• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell and Blount Arrested

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the Pats let go of Blount just time!:clap:

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance that with the way Ginger botched the Ray Rice situation that he backs off of this and maybe lets the Steelers handle this internally? It's a first offense for all parties (if Blount was included too).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Burner!!

From my understanding Bell will get a one game suspension if precedent punishment (most recently Bowe from KC) is followed or Goddell deems it more serious...not sure about Blount...maybe nothing from the league.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ATL… There are more than a handful of these cases in the NFL where the player only received a 1 game suspension from the league. That certainly takes precedent, but we all know how Goodell hates the Steelers. :noidea:

I think the Steelers are more likely to suspend Bell for 1 game, so it will be interesting to see what the league does in that event.

We still have to wait for the blood tests to be reported. Then we'll know.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1-game suspension would tolerable.

What does this say about Bell's long term future with the club? I'm not one to really get down on a guy for smoking pot (not my thing but...) but there is truth to the idea that someone who can't refrain with so much money and so many people relying on him may have serious character flaws. I think a lot of these guys do this. But the way the league is set up right now suspensions add up quick ie Gordon.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Bell paid his own way to Philly for tonights game and both Blount and him will be playing tonight.

Interesting.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1-game suspension would tolerable.

What does this say about Bell's long term future with the club? I'm not one to really get down on a guy for smoking pot (not my thing but...) but there is truth to the idea that someone who can't refrain with so much money and so many people relying on him may have serious character flaws. I think a lot of these guys do this. But the way the league is set up right now suspensions add up quick ie Gordon.

The Rooney's have been heavy handed in the past...but, the fact that they actually brought T'aamua back after a far more serious offense tells me they will probably let the league protocol run it's course and as long as this doesn't become a pattern I don't think it will effect him long term.

The good thing is once you have a positive you have to pee a lot more often I think so the Steelers will know relatively quickly if this a pattern for Bell.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rooney's have been heavy handed in the past...but, the fact that they actually brought T'aamua back after a far more serious offense tells me they will probably let the league protocol run it's course and as long as this doesn't become a pattern I don't think it will effect him long term.

The good thing is once you have a positive you have to pee a lot more often I think so the Steelers will know relatively quickly if this a pattern for Bell.

I hope you're right. I really like Bell. I was trumpeting him as my favorite back in that class. When they Steelers took him I was ecstatic.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok yinz guys that are in the burgh .. whats the buzz about what is going on with these 2 as far as punishment from the rooney's

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard, it's not going to happen… Pitt Post-Gazette confirmed it… Something about team-imposed suspensions violating the league's collective bargaining agreement was the last thing I read about. Any discipline from the NFL won't be handed down until after the case plays out in court. Something that can, and most likely will be held off until after the season. All talks of the looming suspensions were swept under the rug as soon as the team announced that Bell & Blount would be playing in the opener.