• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best and worst Seahawks draft picks

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of recent times, the award goes to Curry at being the worst draft pick. You look up the definition of underwhelming in the dictionary, his picture & stats printed right by the word.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How great was Paul Allen for the Seahawks? Unf****g real great. Hope the guy set some kind of record for living! The ahole owner before him, one of the worse. I feel for fans with bad owners, that's just miserable for sports fans.

Saved Seahawks football ... What's amazing is Ken Behring making draft picks... lol OH man .... Also basically forcing Allen to pay for the draft picks or he wasn't gonna keep um, that's some crazy shit right there... Paul Allen should have a statue in Seattle somewhere....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of recent times, the award goes to Curry at being the worst draft pick. You look up the definition of underwhelming in the dictionary, his picture & stats printed right by the word.

Curry was a trip.... SO athletic, so fast.. but it was like he had no idea where to go ... It's like someone spun the guy around in circles pre-snap and then he just took off whichever direction he was facing post snap ...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I agree that Rick Mirer isn't our worst draft pick - that Dan McGwire was, which isn't something I see many who do these articles agreeing with me on.
For sure Dan McGuire was our worst pick, but Curry was the biggest disappointment. McGwire went mid 1st round IIRC and most QB's selected in that range don't end up with much in the NFL history books . Curry was a can't miss prospect. I would have gladly taken him at the time.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure Dan McGuire was our worst pick, but Curry was the biggest disappointment. McGwire went mid 1st round IIRC and most QB's selected in that range don't end up with much in the NFL history books . Curry was a can't miss prospect. I would have gladly taken him at the time.

I agree with that.... Curry was a huge disappointment.... But McGuire was the worst pick, and that get's even more blown up because we passed on Favre who Coach Knox wanted BADLY....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saved Seahawks football ... What's amazing is Ken Behring making draft picks... lol OH man .... Also basically forcing Allen to pay for the draft picks or he wasn't gonna keep um, that's some crazy shit right there... Paul Allen should have a statue in Seattle somewhere....

I agree! Give the man a statue, a street name, a building named after him, or rename a new complex with homes being built in his honor. Who wouldn't want to live on Paul Allen Way!? The guy saved football in the city and has turned it into one of the better run franchises in the NFL. Who knows where football would be if he didn't purchase the Hawks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was joyed they got Curry thinking he was going to be a stud, but turned out to be a bust but he would have gone top 5 even if Seattle didn't draft him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was joyed they got Curry thinking he was going to be a stud, but turned out to be a bust but he would have gone top 5 even if Seattle didn't draft him.

Agreed... Turns out it didn't really matter who we drafted in the top 10-15 or so, they were mostly guys that didn't live up to expectations anyways... It turned out to be at least one of the worst, first round draft classes in NFL history...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I was pretty happy with the Curry pick at the time. Guess you never know how a rookie will do in the NFL.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the worst is Curry, as others have mentioned (and I was also one of those excited that he fell to us :/ ). I do guess that it depends on how you rate these things, since damn near everybody (except one writer... can't remember a name or where he was published, but he called it spot-on on Curry) had him as the top or one of the top prospects, and safest prospects in the draft... but if we had scouts that saw him for what he was, maybe we would have had Clay Matthews, instead.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Paul Allen definitely does deserve a statue in Seattle (commissioned by someone other than himself, because he has a number of buildings around named after him, but he either donated to build them or had them built himself... Allen Library, Allen Institute for Brain Science and probably others). Had no idea about the Walter Jones/Shawn Springs thing... that is pretty incredible.