• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad couple of weeks to be a Sooner

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay the past couple of weeks have really sucked. I'm glad to get the season started but we can't seem to catch a break. Let me see if I can break it down.

NFL

1. Sam gets hurt again!
2. Johnson suspended for violating performance enhancing drug rules.
3. Stephenson suspended for violating performance enhancing drug rules.

NCAA

1. Mayfield denied appeal to play.
2. DGB denied appeal to play
3. Shannon suspended for a year.
4. Mixon suspended for a year.

We could use some good news coming out of Norman soon!

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that the season starts this week, sucks for Sam, and the denials, but gotta put it behind us and look to the future. We're all expecting big things this year from Stoops and Co. we'll see what happens.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fat W's in the win column will make us feel alright.

That's all I want.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOMER SOONER

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't find this anywhere maybe you guys have seen it. In the statement released by OU they said they accept the decision of the NCAA on DGB. Does this mean they aren't going to appeal the decision like they did for Saunders? To me it makes no sense if they don't appeal it. If they don't appeal then why request the waiver in the first place? If you believe you have a strong case and you fill out the paperwork and the first round of stooges at the NCAA don't give you the answer you want move on to the next round of stooges.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't find this anywhere maybe you guys have seen it. In the statement released by OU they said they accept the decision of the NCAA on DGB. Does this mean they aren't going to appeal the decision like they did for Saunders? To me it makes no sense if they don't appeal it. If they don't appeal then why request the waiver in the first place? If you believe you have a strong case and you fill out the paperwork and the first round of stooges at the NCAA don't give you the answer you want move on to the next round of stooges.

Did they not appeal it? I thought it was protocol to appeal a denial? :noidea:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they not appeal it? I thought it was protocol to appeal a denial? :noidea:

Everything I have read says they didn't appeal the denial. I assumed they would be denied on the first round just like Saunders but would appeal and DGB would be ready for RRSO.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to another board Boren is the reason they didn't appeal the denial.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by recruiter View Post First time the NCAA has ever gone against its own precedent with the three conditions met.

And of course no appeal from OU, with President Wallflower micromanaging the program.

Sad that the OU administration is fighting the football program at every turn.

David Swank is back ...

It's going to be interesting to see what the price for Boren's behavior will be after the season. Remember who warned you first ...

Quote from other site.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Boren or anyone else for doing what they believe is right.

But this is a youth we're talking about here. Yeah punishments are needed, but isn't getting run out of a program where you've been entrenched for 2 years enough? Having to move further away from your family? Embarrassment of the coverage of your multiple fuck ups?

Keep this up and there will be no more feel good stories like Ryan Broyles. You'll just cast kids aside without trying to provide them some assistance and direction.

Show me a football player who hasn't done SOMETHING crazy or wrong in some way and I'll eat my hat. I guess if you're going to play FBS football you better just stay away from women, parties with your peers or anyone outside of the program, eh?

I ain't saying anything he supposedly did was right or that I agree with it, but who the fuck really knows what he or Frank has done or is guilty of?

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The David Swank comment is the one that got me. Don't want to live that decade again.