• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BEARS vs Vikings Game Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you love watching this team dig a hole for themselves early?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss-poor clock management.

Emphasized by the decision to then come out slinging with 15 fucking seconds.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, they did not use any of the time outs at the end of the half so Minny did not have time to think about how they were going to score?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater had 9 TDs coming into this game...3 so far today? We suck.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our o-line is shit.

They have been terrible these past few weeks.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Defense still couldn't stop a leaky faucet.

Every week the opposing teams Offense can do no wrong. Blaine Gabbert? All-Pro type, career-day. Looked like Steve Young out there. Kirk Cousins? Smoking' Joe Montana. Teddy Bridgewater? CAREER DAYS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline was much better with Slauson at center. Grasu was not ready this season. Need to bring in a right tackle also, Long is 10x better at gaurd.

C

cubzzzfanincali

mm...maybe, don't know about that for sure. Too many see more sacks and just say "now the line is worse." That's a little over-simplistic. I think the O line's play is a complex situation. They are definitely run blocking better last couple of games, but the pass blocking has seen some blown assignments Until I see the 22 not totally sure but a couple of those sacks today may be on the WRs or Cutler.

Slauson played pretty badly as a center in terms of his blocking, he is far better a road grader from the guard spot. But he probably was making better protection calls than the rookie, which may explain some of it. I think the O line is playing differently, not sure if on balance it is better or worse.

I'm almost done with Long at tackle, I am glad we tried this but think the team is better with him at guard. Of course, that leaves us basically without a good option at either tackle.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leno Jr. is shit. Long has looked pretty bad the last few weeks and definitely looks better at Guard. Grasu looks like he just gets tossed around, and I have seen far too many replays where he touches no one..,..just standing there doing nothing.

Forget about the sacks and protection for a sec....they are TERRIBLE regarding presnap penalties and holding penalties. Worst in the league with the latter.

Far too many drives are thwarted by terrible down and distance due to o-line penalties.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mm...maybe, don't know about that for sure. Too many see more sacks and just say "now the line is worse." That's a little over-simplistic. I think the O line's play is a complex situation. They are definitely run blocking better last couple of games, but the pass blocking has seen some blown assignments Until I see the 22 not totally sure but a couple of those sacks today may be on the WRs or Cutler.

Slauson played pretty badly as a center in terms of his blocking, he is far better a road grader from the guard spot. But he probably was making better protection calls than the rookie, which may explain some of it. I think the O line is playing differently, not sure if on balance it is better or worse.

I'm almost done with Long at tackle, I am glad we tried this but think the team is better with him at guard. Of course, that leaves us basically without a good option at either tackle.

I am pretty sure Slauson has been the guy making the line protection calls whether he played guard or center.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Far too many drives are thwarted by terrible down and distance due to o-line penalties.

Because you know I love statistics, here are some on this subject.

- as a team, the Bears are being penalized about dead-smack at the league average of 6.8 times per game
- the Bears are first in the league in offensive holding, with 27 accepted. League average is 19.2.
- the Bears have been called for 18 false starts, a little higher than the league average of 16

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you know I love statistics, here are some on this subject.

- as a team, the Bears are being penalized about dead-smack at the league average of 6.8 times per game
- the Bears are first in the league in offensive holding, with 27 accepted. League average is 19.2.
- the Bears have been called for 18 false starts, a little higher than the league average of 16

so..

- average
- worst in the league
- and slightly below average

sounds like a recipe for shitty down and distances and a below-average team.

Maybe if their Defense didn't suck bawls, they could overcome that, but....their Defense sucks bawls.

That's about what I expected though. What's lame, And I doubt there's any way to prove this, but it sure seems like a lot of those negated big plays? Or they followed a little momentum-gain in games...i.e., the O was finally getting in rhythm only to get penalized and get behind in down and distance and have to punt.

I got nothing to back this, but it sure seemed that way.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only positive out of yesterday, is that I think it's safe to say we found a solid return man.