• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Badger Basketball

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple observations...

Something is definitely wrong with Taylor...he was hobbling around big time in the second half on Saturday.

Our defense is 10x what it was last year...I think this proves that Timmy J was the LVP last year haha.

Brust needs to continue to stay aggressive, and not just with 3s...he should be able to get into the lane consistently now with everyone running at him expecting the three. We desperately need some penetration with Taylor struggling like he is.

I really like the toughness and athleticism on the frontline. Bruiser needs to just finish some god damn layups haha.

Lastly...we need to find a way to get to the FT line more often against good teams. Either work the ball inside more or get into the damn lane with the dribble.

All in all we're looking a lot better than I thought we would.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that's rough for Taylor, but it's early in the season. We'll start getting to the line when he can get back to creating things that are difficult to stop.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an ass kicking you handed us last night, thank you. Thank you for welcoming us into the B1G not once but twice.

P.S. Bo Ryan looks like Jon Voight

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome!!!

And holy shit I never thought about that, he does kind of look like Jon Voight.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also cheats on his wife. But that's not really news in this day in age

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also cheats on his wife. But that's not really news in this day in age

I always suspected, because I know people who have been around him off the court and he's a big flirt, but I'd love to know how you have facts or why you felt the need to bring it up.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, John Leur with 19 off the bench against the Bulls tonight. How about that.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked how this year we suddenly become one of the best teams in the country on the road and very average at the KC...not too often that we win @ Mackey, the barn and Illinois all in one year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked how this year we suddenly become one of the best teams in the country on the road and very average at the KC...not too often that we win @ Mackey, the barn and Illinois all in one year.

Well, to be fair, the Marquette and Iowa losses were when the band and most of our fans were watching the football team. Our only two true home losses were against Michigan State and Ohio State, the clear top two teams in the B1G, and both were close. I'm not overly concerned with that.

If anything, I think it is awesome that we are winning on the road. In the past, I think that our team has grown too reliant on the kind Kohl Center rims and allowed offense to carry us to victory. This year, we are winning by suffocating defense, and that translattes much better to other arenas. The hope is that it will transfer to the tourney, and Bo can finally get his Final Four. With the right draw, I could definitely see it happening.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Virginia doing this year? Word around Wisconsin is that when Bo retires, Tony Bennett is all but official as the man to take over. He's from Wisconsin and played for his dad at UWGB. He was also on Bo's staff until Dick came out of retirement to take over Washington State.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Virginia doing this year? Word around Wisconsin is that when Bo retires, Tony Bennett is all but official as the man to take over. He's from Wisconsin and played for his dad at UWGB. He was also on Bo's staff until Dick came out of retirement to take over Washington State.

They've won every game against unelite teams, and lost to every elite team. They're a tourney lock, but they aren't exceptionally talented and won't make a deep tourney run.

I'm also curious as to what your sources are. I've always thought that Rob Jeter was the heavy favorite to get the job. He's a Bo disciple, is charismatic, coaches in the UW system (they really like this), and is black (which, like it or not, is a definite plus in the coaching search). Behind him, I thought Bennett, Howard Moore (if he can complete the tough rebuilding job at UIC), and Madison native Shaka Smart were the other likely candidates. Out of those, Bennett is the only one I can see turning down the Badgers. When Syracuse and Pitt come aboard, the ACC will once again be the best basketball conference, and Virginia has the academic and athletic prestige to compete there.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd say we would probably go hard after Bennett and Smart once Bo retires...

Changing topics a bit, I'm really excited about this team in the next two years with Dekker and Koenig coming in...Dekker could really be great here, hopefully Bo isn't too stubborn and gets him on the court ASAP, because god knows we need someone that can actually create their own shot.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bo will let a guy play if he is an obvious talent. He tried to get Ryan Evans out there as much as he could early on. If Dekker is going to be a force, Bo will play him.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, JT and company got their best win of the year today in Columbus. Their defense was awesome, they shot fairly well, but most importantly, they kept passing it to the open man. If there is a pattern in the tournament year after year, it is that the hot team wins. Hopefully, this can be a springboard to a great end of the year run.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome awesome awesome win today...I wish I could have watched it though...work sucks