• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

baylor coach says Ohio st nearly didn't make playoff

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi El Texan, Briles is claiming an unknown source told him the vote was 8-4 but Bill Hancock the Committee guy said something very different. I assume you read the article but if not here's what Hancock said:

"All votes are taken confidentially, and about three dozen votes were taken every meeting. Teams are considered in groups no smaller than three. An 8-4 vote would not be possible under the committee's protocol."

If that's not a contradiction then at the very least, Briles and Hancock are not on the same page.

Horse shit. Complete horse shit. No one who is trying to come up with a top4 is only going to consider "groups of three.

"Hey. Turn in your vote for the top 3 in no particular order, then your next 3 in no particular order. We'll assign points and see who comes out top 4."

Complete rubbish.

Further, since it was pretty much going to be FSU Bama oregon as the top 3, ONLY using 'groups of three' wouldn't get you to a 'ranking' of those three either. How would you get a ranking order only considering 'three at a time'?

It's complete horse shit, and you should be able to see through that with about seven seconds of thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a tOSU fan by any means, but how do you argue they didn't belong after seeing what we all saw. Hands down they deserve that trophy. Bout the only argument any fan of a team on the outside looking in at this point is adding 4 more teams to the playoff mix in the future. As for now let the Nuts enjoy this, they earned it.

:suds:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a tOSU fan by any means, but how do you argue they didn't belong after seeing what we all saw. Hands down they deserve that trophy. Bout the only argument any fan of a team on the outside looking in at this point is adding 4 more teams to the playoff mix in the future. As for now let the Nuts enjoy this, they earned it.

:suds:

I think after seeing the playoffs, the only team that you could argue not belonging was FSU. I agree the undefeated defending champs deserve to be in it to defend their title, but I think everyone thought maybe FSU would turn it on come playoffs, and maybe the reason for all these close games was them toying around.

Think committee uses FSUs performance as a template in the future. That an undefeated defending champ isn't guaranteed a spot.

Norka!

High Dummies, Friends & Lovers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 764.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horse shit. Complete horse shit. No one who is trying to come up with a top4 is only going to consider "groups of three.

"Hey. Turn in your vote for the top 3 in no particular order, then your next 3 in no particular order. We'll assign points and see who comes out top 4."

Complete rubbish.

Further, since it was pretty much going to be FSU Bama oregon as the top 3, ONLY using 'groups of three' wouldn't get you to a 'ranking' of those three either. How would you get a ranking order only considering 'three at a time'?

It's complete horse shit, and you should be able to see through that with about seven seconds of thought.

Hi again ElTexan fair enough and I do see your case in the vote and I also wondered how a 12 member committee wouldn't have an 8-4 vote on any given issue... I'm just happy the vote was in favor of Ohio State and then the way the Buckeyes answered their critics, just beyond amazing.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Gold, Baylor might have an even tougher time next season for all the same reasons that hurt them last season.

And the idea that Briles is selling something that doesn't exist, he uses the same concept to run his offense, fresh legs and timing slant patterns, lull the opposing D to sleep with bubble screens then fake 'em out and go long for a score.

This type of offense relies on defensive breakdowns and confusion and finally exhaustion, it's legit but it's kind of a 'smoke and mirrors' situation. And finally defenses are figuring out how to better defend these type of offenses.

Baylor's offense gets a lot of attention but it's their own improvement on D that's making them so much more competitive over the last several years.

Selling things that don't exist, another big advantage Baylor and the Big XII created was the extra (third) bye week, setting up their last conference game the same weekend that the Conference Championships are played. The extra week of rest is huge but when Bowlsby tries to compare Baylor's last game of the regular season (a win over K-St.) with the Big Ten Championship game... the Committee wasn't buying it.

Huh? BU vs KSU was a game between two top ten teams. The B1G CCG was not. The BIG CCG was the lesser of the two. Once again, BU not being a blue blood fucked them over. That and their weak as fuck OOC.....

Norka!

High Dummies, Friends & Lovers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 764.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? BU vs KSU was a game between two top ten teams. The B1G CCG was not. The BIG CCG was the lesser of the two. Once again, BU not being a blue blood fucked them over. That and their weak as fuck OOC.....

Morning TexasExes, Bowlsby said pretty much the same thing except he defended Baylor's non conf schedule, no shit! Again though, words can't describe the greatness I feel for what Ohio State accomplished this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you lost to Michigan St your team was not good enough. Winer. :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sure they did. Forced 4 turnovers and at one point in second half the game was z21-20 and Oregon had all momentum

Forced lol. You were given and still got blown out.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi again ElTexan fair enough and I do see your case in the vote and I also wondered how a 12 member committee wouldn't have an 8-4 vote on any given issue... I'm just happy the vote was in favor of Ohio State and then the way the Buckeyes answered their critics, just beyond amazing.

Truly. They left no doubt or room for critics.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very heartwarming to see the Lil' brother Texas fans stepping up to defend the honor of their 2-time conference Champion Baylor Bears, but you guys don't need to. Ohio State won it on the field, fair-n-square, Baylor will be back to defend their Big Xii crown next season, and possibly get into the playoffs to prove all the hater-doubters wrong.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the people who cry about the SEC the most are the biggest conference homers themselves.