• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beautiful!

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anyone would consider Agholor just a speed guy. He's more of possession guy who can take it the distance. Like Maclin, but with better body control and ball skills.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anyone would consider Agholor just a speed guy. He's more of possession guy who can take it the distance. Like Maclin, but with better body control and ball skills.
Yes and he is stronger, has tackle breaking ability and won't go down from the turf monster or a strong gust of wind.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings sentiments on Maclin are true for Jeremy's first 4 seasons with us -- I had the same opinion of Mac….before this past year where I ate my crow. Maclin took a huge step forward in his progress this past year. I was very hard on Maclin before, but he really impressed me in 2014 -- he played MUCH tougher than I had ever seen before. He's steadily added more muscle mass onto his frame and for the first time I saw him play with physicality. Comparing Agholor to Maclin of last year is a pretty sound comparison. Though, Agholor is more talented at this stage of his career than Maclin was coming out of college.

Perriman will likely grow into a more dominant WR than Agholor, but Agholor is a very good prospect himself and he is a better fit in our culture -- he also offers much more versatility on the field.

Last edited:
G

greenwing

Comparing Agholor to Maclin of last year is a pretty sound comparison. Though, Agholor is more talented in this stage of his career than Maclin was coming out of college.

Pretty much sums up what i was trying to say. Thought that pretty reasonable myself.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got around to watching the film on Agholor. Wow, I can't believe some of you like Perriman better. Agholor looks about as close to Beckham Jr. as you can get, as far as college tape is concerned.

He catches everything, is laterally explosive, runs razor sharp routes, very good YAC ability. He's a plug and play 80 catch guy year 1. Perriman is a major project with quite unpolished WR skills.

IMO, Agholor should have gone higher. I love the pick, and don't think he would have been available in a trade down.

It was either ProFootballFocus or FootballOutsiders that had Agholor ranked as the #2 WR in the draft. It basically stated that White and Parker were high bust candidates because of the lack of production in relation to their offenses. I hate USC, but Agholor was great. Dude could do everything on the field. Doesn't mean he will succeed in the NFL, but I really wanted him in green. Quite happy he is here.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Maclin had his best year on a contract year.. We will see If that continues... I still see more Ranadall Cobb in Agholors game.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. I'd say Agholor is the slightly better athlete. He is more elusive with better lateral agility, and maybe even a bit faster straight line as well. Better body control and ball skills, though none of this is a slight to the 2014 version of Maclin, which really impressed me.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got around to watching the film on Agholor. Wow, I can't believe some of you like Perriman better. Agholor looks about as close to Beckham Jr. as you can get, as far as college tape is concerned.

He catches everything, is laterally explosive, runs razor sharp routes, very good YAC ability. He's a plug and play 80 catch guy year 1. Perriman is a major project with quite unpolished WR skills.

IMO, Agholor should have gone higher. I love the pick, and don't think he would have been available in a trade down.

Beckham was an elite prospect -- I jocked that dude probably more than anyone, ranking him above everyone not named Watkins. Agholor is a real good prospect, but he's definitely not Beckham level as a prospect.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin apparently made a strong first impression with reporters today. They said he was like another Jordan Mathews, well spoken, high-character kind of guy. Chip is slowly changing the culture with these types of kids.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor is the prototypical Chip Kelly "culture" fit. High intelligence, great work ethic, leader type, football junkie who strives to get better -- willing to do anything to help his team win.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike the player, but taking a wr in the first round there was very bad. We missed on a good corner or safety now, and there will be good receivers available in the next three rounds.

Ahum - what most considered to be the good safeties and CB's are/were already gone by the time the Eagles got to pick (and the one remaining high rankes S is/was generally assumed to be an extremely bad fit for the Eagles defense). Taking one would have been an enourmous reach. What surprised me though - somewhat - is them not taking an OL, considering the holes there (and I rate OL a bigger need than WR).

Cannot complain too much about the pick though.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everybody saying that Agholor is a better athlete and has better lateral movement than Maclin:

Did you watch Maclin play in college? He was an absolute stud. He was also a very good return man in college. Even better than Agholor. His return abilities simply didn't translate to the pros.

To say that Agholor is a better athlete is a huge stretch. Maclin was a much better college player than Agholor. We'll have to see who is the better pro.

I actually think there a lot of similarities between the two. The big difference is that Agholor seems a little smoother and Maclin is a bit stiffer.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, people act like Maclin wasn't a total stud coming out of college. Maclin should have been a top 10 pick but he fell because the Raiders stupidly took Darrius Heyward-Bey.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin apparently made a strong first impression with reporters today. They said he was like another Jordan Mathews, well spoken, high-character kind of guy. Chip is slowly changing the culture with these types of kids.
I think you meant Agholor?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham was an elite prospect -- I jocked that dude probably more than anyone, ranking him above everyone not named Watkins. Agholor is a real good prospect, but he's definitely not Beckham level as a prospect.

I compare him to a bigger Antonio Brown. Similar skills and style.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor's interview with the philly press was beyond awesome.

That kid is so articulate, so eloquent, so impressive it's scary. I hope he becomes a superstar. The only jersey i ever bot was dawkins but i'd buy his jersey tomorrow.

i must be getting old to be that sentimental.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for certain, USC produces some fine WRs. They seem to grow on trees out there in SoCal.