• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Game Notes

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick on SVP and Russillo (Adnan Virk replacing SVP):

Colin Kaepernick - ESPN

And the one that's a must listen. Dilfer speaks on the Kaepernick situation. Love the guy. Makes some good points and points out some things to consider if you are one of many that's been quick to run with the Kaepernick stuff.

Trent Dilfer - ESPN

Thank you for posting that. Good interview with Dilfer.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it is entirely legal, but if Harbaugh really can't decide... he should have the medical staff say that Smith still isn't cleared from his concussion and give CK another game.

If CK rocks it then they let him keep the job, and if CK drops the ball they can go back to Smith without the media and everyone saying CK is a bust or whatever...

The legality of such a move would depend on contract language - but even if it were not illegal it would be unethical as hell.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if it is entirely legal, but if Harbaugh really can't decide... he should have the medical staff say that Smith still isn't cleared from his concussion and give CK another game.

If CK rocks it then they let him keep the job, and if CK drops the ball they can go back to Smith without the media and everyone saying CK is a bust or whatever...

I'm not in tune with exactly how the trainers and doctors operate in the NFL, but I'd be surprised if any person evaluating Smith would feel comfortable doing that. Are you saying Smith wouldn't be in on it? I don't think any competent medical professional would feel comfortable lying to an athlete because the head coach of the team he works for feels like it would make it easier for him. And if Smith was in on it, how would that make him feel? What if you'd have to turn back to Smith after going about it that way? Please come back at me with something if I'm off on something here?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in tune with exactly how the trainers and doctors operate in the NFL, but I'd be surprised if any person evaluating Smith would feel comfortable doing that. Are you saying Smith wouldn't be in on it? I don't think any competent medical professional would feel comfortable lying to an athlete because the head coach of the team he works for feels like it would make it easier for him. And if Smith was in on it, how would that make him feel? What if you'd have to turn back to Smith after going about it that way? Please come back at me with something if I'm off on something here?

No, I meant Smith would be in on it too. The deception would just be aimed at the media. Since they are the ones chopping at the bit to turn this into a shitstorm.

I was pretty sure the doctors wouldn't lie, but was wondering if Harbaugh can lie and keep him on the injury report. Or maybe just call it "precautionary measures" and let Smith rest another game since CK filled in nicely... just something to buy time and give CK a 2nd game.

Because, damn does the media go nuts when a team makes a switch but then goes back to the original starter... I was just thinking outloud if the 49ers could be a little untruthful about Smith's concussion just to avoid that circus if CK sunk and the 49ers had to go back to Smith.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my take is smith is gonna have headaches unless kap crashes and burns, which i don't see happening.