• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals hire Hue Jackson

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin

#Bengals add former Raiders HC Hue Jackson to staff as asst. to defense and sp. teams. Coached Cincy WRs 04-06

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hobs even broke out the "in the fold" line in his write-up.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of odd that Hue couldn't land a position as an offensive assistant on someone's staff. His numbers as a coordinator were never that great, but he did get high marks as a receivers coach when he was here the first time.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think part of the deal is that Hue gets to make the selection for the first rounder he gave us?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue: "I'll be shitcanned for sure if I make this trade for Palmer"

Mike B: "Aw come on Hue, I have your back"

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hue: "I'll be shitcanned for sure if I make this trade for Palmer"

Mike B: "Aw come on Hue, I have your back"

True story. The day of the trade, it was reported that Mikey ("jokingly") told Hue if it doesn't work out in Oakland, he'd have a job for him back in Cincy.

At least it's good to know Mike hasn't changed a bit. Hue is an offense guy and we hire him as a defensive and ST assistant? Then again, I guess he is part of the "family".

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sort of odd that Hue couldn't land a position as an offensive assistant on someone's staff. His numbers as a coordinator were never that great, but he did get high marks as a receivers coach when he was here the first time.

He was credited with the IMPROVEMENT of that offense. You can't really blame him for not having a great offense with Campbell behind center and DHB as his #1.

Teams won't touch Hue with a 10' pole right now for the way he handled himself after Al Davis died. There was an article showing how his language changed (his press conferences evolving from "'we' have to do this or that as a team" to "'I' have to do this") and how power hungry he became as time went on. He put the nail in his own coffin with his post-season rant throwing his entire team under the bus and talking about how he wanted more say and more power in the organization.

End of the day, he showed himself as a Rex/Rob Ryan kind of guy. Someone who talks a lot more than he actually does. It has shown not to work. I do like the guy though. I hope he takes this as a learning experience and doesn't make the same mistakes again. From what I've seen, he really does seem to have a great offensive mind.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some food for thought:

If as some of us speculated, Gruden was promised the head coaching spot after this season, it might make sense that Hue was also promised the OC spot. Though not to leave out the possibility that Hue was just desperate now.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! You can't make this shit up.