• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Batting the AZ Snakes for a .500 pace

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeble attempt at humor, but hey...........

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good going there. Good as any of the others. :thumb: I expect us to do well, but this last series won't be easy to be forgotten of how bad they can be.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I frigging misspelled "battling" on top of the feeble attempt.

Let's hope the Rangers don't notice and win in spite of it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Fraley ‏@gfraley 5m5 minutes ago

Shameless self-promotion: Remember that Jurickson Profar guy?http://SportsHoopla.com/1glDAWB

Kinda bleak article, actually
I wouldn't expect anything different from Fraley though. He usually has a bleak outlook on any prospect until the prospect proves himself. That is just the way Gerry is. I asked him a question about Profar last week in his chat session and instead of answering my question he took the opportunity to say Profar is all but forgotten.

I actually think Profar is going to be just fine once he shakes all of the dust and cobwebs off. That is, if his shoulder is actually fixed this time. He was once thought by many to be the best prospect in all of baseball. Even Gallo hasn't attained that status as of yet.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Rangers GM Jon Daniels doesn't regret experimenting with Neftali Feliz as a starter | Dallas Morning News

On if he regrets experimenting with Feliz as a starter:

Daniels: “I don’t. And I’ve thought a lot about that question over the years. I’m of the mindset that the ligament was going to blow whether he was pitching the ninth inning, starting the first inning or throwing the middle. I don’t think starting was the reason he got hurt, I think that was likely going to happen regardless. I regret that he got hurt, don’t get me wrong, I’m not being callous about that. But I don’t buy into the idea that if he was closing, he would have an injury-free career.”

It rally wasn't an "experiment" since about 90% of his minor league career before coming to the big leagues was spent as a starting pitcher. He did start 53 games in the minors before the Rangers brought him up.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Rangers GM Jon Daniels doesn't regret experimenting with Neftali Feliz as a starter | Dallas Morning News

On if he regrets experimenting with Feliz as a starter:

Daniels: “I don’t. And I’ve thought a lot about that question over the years. I’m of the mindset that the ligament was going to blow whether he was pitching the ninth inning, starting the first inning or throwing the middle. I don’t think starting was the reason he got hurt, I think that was likely going to happen regardless. I regret that he got hurt, don’t get me wrong, I’m not being callous about that. But I don’t buy into the idea that if he was closing, he would have an injury-free career.”

It rally wasn't an "experiment" since about 90% of his minor league career before coming to the big leagues was spent as a starting pitcher. He did start 53 games in the minors before the Rangers brought him up.
Plus he had actually missed some time in previous years with arm issues. I guess it was just a matter of time which is surprising because his delivery seemed so effortless.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rosenthal is pretty plugged in with the Rangers' front office, and if he's talking about Choo potentially being moved this offseason, it isn't unreasonable to believe that that is something the Rangers will at least be looking at."

I beg to differ with this statement. Rosenthal has been wrong over and over and over again about potential Rangers' moves over the past few years. That being said, he is probably correct in assuming the Rangers would look to move these two. This is a good guess on Rosenthal's part. I think those two as well as Gallardo could be on the trading block depending on how the next 2-3 weeks go for the team. The statement about Rosenthal being "pretty plugged in with the Rangers' front office" is crazy talk though in my opinion. The only media guy who is plugged in appears to be T R Sullivan. Even the rest of the local guys often have no clue as to what the Rangers are about to do.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rosenthal is pretty plugged in with the Rangers' front office, and if he's talking about Choo potentially being moved this offseason, it isn't unreasonable to believe that that is something the Rangers will at least be looking at."

I beg to differ with this statement. Rosenthal has been wrong over and over and over again about potential Rangers' moves over the past few years. That being said, he is probably correct in assuming the Rangers would look to move these two. This is a good guess on Rosenthal's part. I think those two as well as Gallardo could be on the trading block depending on how the next 2-3 weeks go for the team. The statement about Rosenthal being "pretty plugged in with the Rangers' front office" is crazy talk though in my opinion. The only media guy who is plugged in appears to be T R Sullivan. Even the rest of the local guys often have no clue as to what the Rangers are about to do.

You have any idea of what is going on with Norm Hitzges? He was supposed to be back on the air - at least I thought so - on Mon and now when the the Musers are introducing his show, they say, "filling in for Norm," not filling in for the vacationing Norm, which is the norm.

Forgive the pun.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Anyone who thinks they are 'plugged in' to any team ... but especially TEX ... is self promoting. T.R. is a company guy as the MLB.com reporter. I don't ever remember T.R. speculating and mainly reports what the team puts out in the way of releases.

As for Rosenthal on Wandy and Choo ... and what factors play in moving either. Anyone on this board could have written that piece ... and anyone with half a baseball brain could as well without being 'pretty plugged in".

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only that but this statement got me - "But with Matt Harrison back in the rotation and starting for Texas on Wednesday, Martin Perez returning after the All Star Break, Derek Holland on track to return in early August, and Nick Martinez and Chi Chi Gonzalez currently in AAA, the Rangers may feel like Wandy is expendable, particularly if they continue their recent slide." First of all Wandy is expendable because his magic is wearing off and second all these pitcher that Rosenthal rattled off as we know are not givens to be in the starting rotation or be at the top of their game.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Harrison's start got pushed back a day... thought he was starting tonight. Not expecting much but looking forward to see how he does.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Harrison's start got pushed back a day... thought he was starting tonight. Not expecting much but looking forward to see how he does.
My fingers will be crossed and hoping nothing but the best for that young man. For his sake not necessarily the team's sake.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have any idea of what is going on with Norm Hitzges? He was supposed to be back on the air - at least I thought so - on Mon and now when the the Musers are introducing his show, they say, "filling in for Norm," not filling in for the vacationing Norm, which is the norm.

Forgive the pun.
Not sure, but he is probably sick. It seems like 2 or 3 times a year Norm comes down with something that makes him miss several days at a time. I hope he is okay and gets back soon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fingers will be crossed and hoping nothing but the best for that young man. For his sake not necessarily the team's sake.
If he pitches reasonably well tomorrow night it will be the highlight of the season for me. In fact as long as he doesn't suffer any injury setbacks it pretty much will be the highlight of the year.