• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears injury update

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears quarterback Jay Cutler remains week-to-week with a high ankle sprain and his status for next Monday night's game against the Cowboys is not yet known.

"We'll just see where he is," coach Marc Trestman said Monday. "I'm not sure where we are right now. He visited the doctor today and we'll know more Thursday or Friday. But we'll start with some limited work and see how he moves around, and we'll take it from there."

Jay Cutler has missed all or parts of the Bears' last six games with groin and ankle injuries. Trestman is unsure whether Cutler will be able to practice this week, telling reporters that he would know more in the next 24 hours after speaking with team doctors.

Cutler has missed the last three games after getting injured Nov. 10 in a loss to the Lions. He sat out one contest prior to that with a torn groin muscle he sustained in an Oct. 20 defeat to the Redskins.

Playing the last six games in place of Cutler, Josh McCown has completed 120 of 184 passes for 1,461 yards with nine touchdowns, one interception and a stellar 103.6 passer rating.

Linebacker Lance Briggs, who has missed the last five games with a fractured shoulder, also remains week-to-week. He, too, will be further evaluated as the week progresses. Because the Bears play next Monday night, they will return to practice on Thursday, one day later than usual.

Trestman said that he isn't sure whether Briggs will be able to work out with his teammates this week and will know more about the linebacker's status on Thursday.

After missing Sunday's game with injuries, safeties Major Wright (hamstring) and Anthony Walters (groin) also will be monitored throughout the week. Guard Kyle Long sprained his ankle against the Vikings, but finished the game and is expected to play versus the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be seeing McNown- just opinion

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who the Qb is but I tend to lean towards twists point of view a bit. If the offense just comes in and takes care of business, I feel they will score some points, maybe quite a few. The problem will be the defense. Even though Hatcher and Ware are back, and it looks like Lee and Mo as well, we should be better. Not sure how we will stop Jefferies, Marshall and Forte.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who the Qb is but I tend to lean towards twists point of view a bit. If the offense just comes in and takes care of business, I feel they will score some points, maybe quite a few. The problem will be the defense. Even though Hatcher and Ware are back, and it looks like Lee and Mo as well, we should be better. Not sure how we will stop Jefferies, Marshall and Forte.

Its going to be cold there, I heard it will be 12 degrees colder than the Giants game. Passing may be tough to do, so it may come down to the running game. With Lee back, maybe we can shore up the run defense. The Bears haven't been all that great against the run this season, so Murray needs to step it up and have a great game.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep Marshall out of the EZ I like our chances.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do too, but don't forget A. Jeffery has been playing very well so for this season. If they can shut down both receivers from getting into the endzone, I like their chances as well. Lee coming back should help the run defense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would run the ball 50 times against the Bears....= win

Our run D is putrid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOY....I AGREE, but it's Dallas, who knows
I would certainly pound the football with Murray and his under study, whoever that may be

Sadly I agree with the who knows part. Common sense and looking at Chicago's defensive #'s tells me I should sit Romo in my FF Playoffs this week. Watching this team tells me they still throw the ball a lot.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I agree with the who knows part. Common sense and looking at Chicago's defensive #'s tells me I should sit Romo in my FF Playoffs this week. Watching this team tells me they still throw the ball a lot.

low 20's with wind will do that

both teams should play 8 in the box and dare the other to throw the ball down the field

very interesting game and one that Dallas losses in most recent years, but something tells me this team is more resilient than all before them during the Romo era. They will battle you every play and that is so refreshing to see from a Dallas team.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy killer Cutler not playing!! Yes!!!

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That by itself wont be enough. Alshon Jeffrey is having a breakout year...and old friend Martellus Bennett has been productive as well. Yes it will be cold...might not matter with the bad defenses these teams sport. GL- should be a fun one...and of course no injuries.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That by itself wont be enough. Alshon Jeffrey is having a breakout year...and old friend Martellus Bennett has been productive as well. Yes it will be cold...might not matter with the bad defenses these teams sport. GL- should be a fun one...and of course no injuries.

I gave up on hoping for no injuries. It's at the point now where I am so certain that we will have an injury that I am almost relieved when it is one of our lesser players. So don't take it personal Cameron Lawrence if I am happy when I see "53" instead of "51" if you are on the ground writhing in pain...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cowboys chances. I think Romo throws it 40 times. Cowboys have the playmakers to abuse the bears devense. It is time to unleash hanna and escobar. The center of the field will be wide open. Romo is used to playing in bad weather. Throwing passes over the middle to murray will lead to big plays. I would also chopblock Ratliff at every opportunity.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cowboys chances. I think Romo throws it 40 times. Cowboys have the playmakers to abuse the bears devense. It is time to unleash hanna and escobar. The center of the field will be wide open. Romo is used to playing in bad weather. Throwing passes over the middle to murray will lead to big plays. I would also chopblock Ratliff at every opportunity.

Cowboys do have the playmakers to abuse the Bears defense, but the Bears have the equal playmakers to abuse the Cowboys defense

Unleash Hanna and Escobar? If that is our hope after a combined 16 receptions in 12 games we are in trouble.

Romo may be used to playing in bad weather, but he has won a total of 2 games in his career that started with the temperature under 32 degrees

I agree on Murray. I think Murray may have a bunch of catches and am concerned about Forte doing the same.

I think it is going to come down to who controls the line of scrimmage (not exactly going out on a limb I know). I hope we are in McCown's face all night long and am hoping that we keep Romo pretty clean and are able to run the ball as well. PAP in this weather should work very well for us if we can run the ball. Running the ball should also keep Dez from being doubled all night.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, now...be nice..lol. I get that he was a pain for you guys...hopefully he can show something the last part of the season. There may be a some wind to contend with...so that probably will hamper the passing game. Otherwise, gametime temp ~ 18-20 degrees. I still think both O's will move the ball pretty easily. IMO, it will probably come down to which defense can get those few additional stops.

~cheers!

ragman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Briggs or Cutler will play on Monday night.

The team with the best running attack will win, IMHO.

I sure hate losing Dunbar.

GO COWBOYS!!!