• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BE commish fired

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP_Top25 ‏ @AP_Top25

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Big East Conference Commissioner John Marinatto resigns.

I know it says resigned but he was forced out.

This is going to get interesting.................not a fan of going back the MWAC at all. Hope that isn't where this leads.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps a change will work

or it won't

certainly not sure at this point

perhaps he wasn't doing a good enough job in the television negotiations??

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scuttlebutt is the BE BB members were pissed claiming they had no say in how the expansion went.

Then there are those who say they don't want previous bad blood in negotiations with ESPN to carry over into the current talks.

Then there is the school X-Y and Z are leaving. Or school A_B_C left on his watch.

I dunno where the truth lies but it sounds like there is a big rift between BB and FB. Personally I wish the Big12 would invite us but it doesn't sound like that's any where near a possibility at this point.

I LOATHE the idea of having to crawl back to the MWaC. I'd almost rather go Indie at this point.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there is no way in hell we go back to a conference with those back stabbing scat eating choo choo staters.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scuttlebutt is the BE BB members were pissed claiming they had no say in how the expansion went.

Then there are those who say they don't want previous bad blood in negotiations with ESPN to carry over into the current talks.

Then there is the school X-Y and Z are leaving. Or school A_B_C left on his watch.

I dunno where the truth lies but it sounds like there is a big rift between BB and FB. Personally I wish the Big12 would invite us but it doesn't sound like that's any where near a possibility at this point.

I LOATHE the idea of having to crawl back to the MWaC. I'd almost rather go Indie at this point.

we gave the basketball schools Memphis and Temple, both of those teams suck for football.

It does sound like the basketball schools probably won't want us in for all sports.

the Big East just needs to last for a little longer so we can build up then we'll likely end up somewhere good.

and LOL 2 choo choo state

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Murphy ‏ @murphsturph

If football doesn't get at least 70 percent of revenue from new Big East TV deal, Boise State's exit fee was cut in half in original deal

hmm I'm sure he means 70% of what full members cuts are going to be.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*checks are watch*

Isn't it about time for Texas to start making a mess of things?

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has all happened before.................it will all happen again

220px-Cylon_Centurion.png