• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BayLOLer

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried every way to give it to Okie State. The Cowboys are realing from the Smart debacle.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolly....Good to see you back. How'd the work trip go?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolly....Good to see you back. How'd the work trip go?

Exhausting. 84 hours is a lot in on week. Plus everybody's give-a-fuck was broke so I ended up having to run around a lot more than usual. Plus the weather was... interesting.

They forecasted 3-5" the night I arrived. result: Nothing.
They updated the forecast to 3-5" the following afternoon. result: nothing.
The following night: 6"
Two nights ago (forecast of 0 percip) 2" out of the blue.

Moral of the story ladies: Don't date weathermen. If they say they got 6" they're fucking lying.

And unfortunately I missed a lot of good basketball while I was gone. I was following both Syracuse games on gametracker. Both times, a couple seconds left with Cuse down. No updates... no updates.. no updates. Final. Syracuse wins. wait... what? UK/UF looked like it was pretty entertaining. Zona lost to ASU right? And Duke/UNC was postponed. I think that covered all of the stuff I was interested in.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral of the story ladies: Don't date weathermen. If they say they got 6" they're fucking lying.

:lol: That's not limited to just weathermen.

And unfortunately I missed a lot of good basketball while I was gone. I was following both Syracuse games on gametracker. Both times, a couple seconds left with Cuse down. No updates... no updates.. no updates. Final. Syracuse wins. wait... what? UK/UF looked like it was pretty entertaining. Zona lost to ASU right? And Duke/UNC was postponed. I think that covered all of the stuff I was interested in.

It's been a wicked week of bball. Cuse barely gets by everyone but man the last two games at under 10 seconds I was resigned to SU's first loss and they pull it out their ass. Luck is many times the combination of preparation, hard work and timing...but man....it's been over the top. SU needs Keita back or they'll not get past the S16.

Yes ASU caught a break with an injured AZ. There's an ASU fan that went bonkers. You should have been around for that one.

I didn't see the UK/UF game but from what I gathered, UF was just relentless and UK ... even at home couldn't sustain the second half. I'm not sure what to make of it...is it one game or are the freshmen unable to grow up. But the UF fans are on a roll.

Due to postponing the Duke/UNC game, it really put Duke on a tuff path. They have 5 games in something like 10 days...with SU and UNC packed in the middle. That's kinda mesed up.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more impressive things to me was watching Wisky abuse Michigan in E Lansing. It wasn't even a good game, Wisconsin was just a much better team that night.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the more impressive things to me was watching Wisky abuse Michigan in E Lansing. It wasn't even a good game, Wisconsin was just a much better team that night.

Ann Arbor bro!!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a replay of the end of the ASU game. Zona got hosed on the no-call hanging on the rim. Did the Pac-12 hire all the shitty refs from the last few seasons of the Big East?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a replay of the end of the ASU game. Zona got hosed on the no-call hanging on the rim. Did the Pac-12 hire all the shitty refs from the last few seasons of the Big East?

nope they are the same shitty refs we have always had. remember sean miller's "he touched the ball" rant last year because of the head hunting our head of refs put out for him which caused us to lose to UCLA?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pac did issue a statement saying that was a blown call. The report went on to indicate storming the court had no impact, but hanging...well...doing pull up's on the rim should have been called.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanging on the rim can be allowed in certain "player safety" related instances. There is absolutely no circumstance where you can do a chin-up on the rim.

That really might be the most obviously blown call I've ever seen in basketball. I really don't understand how that get's missed.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanging on the rim can be allowed in certain "player safety" related instances. There is absolutely no circumstance where you can do a chin-up on the rim.

That really might be the most obviously blown call I've ever seen in basketball. I really don't understand how that get's missed.

Once the officials got a look at the crowd storming the court.....they knew if they make that call, they are as good as dead.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the officials got a look at the crowd storming the court.....they knew if they make that call, they are as good as dead.

Bullshit. Get that shit reigned in. You get a big win and want to celebrate? That's fine. You want to run on the court when the game isn't over? Fuck you. You have the right to remain silent. PS Your team just forfeited the game. That'll knock that shit off in a hurry.

If they're going to leave things the way they are, then there is no reason for the crown not to run out on the floor during a close game if the home team has the lead. Up with 5 seconds left? Fuck it. Let's dare the refs to call anything.

That shit has to stop.

It seems like everything went to shit in the Pac the moment they let CU in the conference. ;)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Get that shit reigned in. You get a big win and want to celebrate? That's fine. You want to run on the court when the game isn't over? Fuck you. You have the right to remain silent. PS Your team just forfeited the game. That'll knock that shit off in a hurry.

If they're going to leave things the way they are, then there is no reason for the crown not to run out on the floor during a close game if the home team has the lead. Up with 5 seconds left? Fuck it. Let's dare the refs to call anything.

That shit has to stop.

It seems like everything went to shit in the Pac the moment they let CU in the conference. ;)

Agreed. The Pac-12 basically said "Anytime there is a stoppage in play, feel free to rush onto the court, guys"

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere today that the Pac 12 officials explained that if AZ had forced their hand by trying to inbound the ball, they would have called the tech. But becasue AZ didn't attempt to inbound the ball, that allowed the officials to go straight to the monitor without the delay of game.

What a lame explanation.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is.....

One last postscript from the crazy ending to the Arizona-Arizona State game last Friday night. The Pac-12 issued a statement Monday morning acknowledging that Sun Devils guard Jahii Carson should have been assessed a technical foul for hanging on the rim. The league added that the refs were right in not calling a T on ASU after its players left the bench because they had signaled timeout so they could conduct a monitor review.

However, I'm told if an Arizona player had picked up the ball on the baseline and attempted to inbound it, the refs would have had no choice but to call a technical foul on the Arizona State bench. Because no one did that, they were able to avoid that by maintaining that play was not interrupted.

In the future, I'd recommend that coaches teach their players that in the chaos of an end-game situation, they should at least pick up the ball and face the court as if they are trying to inbound the ball. That way they will force the refs' hands.

Link: Defining and deciding the coach of the year race, more Hoop Thoughts - College Basketball - Seth Davis - SI.com