• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bert likes Detroit

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been talking about that for awhile. Babcock has been quoted saying he really liked his play and would like him back next year.
I did hear that Red Wings this morning have signed RFA Mattias Ritola to a 3 year deal.
1st year 2 way contract worth $500,000 NHL salary or $105,000 AHL
2nd and 3rd year one way at $525,000 per season.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

He had a good playoffs, sort of... he's so spotty. I really can't think of a better word to sum up having Bert on your team.

"Meh".

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh.

He had a good playoffs, sort of... he's so spotty. I really can't think of a better word to sum up having Bert on your team.

"Meh".

What about the stigma Bertuzzi carries? Does that affect your wanting him on the team?

For the Bruins, we had the McSorely/Bertuzzi disaster. McSorely had to retire afterwards, but had he come back to play for Boston I would've found it difficult to cheer for him. Curious if any Wings fans feel any scruples about having Bert on the team, or maybe he's paid his dues and deserves to move on? I have mixed feelings.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have mixed feelings as well. On the one hand:

I think it's obvious the incident has affected Bertuzzi psychologically. He carries immense regret and baggage, and I know he's not the same guy he was back in '03. He has paid his dues, etc.

On the other hand, he broke a guy's freakin' neck.

I'm willing to give people a second chance, and I don't think Bert is doing the Wings more harm than good. But between his questionable on ice effort (at least consistancy), his lack of physical play (in comparison to his size), and his reputation as a massive locker room downer, I could take him or leave him. But are there any better options out there?

Which again leaves me at "meh".

I might be singing a different tune if we transplanted Dan Cleary's heart into Todd's body.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my far outsiders point of view, I thought he played too controlled, too reserved in the playoffs. I didn't see the guy who scared the shit out D-men and I didn't see the guy who could also dominate the porch like he can/should.

I know he's trying to play into a "system", but the guys bread and butter is being a big nasty mo-fo who gets in players faces, not the guy who's doing pirouettes like some kind of Euro kid.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have been talking about that for awhile. Babcock has been quoted saying he really liked his play and would like him back next year.
I did hear that Red Wings this morning have signed RFA Mattias Ritola to a 3 year deal.
1st year 2 way contract worth $500,000 NHL salary or $105,000 AHL
2nd and 3rd year one way at $525,000 per season.

I was happy with Ritola during what little ice time he got.