also went at Cube hard in "We In There" after Cube took a jab in "Rollin With The Lench Mob".

It would have been fun for us if Cube had responded but he was (professionally) smarter than that. He knew that he was going places and it wasn't worth the risk fucking with a real threat.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a somewhat related note, is anyone else excited for new Wu in a month? "People Say" makes me very optimistic about it, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit Em up for old school.

Currently? Drake roasted Meek Mill pretty good during their beef.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Vaseline was also up there back in the day.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 got too busy being an entrepeneur instead of being a musician......pretty sure he was heavy into VitaWater and some other business dealings. And there's nothing wrong with that, make that money.

Last edited:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to jam up this thread with videos but I've gotta post this. I'm so excited for the album now.

This is another one of those "if you like rap and don't like this then I don't like you!" type deals :wink:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to jam up this thread with videos but I've gotta post this. I'm so excited for the album now.

This is another one of those "if you like rap and don't like this then I don't like you!" type deals :wink:
I'll freely admit that I have not listened to as much Wu-Tang as most other hip-hop fans, but this was a good song. I probably liked Meth's verse the best.

Did it sound to you like Deck's verse got cut off, or ended abruptly at the end?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have as your favorite? I'd probably go with "No Vaseline," but "The Takeover," or Jadakiss' "Checkmate" is close as hell. Also, "Drop a Gem on 'Em" is pretty fucking raw.

There are so many overrated diss tracks out there. Don't get me wrong, I love Nas, and would take his side in the beef with Jay and consider him a far better rapper than Jay-Z, but "Ether" is in no way better than Takeover. Not even close to me. Ether just sounded like a bunch of childish jabs and puns. I don't even think it's the best Nas diss- "Don't Body 'Ya Self" or even "Got Ur Self a Gun" are better to me.

"Hit 'Em Up" is also really overrated to me. Pac sounded like a little kid screaming at someone. Again, probably not even Pac's best diss.

"Piggy Bank" by 50 Cent is straight garbage (as is most 50 Cent songs post-Get Rich).

What's your favorite?

I like "No Vaseline", "Kick in the Door", and Dre Day". I also have some soft spots for "Callin' out Names", "Hit 'em up", "Lost One", and "Paper Plate".

On a somewhat related note, is anyone else excited for new Wu in a month? "People Say" makes me very optimistic about it, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I heard it's supposed to be a solid album. "People Say" has some of the griminess of ol, and I like it. I really like "Keep Watch" from their last album, A Better Tomorrow.

I'll freely admit that I have not listened to as much Wu-Tang as most other hip-hop fans, but this was a good song. I probably liked Meth's verse the best.

Did it sound to you like Deck's verse got cut off, or ended abruptly at the end?

I'm as big a Wu-Tang fan as anyone, and Meth in particular. Meth seems to me to be getting stuck in a basic rhyme scheme sometimes, and I hear it in his verse in this song. His rhyme schemes used to be so much more varied and when it contributed to his raw sound, was jaw-dropping.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems to be how it often sounds/happens when Masta Killa follows you. He's a bit of an acquired taste.

I'd probably rank the verses

Deck
Redman
Meth
Chef
Masta Killa

It's a real fight for those middle spots but the top and bottom are clear for me. Deck's verse is so so good.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close

That's my pick. The entire Death Certificate album is awesome but the first time I heard No Vaseline I must have rewound it (Yes, I'm that old that I had it on cassette) 10 times

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be how it often sounds/happens when Masta Killa follows you. He's a bit of an acquired taste.

I'd probably rank the verses

Deck
Redman
Meth
Chef
Masta Killa

It's a real fight for those middle spots but the top and bottom are clear for me. Deck's verse is so so good.

Deck rarely disappoints. I'd go with the same order.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deck rarely disappoints. I'd go with the same order.

He is so good that even though people will go on for days about how underrated he is he still remains underrated! That verse man, it's burned into my brain now...

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so good that even though people will go on for days about how underrated he is he still remains underrated! That verse man, it's burned into my brain now...

INS has some of the best verses, ever--period. Like you said, how can a guy do so well verse after verse, outshine some other classic verses (that are recognized) from the group, and still not get shit for credit? Triumph isn't Triumph without the rebel. Same with CREAM, Guillotine, Protect ya Neck, It's Yours, all the way to Above the Clouds with Gang Starr. Uncontrolled Substances--the list just goes on.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hip hops sucks dick

the correct answer is "idiot wind"

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pop goes the weasel and the weasel goes pop

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Kool Moe Dee. Him vs LL Cool J.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3