• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Game Notes

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still taking notes on the game and when I watched the game live I may have missed Kaepernick's most special throw of the night. It was the throw he made to Davis with 12:35 left in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 11. That throw was special.

Briggs shot through the A-gap untouched and almost immediately forced Kaepernick to get rid of the ball. Kaepernick hung in the pocket and changed his release point on the throw and zipped it over two defenders and put it RIGHT on the money to Davis. Only problem was Davis didn't get the first after bouncing off the hit by the safety. What a throw!

imo that was his most impressive throw.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug Farrar:

Myth that Kaepernick took advantage of Bears' eight in the box. First long throw, CHI played 2-deep nickel. Stepped up in pocket & delivered

What Kaepernick benefitted from was route combos. TE took the safety over the middle from Kyle Williams' side. One-on-one deep.

Niners make blitzing tough now. Smith is one of the best QBs vs. blitz because Harbaugh sets up hots vs. pressure.

And if you sell out interior LB blitzes (as Spags seems to like to do), you're susceptible to counters/traps 49ers like to run.

Best strategy to me is to identify first reads in coverage and clamp down. Keep your run spaces together & wait for a mistake.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Farrar:

Myth that Kaepernick took advantage of Bears' eight in the box. First long throw, CHI played 2-deep nickel. Stepped up in pocket & delivered

What Kaepernick benefitted from was route combos. TE took the safety over the middle from Kyle Williams' side. One-on-one deep.

Niners make blitzing tough now. Smith is one of the best QBs vs. blitz because Harbaugh sets up hots vs. pressure.

And if you sell out interior LB blitzes (as Spags seems to like to do), you're susceptible to counters/traps 49ers like to run.

Best strategy to me is to identify first reads in coverage and clamp down. Keep your run spaces together & wait for a mistake.

Not sure how Smith's being "one of the best QBs vs. blitz" is being measured, but Smith has nearly the highest sack to dropback ratio in the league, so if they are using the QBr, that could be the reason his QB #'s are high - because his blitz sack #'s are high as well.