• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears to face back-to-back Rookie QB's...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeks 2 and 3 will be have the Bears playing against the Eagles and Cowboys... injuries and thus trades have moved rookies into the starting QB role for those teams. A much needed bounty for our boys in Navy & Orange.

Week 2:
The Eagles have traded starter Sam Bradford to the Vikings for a FIRST ROUND PICK (*and a conditional 4th rounder) and who says that the QB position is easy to find? Really? A 1st rounder?? Wow.
When news first broke it was believed that Chase Daniel would get the nod as starter, and he may in week one, but just a couple hours later the Eagles have revealed the trade was more about moving up with Carson Wentz and getting him in there... predicting he starts very soon. 1st pro game could be against the Bears.

Week 3:
The Dallas Cowboys lost Tony Romo to a broken back... in steps Preseason Gym Class Hero... Dak Prescott. The 4th round pick has played well, but that was preseason. Let's see how he does in his first two starts... Bears could be licking their chops!

We didn't see much from our beloved team this preseason except injuries and lack luster play... that doesn't mean they can't. The Defense has improved.... while I'm still quite nervous about the CB's, the front 7 should be much better. Facing a new starter and 2 rookies in the first 3 games should light a fire under the pass rushers. Man I wish McPhee was healthy.

And added wrinkle is BOTH weeks 2 & 3 are prime time games! The world is watching you young kids... hope you're not too nervous! Should be interesting! Go Bears!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why it posted twice? Amazing writing? Lol...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do you delete a duplicate post? grrr.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we drop Week 1 at Houston. However, there is no doubt that Weeks 2, 3 and 4 are all winnable. vs PHI, at DAL and vs DET. I really don't know what to expect from the team performance wise, but there is a shot at 3-1. More likely 2-2... IMO.

We also have winnable games at home vs Jacksonville and Minnesota in the first half (pending how well Bradford performs)...

There's a chance we could get off to a decent start. We just need to stop losing guys to injury.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, heres Wentz, that once a decade quarterback that just gets it from game 1. Prescott has looked good as well. Guess there is something to finding talented quarterbacks in the draft.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a top 2 pick, perhaps. Prescott is 1-1 but agreed, he shows promise unlike say... Kevin White.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a top 2 pick, perhaps. Prescott is 1-1 but agreed, he shows promise unlike say... Kevin White.

Don`t get off the bandwagon quite yet..............

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Far too early to knock White. He's clearly raw, but lets see how he's playing come November/December before we start to lose the faith.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, heres Wentz, that once a decade quarterback that just gets it from game 1. Prescott has looked good as well. Guess there is something to finding talented quarterbacks in the draft.

WAAAAAYYYY too early to call Wentz a "once a decade QB". Plenty of QB's start of great early, only to plateau or decline once the league gets a body of film, and adjusts to them. Ryan Leaf played well in a 2-0 start as well... RGIII and Vince Young looked like world beaters out there in their rookie seasons.

Prescott has looked "so-so". Certainly not great. I'll be looking forward to watching one of his games in its entirety on Sunday night.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far too early to knock White. He's clearly raw, but lets see how he's playing come November/December before we start to lose the faith.
I have yet to see any one thing I can point to from White in season or pre, for instance, our first round pick this year has shown glimpses of great play with a sack, and some nice stops. Or Howard running, the few times he is looking much better than Langford (except for pass protection or so Mullins said today on radio). WhiTE need that "play" something I can point to.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White showed those hands that just go out and snatch a ball out of the air. He is just expecting to catch some in stride with a chance to run. Hoyer will get him in that position and as is extremely necessary, stop doubling Alshon each down.

All I meant with Wentz was that presence he has, he had full attention in the huddle, end of the game he was laughing and joking, but then put on the game face and called the play. That intangible was noticeable immediately. He must have the Russell Wilson edge to him since they both came up from nowhere and beat out solid competition.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until, if he ever puts on a Bear uniform, couldn't give a rats ass about Wentz. Edit: ok, only if I draft him in FF.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see any one thing I can point to from White in season or pre, for instance, our first round pick this year has shown glimpses of great play with a sack, and some nice stops. Or Howard running, the few times he is looking much better than Langford (except for pass protection or so Mullins said today on radio). WhiTE need that "play" something I can point to.

Wide receivers are different man. They don't always catch on right away. Jeffery had plenty of games where he was absolutely non-existent in his rookie year. He was far from being a stud. He had one big play in week 1 against Indy and that was really about it.

Two games into his career, and he has 7 catches, I believe. That's actually pretty solid, comparatively to how rookie WR's generally start out. He has a learning curve after coming from an offense where he was asked to run a very basic and limited route tree. This was expected.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would tend to agree with @NCChiFan about White.

I think I've seen enough of him to know that he may be average.
I could be wrong.
But my theory is that the "elite", the truly elite players, show themselves in their limited opportunities.

Maybe it isn't fair to compare him yet to guys like Anquan Boldin, or Megatron.
Guys who IMO established themselves immediately in their careers.
But he was drafted with that outlook. To fill that role.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be wrong.
But my theory is that the "elite", the truly elite players, show themselves in their limited opportunities.

Ya, but he also a rod put in his shin to hold it together last year. Differing circumstances when comparing him to other first rd WRs.

I'll give him more than two games.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be wrong.

There's many WR's who did not impress in the first few weeks of their career. Even their first full season. Again, Alshon Jeffery is one of them. Sammy Watkins is one of them. Brandon Marshall is one of them. Antonio Brown is one of them... Shall I go on, or do you get my point? lol

Put it this way, if he has two good games over the next few weeks. All of the sudden, we're sitting here going... "Man, he's only a month or so into his rookie year and he's already making a big impact!"

I'm not saying he's going to be great, or even good, btw. I just know that claiming you know what a player is all about two games into his career, be it good or bad. Is absolutely asinine.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting that this is the final analysis on White.
And I did mention that I may be wrong.

But for a guy who was drafted to be elite...
...starting your career hurt for a year, then having issue with route running, just sends the wrong message from my perspective.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAAAAAYYYY too early to call Wentz a "once a decade QB". Plenty of QB's start of great early, only to plateau or decline once the league gets a body of film, and adjusts to them. Ryan Leaf played well in a 2-0 start as well... RGIII and Vince Young looked like world beaters out there in their rookie seasons.

Prescott has looked "so-so". Certainly not great. I'll be looking forward to watching one of his games in its entirety on Sunday night.

Right, and Wentz has played against the two teams likely fighting for the #1 pick this year if early performance is any indication...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we may be in pretty good position to get one... LOL!!!

I don't know. This reminds me of last season. Remember when we were 0-3 and Jay was possibly going to miss further time? I remember every mock having us at #1 in the 2016 draft. Almost as if it was a foregone conclusion. Then, we reeled off two wins, which should have been 3 or 4 the way we handed away the Detroit and Minnesota games. By Thanksgiving evening we were firmly back in the playoff picture.

Now, will we make our way back to the playoff picture this year? I doubt it. However, as long as we don't accumulate many more injuries. I really don't think we're a 13-14 loss team.