• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Sign Jimmy Clausen

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on NBC that Palmer is having pectoral problems with his throwing shoulder.
Don't know how serious .
But Clausen seems like a good signing now.
Palmer would have been my bet for #2, if all were healthy .
But at this point, all bets are off.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on NBC that Palmer is having pectoral problems with his throwing shoulder.
Don't know how serious .
But Clausen seems like a good signing now.
Palmer would have been my bet for #2, if all were healthy .
But at this point, all bets are off.

Wow. Very interesting. Clausen may be our backup QB after all.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen is taking over. Throw a franchise tag on him.

:drink:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen is taking over. Throw a franchise tag on him.

:drink:

With that Av. You can visit this site as much as you want to.
Just don't think you make much sense. BUT WHAT THE HELL, WHO DOES.:suds:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jimmy Clausen is our BU QB when the season starts I say we trade him to Tampa right away for a 3rd

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,893.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id like to see Clausen land on his feet. hopefully he can be a decent backup for Chicago

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen is a competitive guy. Not the kind of guy Jay wants carrying his clipboard and his jock. we wait and see the body language of jay with his backup this year. If he talks to them like he did mccown it will work out. McCown knew his place. Anybody that wants to play is not a jay guy. McCown was just right, knew his place, happy to take a paycheck that beat bagging groceries. Team needs to plan for games without Cutler, its that simple, we know he will not stay clean all season and play every game. None of these backups give me any confidence, quarterback guru works with aged veterans. Dont think he has yet to build one from scratch.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Clausen I would work my butt off to be the best back up in the league for the next 10 years... Imagine the money you make for carrying a clip board.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Clausen I would work my butt off to be the best back up in the league for the next 10 years... Imagine the money you make for carrying a clip board.

Hell yeah. BU QBs make some decent coin.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clausen is a competitive guy. Not the kind of guy Jay wants carrying his clipboard and his jock. we wait and see the body language of jay with his backup this year. If he talks to them like he did mccown it will work out. McCown knew his place. Anybody that wants to play is not a jay guy. McCown was just right, knew his place, happy to take a paycheck that beat bagging groceries. Team needs to plan for games without Cutler, its that simple, we know he will not stay clean all season and play every game. None of these backups give me any confidence, quarterback guru works with aged veterans. Dont think he has yet to build one from scratch.

With the strides the offensive line has taken, I really don't think you make much sense. Sure, every team needs to plan for games without their starting QB. The Bears no more than anyone else though. None of Jay's injuries have come as a result of him being injury prone, they haven't been reoccurring injuries. The only one's your could argue would be the two concussions, because once you get one, you become more susceptible to others. However, no one would call either of those concussions cheap. His head got absolutely railed on both of those. Jay's injuries have been a result of him taking A LOT of hits, period. When you take a lot of hits to your body, you become more susceptible to injury. Jay never missed a start in college nor in the pros prior to 2010. Which is when the line really went south. That's not coincidence. He's still started 92% of the possible starts in his career too. Right up there with Brady, Manning, and other big name guys.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah. BU QBs make some decent coin.

Best job in sports.

Charlie Whitehurst had the best job in the world for the last five years or so. Became a multimillionaire and laid in the sun in San Diego. All for carrying a clipboard on the sidelines 16 Sunday's per year as a backup QB in the NFL. Maybe a couple of handoffs or kneel-downs in blowouts. Plus, if you do get in the game, there's no pressure. You can only succeed, as no one is really expecting much.

Sorgi as Manning's backup for a decade in Indy.

Talk about living the life. These guys all have it made.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best job in sports.

Charlie Whitehurst had the best job in the world for the last five years or so. Became a multimillionaire and laid in the sun in San Diego. All for carrying a clipboard on the sidelines 16 Sunday's per year as a backup QB in the NFL. Maybe a couple of handoffs or kneel-downs in blowouts. Plus, if you do get in the game, there's no pressure. You can only succeed, as no one is really expecting much.

Agreed, until they actually have to step on the field.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best job in sports.

Yep, those are 2 examples of the "Maytag repair men" of the NFL.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the strides the offensive line has taken, I really don't think you make much sense. Sure, every team needs to plan for games without their starting QB. The Bears no more than anyone else though. None of Jay's injuries have come as a result of him being injury prone, they haven't been reoccurring injuries. The only one's your could argue would be the two concussions, because once you get one, you become more susceptible to others. However, no one would call either of those concussions cheap. His head got absolutely railed on both of those. Jay's injuries have been a result of him taking A LOT of hits, period. When you take a lot of hits to your body, you become more susceptible to injury. Jay never missed a start in college nor in the pros prior to 2010. Which is when the line really went south. That's not coincidence. He's still started 92% of the possible starts in his career too. Right up there with Brady, Manning, and other big name guys.

Exactly. The injuries that have cost Cutler the most time really dont predispose him to future injuries. He is at no more risk for injury than any other well conditioned athlete that plays NFL QB.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

time will tell. Getting his ass kicked in a playoff game and hurting a pinky on the non throwing hand and he is out. Why? because he was under contract for the following year. The only reason he came back last year was to get this deal. If he was signed for the next season already, I have no doubt his groin injury would have kept him sidelined.

The only thing different with Jay is his cap hit. He is still gonna take hits, he is still gonna try to deliver hits when he runs with the ball, he will still blame his receivers for giving up or running the wrong route with each pick he throws. The bears know he is gonna sit out games or they wouldnt be looking to solidify the backup role.