• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baseball in London 2019?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

It stuck in the Philippines though. They paid my Grandpa to go back over and play more once the shooting ended. Go there. Get hookers.

I dislike Rob Manfred.
Really? That was a thing????

Wow, I owe @Cyder a major apology. Here I thought that card of this Grandpa playing for the Cebu Dolphins was bullshit. In my defense the stats on the back were not baseball oriented but the number of Philippinas he nailed.

Learn somethin' new everyday

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, I owe @Cyder a major apology. Here I thought that card of this Grandpa playing for the Cebu Dolphins was bullshit. In my defense the stats on the back were not baseball oriented but the number of Philippinas he nailed.

He actually played for the Manila Savory Carp, get your damn stories straight

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that my Gramps is gone, I get details from Grandma as she vents.

His girlfriend over there was just as hot as he said she was. (He wasn't married yet.). Not sure where Grandma found the picture, but she has upped her bitching since the discovery.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the confederation of european baseball has been around since the 50's.

Home | CEB

They tried to air the world series over there in the mid-80s. No one watched, so they stopped.

The limeys don't understand why a bunch of grown men are playing "rounders" is how it was put to me.

Now the NFL, they love.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to air the world series over there in the mid-80s. No one watched, so they stopped.

The limeys don't understand why a bunch of grown men are playing "rounders" is how it was put to me.

Now the NFL, they love.
yeah, the nfl has legit legs in europe. the World League was well received even back then. we may eventually see a north american champ and an "international champ" play in the Super Bowl.

baseball is there. its just not a lot of people care.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the nfl has legit legs in europe. the World League was well received even back then. we may eventually see a north american champ and an "international champ" play in the Super Bowl.

baseball is there. its just not a lot of people care.

In England, it's beyond not caring. They see it as ridiculous.

Another reason to dislike limeys IMO.

:heh:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In England, it's beyond not caring. They see it as ridiculous.

Another reason to dislike limeys IMO.

:heh:
London baseball sounds exciting "I'll have some fish and chips....bangers and mash....some Shepherd's pie and throw in some black pudding.....also some piss warm beer"

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is equal to if the Brits were to send a national cricket team over here.
I have watched a little cricket at a park where some Pakistanis were playing it. WIthout context, it looks really stupid and even with context, I could not have given more of a shit about who was winning or if these players were any good or if they have any kind of league.
Baseball in London serves zero purpose for promoting the sport. It's like trying to convince Cubanos in Miami thatt soccer is a thing just because they play it in "Latin America."