• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Banker/Stewart GONE!!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 pages in and no one has mentioned CARL

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need MIKE up on our banner.

I think I gained more respect for him from this move than anything else he's done so far. He's not here on some sad farewell tour. He's got his mind on one thing.

I mean he told a guy he's worked with since 1993 to kick rocks. That's cold blooded. Cannot have been easy at all.

Really should have done it sooner.

Did he actually need two years here to figure out where Banker's deficiencies lied?

I think it's inherently an admission of a mistake. They wanted Banker's head on a pike in Corvallis for years. I checked reddit and OSU fans are actually a little pissed off Mike did something for us he never did for them.

Read too. They hated him.

Sounded eerie the way they described it. Banker can stop pro style attacks (USC) all day, but spread teams (Oregon) would rip him to shreds.

Last edited:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think about what would make sense though......started searching the webs for Defensive units who have been consistently good over the past 3 years or who have improved each of the last 3 years. Then look at the program itself. We aren't stealing a DC from a top tier program, so take San Diego State for example.

Top 10 Defenses the past 2 seasons. Top 15 the season before that.

I don't even know who runs their D, but that's an example of a smaller program who is doing it up right on D. I'd like to think bringing a guy from a sicheation like that and moving him up would be what we'd want.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why this waited until yesterday to come out, maybe that's just the way it worked out but we'll be sending our coaches out tomorrow when the dead period is over without a DC on the staff, both JP and DW have shoes yet to fill with roughly 2 weeks to do it in

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if our AD had anything to do with this? If not, kudos to MR for having the after-sight in seeing how bad the Defense was. Gosh, I have been in a bubble. I just found out the news today....Jeebus.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked bad against good teams, but i think the move had more to do with crooting
We looked bad against good teams because we had no D line and linebackers that could change directions about as well as the Titanic. Even with that, we had a better defense statistically than Bo's last D (by about 30 spots), and I'd argue his last team had significantly more talent.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm saying is that I agree with you. This is not about on the field performance, and I would imagine the new guy we bring in will be solid because you don't make a move like this unless you have something clearly better lined up.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when are we gonna fire Reggie Davis, because he is on the verge of screwing up a long line of elite RB's at Nebraska over the last decade.

Weak link. Can't recruit. Low energy.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when are we gonna fire Reggie Davis, because he is on the verge of screwing up a long line of elite RB's at Nebraska over the last decade.

Weak link. Can't recruit. Low energy.
Can we please wait at least a week before demanding someone else get fired?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Jackson, Roy Helu, Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah... Then radio silence.

Tre Bryant better be the damn truth, because Ozigbo ain't bringin' us to the promise land.