• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously considering this for my carry rig

1272_big_1.jpg

thoughts?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slide has always seemed a bit tall to me. Things that I like though: not striker fire with a de-cocker and has a physical safety.

The biggest concern I would have is the strange rotating barrel that it has on it. Sometimes innovation is good, on the other hand - it can cause problems and isn't quite a proven system yet.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a Berretta fan myself so I cannot offer much advise.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...SW 340 CT..dual caliper w/ a laser grip. "anything else and your shorting yourself". Why leave casings @ the jobsite anywhoze? Who needs more than 5 shots in a pressure situation?

HA!

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again...SW 340 CT..dual caliper w/ a laser grip. "anything else and your shorting yourself". Why leave casings @ the jobsite anywhoze? Who needs more than 5 shots in a pressure situation?

HA!

GTFO

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HA!

i am most comfortable with a hammer fired semi auto.....i prefer a da/sa w/ decocker

this is what i am used to and what i have the most muscle memory built up for....that is why i don't carry a revolver....if i am attacked in the dark i would much rather know exactly what's going on with my self defense tool

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do yourself a favor. Don't buy a Beretta unless its a 92 or 96. The storms sucks balls. Buy yourself a Sig either a P226, P227, P220, or P229 you will love the gun. I own a P226 and P220 combat love both guns. Besides my 1911 clones the Sigs are only other pistol I'll ever have in my collection.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do yourself a favor. Don't buy a Beretta unless its a 92 or 96. The storms sucks balls. Buy yourself a Sig either a P226, P227, P220, or P229 you will love the gun. I own a P226 and P220 combat love both guns. Besides my 1911 clones the Sigs are only other pistol I'll ever have in my collection.

Solid advise. Sig is one of the best out there.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, if you're looking for a non striker fire handgun then I'd go with a sig for a carry gun.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only fired one once. Drunk. the .40 version. Felt good from what i remember good balance.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only fired one once. Drunk. the .40 version. Felt good from what i remember good balance.

Just the type of person that people fight against law abiding people about.

Firing any gun while drunk is a recipe for death. Not impressed.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the type of person that people fight against law abiding people about.

Firing any gun while drunk is a recipe for death. Not impressed.

Whats your 5 weapons safety rules?

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats your 5 weapons safety rules?

As a NRA instructor the 3 most basic rules of handling firearms are:

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
Alcohol, as well as any other substance likely to impair normal mental or physical bodily functions, must not be used before or while handling or shooting guns.

You said that you fired a 40 while drunk. I am not impressed and think you are a problem. I have never fired a gun while drinking let alone drunk. I also remove my carry gun if I am heading to a bar to have a few with the guys or wife.

Being dumb with guns generally ends up badly. Admitting that you fired a weapon while drunk is dumb. I am gonna go on a limb and guess it is not the only time you have done so. You would not be welcomed in my company while any gun is present. Maybe welcomed if we decided to go have some beers..but that probably would not work out well either because I disagree with what you think is acceptable.

If you would like me to state more things that I teach to student's who are taking my class for a LTC feel free to ask.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a NRA instructor the 3 most basic rules of handling firearms are:

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
Alcohol, as well as any other substance likely to impair normal mental or physical bodily functions, must not be used before or while handling or shooting guns.

You said that you fired a 40 while drunk. I am not impressed and think you are a problem. I have never fired a gun while drinking let alone drunk. I also remove my carry gun if I am heading to a bar to have a few with the guys or wife.

Being dumb with guns generally ends up badly. Admitting that you fired a weapon while drunk is dumb. I am gonna go on a limb and guess it is not the only time you have done so. You would not be welcomed in my company while any gun is present. Maybe welcomed if we decided to go have some beers..but that probably would not work out well either because I disagree with what you think is acceptable.

If you would like me to state more things that I teach to student's who are taking my class for a LTC feel free to ask.

Meh twice. Was back when I was a civilian. Experience was limited then.
You retired Military/Police?
Corps teaches us 5 safety rules and is huge on them, you got slapped up side the head for putting your weapon on the deck, leaning it against a tree. Positive control at all times even condition 4. I obviously conducted a variety of ranges too, support by fire positions literally operation a 240B MG and shifting and ceasing fire with my buddies running out in front of me. And I've been the rusher attacking on line, working in pairs, fire teams, shooting moving, covering for the guy moving. Moving laterally on ranges as well. Night shooting, with NVGS. All that good stuff. So yes I understand the importance of safety. Plenty of deaths could be prevented with safety.

Also remember safety with explosives, C4 packs quite a punch. Having a piece of metal in my femur isn't the best way to conduct business.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh twice. Was back when I was a civilian. Experience was limited then.
You retired Military/Police?
Corps teaches us 5 safety rules and is huge on them, you got slapped up side the head for putting your weapon on the deck, leaning it against a tree. Positive control at all times even condition 4. I obviously conducted a variety of ranges too, support by fire positions literally operation a 240B MG and shifting and ceasing fire with my buddies running out in front of me. And I've been the rusher attacking on line, working in pairs, fire teams, shooting moving, covering for the guy moving. Moving laterally on ranges as well. Night shooting, with NVGS. All that good stuff. So yes I understand the importance of safety. Plenty of deaths could be prevented with safety.

Also remember safety with explosives, C4 packs quite a punch. Having a piece of metal in my femur isn't the best way to conduct business.

So basically what you are saying that because you have had a lot of experience with firearms and the like it is OK for you to fire a 40 cal handgun while you are intoxicated.

UmmmK

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically what you are saying that because you have had a lot of experience with firearms and the like it is OK for you to fire a 40 cal handgun while you are intoxicated.

UmmmK

Reread. I said it was back in the day. When I didn't have much experience. Immaturity, youth... The military gave me the experience and training. I've gone on to do more complicated maneuvers than your standard gun range with live fire that require safety and paying the hell attention.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reread. I said it was back in the day. When I didn't have much experience. Immaturity, youth... The military gave me the experience and training. I've gone on to do more complicated maneuvers than your standard gun range with live fire that require safety and paying the hell attention.

So again you should know that YOU should never handle let alone fire a gun while intoxicated

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second the Sig....Beretta is much better in the shotgun department...but like anything else...ask 100 people and get about 20 percent going with different manufacturers...so Sig, Colt, Beretta, SW and whatever else you want to add as your 5th or 6th....best thing to do...go to a range and get 3 guns in the same cal...and shoot them side by side and go with what feels good for your hands....the handles are what makes the difference.....just don't go with .40 cals...more kick that .45 or 9's...

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay......this may be the greatest pistol review i've ever seen

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second the Sig....Beretta is much better in the shotgun department...but like anything else...ask 100 people and get about 20 percent going with different manufacturers...so Sig, Colt, Beretta, SW and whatever else you want to add as your 5th or 6th....best thing to do...go to a range and get 3 guns in the same cal...and shoot them side by side and go with what feels good for your hands....the handles are what makes the difference.....just don't go with .40 cals...more kick that .45 or 9's...

that sounds like a great idea....however, the closest indoor pistol range is a 3 hour drive from here and they don't have a gun store on site the closest one with that feature is in colorado and unfortunately they can't sell (or lend) anything that "holds more or can be modified to hold more than 15 rounds"

pistol shopping in wyoming kinda sucks