• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears vs Titans 11-8-20

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to watch the Bears anymore when there's no hope for them moving the ball. 5-1 start, 6-10 season en route to a house cleaning.

It won't end that bad record-wise...but yeah, this team is going nowhere.

I'm actually leaning toward putting Mitch back in not because I think it would help anything, but because it would make Nagy look like a waffler and put him one foot closer to out the door.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roquan was a monster today.

It's a shame to see so many individual efforts across this team go to waste. They should be better than they are. Yes, what is happening on the o-line would derail most any team, but the level to which our offense has sunk is just unforgivable.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't end that bad record-wise...but yeah, this team is going nowhere.

I'm actually leaning toward putting Mitch back in not because I think it would help anything, but because it would make Nagy look like a waffler and put him one foot closer to out the door.
I think it will, definitely no way we end up better than 8-8. An opposing defense doesn't even need to be good to put the clamps on our offense. Remaining schedule is:

- Vikings. Loss.
- Packers. Loss
- Lions. Maybe.
- Texans. Maybe.
- Vikings. Loss.
- Jaguars. Maybe.
- Packers. Loss.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame to see so many individual efforts across this team go to waste. They should be better than they are. Yes, what is happening on the o-line would derail most any team, but the level to which our offense has sunk is just unforgivable.
It's all fucking Nagy. We have a talented team on both sides of the ball. Solid No. 1 WR, talented RB, smart and efficient QB, good supporting receivers...the o-line is shit, but Nagy does them no favors.

My favorite shit call yesterday was the attempted shovel pass to Robinson/fake pitch out to Patterson down at the 5 yard line. Any other day, and I might let this call slide, but considering the patchwork o-line, the fact that we can't run the ball when our starters are there and just the general overall cutesy pootsy bullshit of it, drives me insane.

Funny too, that the play was designed OFF of Patterson's failed 4th and 1 pitch out from last week(?), Maybe the week before, but still.

Only Nagy could take one of the worst plays of the season and think to himself, we really need to work something off of that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will, definitely no way we end up better than 8-8. An opposing defense doesn't even need to be good to put the clamps on our offense. Remaining schedule is:

- Vikings. Loss.
- Packers. Loss
- Lions. Maybe.
- Texans. Maybe.
- Vikings. Loss.
- Jaguars. Maybe.
- Packers. Loss.

Vikings look good right now, but they are one-dimensional. I think if they can limit Cook, Cousins will have his usual game against the Bears D.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all fucking Nagy. We have a talented team on both sides of the ball. Solid No. 1 WR, talented RB, smart and efficient QB, good supporting receivers...the o-line is shit, but Nagy does them no favors.

My favorite shit call yesterday was the attempted shovel pass to Robinson/fake pitch out to Patterson down at the 5 yard line. Any other day, and I might let this call slide, but considering the patchwork o-line, the fact that we can't run the ball when our starters are there and just the general overall cutesy pootsy bullshit of it, drives me insane.

Funny too, that the play was designed OFF of Patterson's failed 4th and 1 pitch out from last week(?), Maybe the week before, but still.

Only Nagy could take one of the worst plays of the season and think to himself, we really need to work something off of that.

Yeah. It's impossible to defend Nagy now. I understand our o-line is weak and Foles isn't the greatest...but it's blatantly obvious that there is a ceiling to what Nagy brings to our table, and that ceiling is painstakingly low. He needs to go. The sooner the better. That game felt unwinnable yesterday at 10-0 and we could have somehow lucked into it if we get a FG and cut it to 10-3 instead of falling 17-0 on Montgomery's fumble. One would think, that's a good thing, right? All I can think is how sad it is that we fans (and players on the field IMO) feel helpless before/during/after games when our D consistently holds teams under 20. That kind of result has to fall on the coach(es), and to a lesser degree GM/management.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Vikings. Loss.
- Packers. Loss
- Lions. Maybe.
- Texans. Maybe.
- Vikings. Loss.
- Jaguars. Maybe.
- Packers. Loss.
Solider field is a house of horrors for us

We needed a monster game from AP in his prime, and 2017 when we were unstoppable until we ran into Nick Foles and eagles

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solider field is a house of horrors for us

We needed a monster game from AP in his prime, and 2017 when we were unstoppable until we ran into Nick Foles and eagles

Trust me...Your team is aware...Everybody in their locker room is like "Just score 2 TD's and we beat these guys." And they're right to think that...Yeah, it's not easy because our D is good...but it isn't impossible either. And it's much more likely our D falters a couple times than our O ever does...anything.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me...Your team is aware...Everybody in their locker room is like "Just score 2 TD's and we beat these guys." And they're right to think that...Yeah, it's not easy because our D is good...but it isn't impossible either. And it's much more likely our D falters a couple times than our O ever does...anything.
There is no reason for this offense to be this bad. I don't give two shits about the stupid o-line either. Nagy just kills this team with his lack of FEEL for the game. Timing, Momentum, overall Management of the game is just awful.

Also, let's face it, the Bears are horribly undisciplined. The Penalties are just absurd this year, on both sides of the ball. Hicks was lucky to not get ANOTHER roughing the pass PF yesterday. And on offense, way too many drives getting behind in down and distance due to penalties.

Nagy just coaches scared. Like he has no trust in anyone, and establishing a significant lead terrifies him, like somehow it'll awaken the beast in the other team, or some shit? Let the D do it's thing, we'll sloppily tag along until we are absolutely forced to actually attempt to move the ball and score?? It is maddening to watch.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sucks man.

While I still don't think much of Mitch, it is pretty clear he's not the only problem. I do think he can have Ryan Tannehill like arc.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason for this offense to be this bad. I don't give two shits about the stupid o-line either. Nagy just kills this team with his lack of FEEL for the game. Timing, Momentum, overall Management of the game is just awful.

Also, let's face it, the Bears are horribly undisciplined. The Penalties are just absurd this year, on both sides of the ball. Hicks was lucky to not get ANOTHER roughing the pass PF yesterday. And on offense, way too many drives getting behind in down and distance due to penalties.

Nagy just coaches scared. Like he has no trust in anyone, and establishing a significant lead terrifies him, like somehow it'll awaken the beast in the other team, or some shit? Let the D do it's thing, we'll sloppily tag along until we are absolutely forced to actually attempt to move the ball and score?? It is maddening to watch.

The really frustrating thing is that I do think the players like him...and I think they bought in when Foles came out. (Mack saying "We got a team now boys" after Foles came in and we won is a moment that comes to mind) Then it became painfully obvious that we're nowhere close on offense...and our problems go way beyond QB and definitely point first and foremost to Nagy. So the players know, the fans know, and I would have to assume that management/ownership have to realize it by now. It's just bad. But I do think the ship will sink gracefully. It's very similar to Mitch, honestly. Nagy isn't a douchebag like Trestman was...He's just not good. Hopefully we can move on this offseason. Even more hopefully I'm praying we can figure out something with our personnel for this to not completely fall into despair/rebuild as, well, most unbiased opinions outside of us faithful would probably see it going. Sad, really. I want post-2018 offseason Bears fan me back so bad.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really frustrating thing is that I do think the players like him...and I think they bought in when Foles came out. (Mack saying "We got a team now boys" after Foles came in and we won is a moment that comes to mind) Then it became painfully obvious that we're nowhere close on offense...and our problems go way beyond QB and definitely point first and foremost to Nagy. So the players know, the fans know, and I would have to assume that management/ownership have to realize it by now. It's just bad. But I do think the ship will sink gracefully. It's very similar to Mitch, honestly. Nagy isn't a douchebag like Trestman was...He's just not good. Hopefully we can move on this offseason. Even more hopefully I'm praying we can figure out something with our personnel for this to not completely fall into despair/rebuild as, well, most unbiased opinions outside of us faithful would probably see it going. Sad, really. I want post-2018 offseason Bears fan me back so bad.
If the Bears drop their next 2 games, I think they shitcan Pace and Nagy the next day.

Or maybe that's me just fantasizing out loud?:think:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears drop their next 2 games, I think they shitcan Pace and Nagy the next day.

Or maybe that's me just fantasizing out loud?:think:

I wouldn't bet on it...5-6 isn't "canned in the middle of the season" territory. Hell, they stuck out Trestman until the end...and I don't think we'll ever see a bigger disaster. (famous last words lol) They're in it til season end at least.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've got to be kidding. Every offense starts with the oline. We have all 5 starters injured, or is it 4, i've lost count. Not to mention the starters weren't that good to begin with. You don't give "two shits about the stupid o-line"??? You don't understand football then. The games are won and lost in the trenches, that means oline and dline newb.

Lack of "feel for the game"--LOL. Give me a fucking break.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to be kidding. Every offense starts with the oline. We have all 5 starters injured, or is it 4, i've lost count. Not to mention the starters weren't that good to begin with. You don't give "two shits about the stupid o-line"??? You don't understand football then. The games are won and lost in the trenches, that means oline and dline newb.

Keep making excuses for Nagy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nagy's candle is running out of wax. He's gonna need a miracle at this point...because his contribution does not raise this team up, and the personnel isn't going to cover his ass. So expect him to be gone in one of the next 2 offseasons. We're declining under him, not improving. What more really needs to be said than that as indication of a coach's impact or lack thereof, as the case may be?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep making excuses for Nagy.

Who's making excuses for Nagy. Nagy should be fired for sure. Nagy deserving to get fired and the oline sucking are not mutually exclusive ideas. The oline sucks and Nagy sucks. But no matter how good Nagy is, if you don't have an oline, you're going to suck. Foles can be serviceable behind a good oline.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's making excuses for Nagy. Nagy should be fired for sure. Nagy deserving to get fired and the oline sucking are not mutually exclusive ideas. The oline sucks and Nagy sucks. But no matter how good Nagy is, if you don't have an oline, you're going to suck. Foles can be serviceable behind a good oline.
As stated, Nagy does them no favors. There are ways to COACH around deficiencies. Even the o-line. These guys are still pros. Next man up en shit. A good coach coaches his TEAM, not his SYSTEM.

And also...of course you take every word literal, allow no room for the slightest semblance of hyperbole or emotion, while completely missing the point trying to be made. Slow Tuesday, eh?