• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barry needs to cancel the No. Iowa game next season

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know, UNI will give you a better game than UTEP. Trust me on this one.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Alabama vs. Wisconsin sir. You are in luck to, since we are playing Big Ten opponents more often now.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that makes OOC scheduling so tough is that it is done so far in advance so unless you schedule a huge dog (even then it's not guaranteed) you have no real idea if the above average good team will actually be still above average or shitty in 10 years.

I would like to see conferences form like little alliances where say you have a game set up that the previous years #1 teams in each of the two conferences that have a OOC game. You can set it up every two years, wouldn't be as dynamic, but better than scheduling 10 years out like we do it now.

So say we had an OOC agreement with the SEC for two years......you do a home and home for the next two years based on the standings of the two conferences from this season.

#1 vs #1
#2 vs #2
#3 vs #3
etc, etc.....

Obviously there are some flaws because that assumes all conferences would have the same number of teams or maybe you just make a deal with the top 8 teams in the conferences to square off.

Set it up for like the last week before conference games set and allow the individual schools to still schedule the other OOC games like they do now.

You could set it up for the conferences to rotate through each other every so often, and you would always have some top OOC games.

Just throwing some thoughts out there.....

Oh, and so not to be called some Husker troll, the Badgers are the greatest college football team evar!!!!

I like this idea and think that it would generate a lot of interest. Set it up like the B1G/ACC Challenge and do it on one weekend. The day would start and end with every one talking about the two conferences and nothing else. Plus, you know that there is some money there. ESPN will be greedy so they can cherry pick the three games that they want to air nationally at 230p, 6p (on ESPN) and 7p (on ABC). Maybe they could take what is seen as the top game and make that a neutral site game in Kansas City.

edit to add - Recruits would love it.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Alabama vs. Wisconsin sir. You are in luck to, since we are playing Big Ten opponents more often now.

I too would like to see that.

And as Penn State is demonstrating this season, losing to you would have no bearing on the Big Ten conference race.

I don't see the downside to games like that. It's huge for national exposure. A win would catapult us in the rankings, and a loss doesn't hurt us in the conference. If we have a good enough team to be thinking national championship, then we'd win. If we don't, then we're better off getting tested early so that we're less likely to blow close games on the road like the last two weeks.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, a Big Ten vs. SEC challenge weekend would be fucking tits.

Only problem is they've got too many teams now, so it would have to be arranged so that they're not just "benching" Kentucky and Vanderbilt and killing us every year by matching up Georgia against Indiana or something.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G vs SEC would be neat. We kind of already have that going in the bowls. I'd like to see these games take place in October or November, however. A little break from conference action.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G v Big 12

Battle of the Plains

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G v Big 12

Battle of the Plains

Eh. Most of the Big Ten isn't really on "the Plains", just Iowa and Nebraska.

Big Ten vs. SEC is a more logical, traditional matchup. Just look at the bowl tie-ins for both. They are rival conferences, North vs. South, lots of transplants from cities in the Great Lakes region down in Atlanta, Florida, etc.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of B1G transplants all over the country. I'd argue that there's more of them in Pac 12 country.

Personally, I'd rather keep the tradition going with the Pac 12 anyway. The two conferences are closer in point of view, and it's a dry heat out there. If we play the SEC every year, I want it to be November, and you know they won't agree to that. Hell, we probably wouldn't even agree to that. Hell, they probably wouldn't agree to come north for games no matter which month it is.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we push back the VaTech home and home again I'm gonna flip shit...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. UNI is an FCS program, that murders us in the computers.

Its actually even less of a reason to play UNI. Hell 2 years ago Iowa needed 2 ( thats right 2!) blocked FG's at the end of the game to beat UNI. That Iowa team only ended 11-2 and won the Orange Bowl. No point in ever playing an FCS team, especially an FCS team that is really freaking good.