• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad News?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh......

I thought about it for a second after I heard the announcement.......and then realized within 1 minute that I don't even care.

2 players that I never knew and never will. 2 players that we would only be able to speculate if they would have made a difference.

I'm glad it wasn't someone we desperately needed this upcoming season. Huskerz fer fucking Champz. Bo fer fucking COY

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh......

I thought about it for a second after I heard the announcement.......and then realized within 1 minute that I don't even care.

2 players that I never knew and never will. 2 players that we would only be able to speculate if they would have made a difference.

I'm glad it wasn't someone we desperately needed this upcoming season. Huskerz fer fucking Champz. Bo fer fucking COY

Diamonds in the Rough?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, so the two blue chip recruits are here to stay and the diamonds in the rough are gone.

David Santos - Yahoo! Sports

Jonathan Rose - Yahoo! Sports

Compare those with the scout ratings RA posted about suttles and brown.

There's more space for you, Peyton Newell!! More space for you, Abu Lamin!!!

Brown looked slow and sluggish in spring practice according to Benning. So there's that.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we have opened up schollies because we're gonna be attracting big time recruits when we go to the Natty this year. :D

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I feel bad about suttles. He sounded like such a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. Overcame a lot to get here and then decided to smash a liquor bottle over a starting linebackers head.

Bye bye.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rumors were true?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is... to be honest... losing Suttles doesn't hurt too bad, just fill his spot in this year's class, he wasn't going to contribute in 2013 anyway. Thomas Brown was the #2 Buck on the team, so now it looks like a True Freshmen will need to take that role, which might be fine. Afalava was starting near the end of spring anyway. For 2013, not a huge loss, good thing it happened now, can recover. Would be worse if it were a DT and a underclassmen at corner IMO.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda curious to know what the fight was about that bottles had to be used... And why bday boy got hit:noidea:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is... to be honest... losing Suttles doesn't hurt too bad, just fill his spot in this year's class, he wasn't going to contribute in 2013 anyway. Thomas Brown was the #2 Buck on the team, so now it looks like a True Freshmen will need to take that role, which might be fine. Afalava was starting near the end of spring anyway. For 2013, not a huge loss, good thing it happened now, can recover. Would be worse if it were a DT and a underclassmen at corner IMO.

Yep so we lost depth at a thin position and lost it at a presumably deep position.

I can't lie and say I didn't think Brown wouldn't be on the field and at least make a few plays, but the young guys behind him have the same, if not better credentials coming out of HS than him.

HUGE fan of Jared Afalava. Big upside with that kid.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Brown didn't show out in the spring. He looked slow and out of shape. On the flip side people who saw practice were buzzing about Afalava.

We're gonna have to come up with a damn nickname for Jared, because that kids name is a mouthful and too annoying to type.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Brown didn't show out in the spring. He looked slow and out of shape. On the flip side people who saw practice were buzzing about Afalava.

We're gonna have to come up with a damn nickname for Jared, because that kids name is a mouthful and too annoying to type.

Yeah, he's a missile, dude can bring it. Very excited to see what he can do in 2013. The loss of Brown means getting Gregory up to speed is even more important. Brown wowed with athleticism last fall but really let it go int he off season. Sad too, because he had a ton of potential. Way too early to tell on Suttles.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda curious to know what the fight was about that bottles had to be used... And why bday boy got hit:noidea:

Gates were involved.......

You don't want to know anymore than that, trust me. It was a digusting ordeal

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for that blogger not knowing shit. But then again if Brasky doesn't know something then it doesn't exist.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean in the scope of things... Damon Benning was just an average RB who was just lucky to be running behind the pipeline when they were still the real pipeline. He'll tell you that himself. Like the guy a lot, and he was a good player. Very articulate, but gets carried away in hyperbole waaaaaaaaay too often. He'd be perfect for a fox broadcast. Oh wait...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong when I said initially that he was "just an average RB". Corrected myself. He was a "good" RB for sure.