• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Revere?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad someone with M's is listening to me. I have talking about him for LF for over a month now. Go get him and bye, bye Ack.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting Revere would make too much sense, no way the Mariners do something that makes sense.

I would love to have Revere as a Mariner. Ever sense NWAZ planted this idea in my head.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be the best LF since.....? Cruz Jr? Briley? Bragg? Bradley? And a real leadoff hitter. You are right, makes too much sense.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A letter from the Mariners' front office:

Dear Mr. Revere,

After much consideration, we have decided to withdraw from acquiring you and adding you to our team roster. The reason being is that after studying up on your numbers and stats, they simply exceed the expectations for the team, and would not fit in well with the Master Plan we have for this franchise.

As of yet, we are keeping our plans top secret, and are hoping to send our own team so far down the toilet that the poor saps we lure to our Safeco Field seats will WANT to see these sorry-ass quitters relocated elsewhere...Oh, I wasn't supposed to put that in? Crap...

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience, but best of luck on your current team. May you fare a lot better than we will allow.

Sincerely,

Jack Zdurencik
General Manager, Seattle Mariners

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners inquired into the availability of Philadelphia outfielder Ben Revere, as first reported by CSNPhilly.com, but talks quickly stalled when the Phillies asked for either Taijuan Walker or James Paxton in return.
Revere, 27, has a .270/.312/.352 slash (batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage) in 60 games. He is making $4.1 million and is under club control, via arbitration, through the 2017 season.
The Mariners are likely to show renewed interest if Philadelphia lowers its asking price. Revere would project as the Mariners’ regular left fielder and could shift next season to center field if Austin Jackson departs as a free agent.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I would want him at that price.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners inquired into the availability of Philadelphia outfielder Ben Revere, as first reported by CSNPhilly.com, but talks quickly stalled when the Phillies asked for either Taijuan Walker or James Paxton in return.
Revere, 27, has a .270/.312/.352 slash (batting average/on-base percentage/slugging percentage) in 60 games. He is making $4.1 million and is under club control, via arbitration, through the 2017 season.
The Mariners are likely to show renewed interest if Philadelphia lowers its asking price. Revere would project as the Mariners’ regular left fielder and could shift next season to center field if Austin Jackson departs as a free agent.
Is Ruben Amaro drunk? I'm surprised he hasn't been fired. Howard's contract is immovable, Cole Utley is hitting under .200, he is asking the world for Chase Hamels and at this point everyday that passes his value drops and now he wants Walker or Paxton for Revere? Unreal...

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ruben Amaro drunk? I'm surprised he hasn't been fired. Howard's contract is immovable, Cole Utley is hitting under .200, he is asking the world for Chase Hamels and at this point everyday that passes his value drops and now he wants Walker or Paxton for Revere? Unreal...
cole hamels that is...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

Ken Rosenthal
20 mins ·
‪#‎Phillies‬ GM Ruben Amaro Jr. on whether he asked for Walker or Paxton when ‪#‎Mariners‬ inquired on Revere, as @TNT_Mariners reported:

“Typically we would not comment on rumors. But when they reach this level of ridiculousness, I can say unequivocally that what has been written is false.”

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big price tag for Revere if those rumors are true, it sounds like they are false though. It also sounds like this trade will not happen cause Jack Z is an idiot.

The Phills seem to be doing some weird stuff with their roster right now. Kinda semi rebuilding and going about it in what appears to be an odd way. Their team is god awful this year and a lot of their big name guys don't have a ton of trade value right now, outside of Hamels. The guys they should move are Hamels, Howard and Utley, Hamels is still owed a ton of money, Howard is still owed a ton of money and not putting up numbers that justify his price tag, and Utley is hitting worse than Ackley. If they do make trades before the deadline then I would expect some eating of money by the Phillies. I would be shocked if Hamels didn't get traded at the deadline.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m's will make a deal with the astros for colby rasmus, and houston will acquire somebody much better.

revere will stay put.

calling it

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they get Revere for Taylor.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per CBS:

Seattle is said to be low on money after making the Trumbo trade, as one rival familiar with their inner workings called that deal their "last bullet." That could possibly be why they were never a threat to sign Soriano despite Fernando Rodney's obvious struggles (6.75 ERA), though GM Jack Zduriencik denied they are out of money. Trumbo hasn't started great with his new team (4 for 28 with nine Ks), incidentally, but he should ultimately lengthen their lineup ... Robinson Cano is known as a slow starter, but this is ridiculous. He has a .607 OPS.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumbo hasn't done much for us yet. On the bright side He should be a 25+ homerun guy. On the downside he will probably be a 150+ K guy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If teams keep pitching him low and outside and he doesn't adjust, it will be a long season in Seattle for him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If teams keep pitching him low and outside and he doesn't adjust, it will be a long season in Seattle for him.
The lack of adjustments this team makes are brutal. I am not sure why this seems to happen to Mariners hitter but they just refuse to adjust to how they are being pitched.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of adjustments this team makes are brutal. I am not sure why this seems to happen to Mariners hitter but they just refuse to adjust to how they are being pitched.

That is the truth. The thing that has always bothered me about the M's big sluggers approach is that they all stand off the plate and reach for outside pitches because of course pitchers throw everything away to them. I was watching a little bit of the Nationals vs Yanks game the other day and noticed how Bryce Harper and another slugger on the team were right up on it covering the outside of the plate. Yes they run the risk of being jammed, but pitchers have such a small area to miss on the inside and a lot of pitchers these days don't like throwing inside.

Now K-Nino, that is a whole different issue. He must just have bad eyes. He strikes out watching pitches in the zone and shakes his head like they were bad calls. They aren't. He is just not seeing them.