• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad rule screwed Falcons

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can pin the loss on this rule even though blowing a big lead should be the focus.

After the "called" delay of game against DET (replays on the Fox highlight show showed that he got the snap off in time) ATL did not the the benefit of the 10 sec run off (which would've ended the game) because of the dead ball flag which stopped the clock on the previous play.

Why Nolan went into a prevent DEF when DET only needed a FG is another topic, but ATL didn't deserve to lose that game imo.

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserves got nothing to do with it.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I was annoyed, but we also got lucky when they didn't call pass interference on the two-point conversion attempt by Detroit. The Falcons did everything wrong in the second half. We deserved that loss. This season's is yet another Mike Smith train wreck.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deserves got nothing to do with it.

ATL played well enough to lose in the 2nd half...no doubt. Deserved might not be the right word.

My point here is by rule a team with no timeouts remaining should not be able to commit a dead ball penalty that can't be refused and get off another play without some time running off the clock regardless of what happened on the previous play...stupid rule.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I was annoyed, but we also got lucky when they didn't call pass interference on the two-point conversion attempt by Detroit. The Falcons did everything wrong in the second half. We deserved that loss. This season's is yet another Mike Smith train wreck.

By the play on the field...yes, they did...but my beef is not really about the outcome. But about a dumb rule rewarding a team with no timeouts that committed a dead ball penalty another play without some time running off the clock.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the play on the field...yes, they did...but my beef is not really about the outcome. But about a dumb rule rewarding a team with no timeouts that committed a dead ball penalty another play without some time running off the clock.

Yeah, that annoys me too. It basically gave Detroit a free time out.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl96, as much as you like to be a steelers fan....you are a much more devout falcons fan.....welcome to the black hole

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl96, as much as you like to be a steelers fan....you are a much more devout falcons fan.....welcome to the black hole

LOL...not sure about "much more", but 40+ years rooting for the Steelers...now 18+ for the Falcons...what I truly am is an NFL diehard so hard to ignore the Falcons when I live here I suppose. When the Steelers visit the Dome this year, I'll put my Falcon bias aside for 3 hours.