• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beautiful!

G

greenwing

It does matter because Maclin always goes down by the invisible turf monster. This guy has far better RAC ability.

How you figure that? Maclin was in the top ten for YAC last season with 489 yards not too far behind Cobb. I don't get your Maclin hate.

upload_2015-5-1_10-31-58.png

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not expect to lose Maclin and when he was offered 11m from KC we let him go. We took Maclin with the 18th pick and with the 20th pick we took Nelson Agholor. We needed to replace Maclin and did if for much less that 11m.

I think Matthews can replace Maclin's production from last year and if Agholor can replace Matthews production we are look good.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you figure that? Maclin was in the top ten for YAC last season with 489 yards not too far behind Cobb. I don't get your Maclin hate.

View attachment 15127
Watch the Damn games dude....Maclin doesn't break tackles....he goes down by a shoelace or he runs out of bounds....i don't give a shit about the stats or measurables.

It's Not Maclin hate either....Maclin and Agholor other than their measurables are nothing alike.
Maclin played scared all too often, he would duck to avoid a tackle, trip over the turf or just run out of bounds. yeah he was good at getting open, but his RAC ability was not great by any means.

Since you love stats go look at Maclins YAC for his career then get back to me.

G

greenwing

Watch the Damn games dude....Maclin doesn't break tackles....he goes down by a shoelace or he runs out of bounds....i don't give a shit about the stats or measurables.

It's Not Maclin hate either....Maclin and Agholor other than their measurables are nothing alike.
Maclin played scared all too often, he would duck to avoid a tackle, trip over the turf or just run out of bounds. yeah he was good at getting open, but his RAC ability was not great by any means.

I dont give a crap what Macs YAC were prior to last year. He found himself and his game last season as far as I'm concerned. You want to judge the guy because he isn't as physical as Dez Bryant than be my guest but the stats are there and he produced and that all that matters.

As far Maclin and Agholor I think they are a lot alike. I agree with you that Agholor is more versatile and physical than Jmac and might stiff arm a defender after the catch but neither one of these guys are going t run anyone over. They are both vertical threats type WR's that can take you deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

greenwing

But I will also say that Agholor has a ton more upside than Maclin had. Agholor does play big for his size.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In other words -- "I don't care how much proof you put in front of me, I'm not changing my erroneous opinion."

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words -- "I don't care how much proof you put in front of me, I'm not changing my erroneous opinion."
Not erro
Annoying isn't it? The ego is strong in this one.
Greenwing your fuckin killin me bro! Are you gonna tell me we didn't have many a posters pissing and moaning about Maclin going down over the years by the Turf monster??? Don't make me go find it!:nono:

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to last year's numbers, it is. The "I know what I saw and don't tell me otherwise" argument doesn't really hold much water when the numbers completely contradict it.

You are pretty much arguing 2+2=5 here, dude.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Familiarity breed contempt in many cases. Its amazing how quickly fans turn on players. Fact is Maclin was/is a great receiver. Nate Allen was an average Safety. Sam Bradford is a good QB with a bad string of injuries (But STL ran him out of town anyways). Josh Huff and Marcus Smith have every bit the potential today that they had the day they were drafted. And Jalen Watkins might be the Eagles best Safety Prospect. A 4th rounder with a year of training, may be better than whatever player they draft in the 2nd or third this year.

G

greenwing

Not erro

Greenwing your fuckin killin me bro! Are you gonna tell me we didn't have many a posters pissing and moaning about Maclin going down over the years by the Turf monster??? Don't make me go find it!:nono:

Over the years?

As i said, he found himself and his game last season. Bottom line is he produced. I'm not gong to fault the guy for his past tendencies of not taking hits or breaking tackles.

Wings, are you going to tell me there weren't posters who were bitching that we needed to resign the guy?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the years?

As i said, he found himself and his game last season. Bottom line is he produced. I'm not gong to fault the guy for his past tendencies of not taking hits or breaking tackles.

Wings, are you going to tell me there weren't posters who were bitching that we needed to resign the guy?
See now we are getting way off track.....There is no question Maclin was good, last year was clearly his breakout season....However the argument was who he Agholor most resembles, I said Randall Cobb.
Agholor even runs like Cobb.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Familiarity breed contempt in many cases. Its amazing how quickly fans turn on players. Fact is Maclin was/is a great receiver. Nate Allen was an average Safety. Sam Bradford is a good QB with a bad string of injuries (But STL ran him out of town anyways). Josh Huff and Marcus Smith have every bit the potential today that they had the day they were drafted. And Jalen Watkins might be the Eagles best Safety Prospect. A 4th rounder with a year of training, may be better than whatever player they draft in the 2nd or third this year.
MACLINS A GREAT RECEIVER NOBODY SAID HE WASN'T...IS THERE SOMEONE THAT SAID MACLIN SUCKS??? PLEASE SHOW ME THAT.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MACLINS A GREAT RECEIVER NOBODY SAID HE WASN'T...IS THERE SOMEONE THAT SAID MACLIN SUCKS??? PLEASE SHOW ME THAT.

lol. Page up on this thread. Pretty much ripping the guy as being a pu$$y for avoiding contact.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got around to watching the film on Agholor. Wow, I can't believe some of you like Perriman better. Agholor looks about as close to Beckham Jr. as you can get, as far as college tape is concerned.

He catches everything, is laterally explosive, runs razor sharp routes, very good YAC ability. He's a plug and play 80 catch guy year 1. Perriman is a major project with quite unpolished WR skills.

IMO, Agholor should have gone higher. I love the pick, and don't think he would have been available in a trade down.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I think its part of learning to be a good pro is to be judicious with the contact. No reason to take that full on collision, when you can duck under it a little or step out of bounds. Russell Wilson is the master of it.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the video greenwing posted earlier, you'll see his short area explosiveness. The TD catch against UCLA early in the video is good proof of it. Starting around the 3 minute mark, you see some YAC stuff demonstrating his lateral agility and physicalness running with the ball. To me, he's not like Maclin at all. He's a hands catcher whereas Maclin likes to use his body to frame the ball at times. Agholor is WAY more physical with the ball in his hands and has better lateral movement. There's no doubt about that.

I don't think it's impossible for Agholor to be Beckham Jr like.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try doing a search on this board on Nelson Agholor with my name attached to it then get back to me... Then go back to the old board do same thing with Maclin and get back to me.. Yeah I pimped both guys... However... Agholor is not afraid of contact! Period end of story

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try doing a search on this board on Nelson Agholor with my name attached to it then get back to me... Then go back to the old board do same thing with Maclin and get back to me.. Yeah I pimped both guys... However... Agholor is not afraid of contact! Period end of story

Kind of exactly my point. Good example of a fan that falls in love with a player, but then he moves on and the fan starts poking holes in his game. Forgot to mention Shady in this. When he was here we loved his lateral agility and ability to make a big gain when none was there. Now he's a dancer who doesn't hit the whole hard.