• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Realignment

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EAST
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
ohio state
Penn State
Rutgers

WEST
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

Most of the comments will concern Mich-'nuts in the same division. I personally like it. It keeps tradition intact. It would make me sick to see both teams enter The Game with their respective divisions secured. The penalties at PSU will keep that program grounded for at least 8-10 years.

I really like the Nebraska v. Wisconsin rivalry that could be born.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn.....I could go either way on it......It would be nice to have OSU and UM twice in two weeks, but shouldn't it be settled before then? I like the idea of Wisky and Nebraska and Iowa.....Should be lots of cheese and corn to go around for everyone......We do get some easy targets in Maryland, and Rutgers.......No Complaints here.....Im sure Nebraska and Whisky aint complaining either.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast everyone will know the WEST is the Little brother as long as OSU and UM are in the East.

DoctorDetroit124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the East will own the west in everything. Recruiting is going to be hard for the west.

I'm glad Michigan and MSU and OSU are in the same division though.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Big 10 East is doing something SEC West does. That's only having 2-3 great teams and the rest of the division is lousy. Rutgers, Indiana & Maryland? That low strength of schedule might be a factor when it comes down to picking the top 4 teams.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 10 East is doing something SEC West does. That's only having 2-3 great teams and the rest of the division is lousy. Rutgers, Indiana & Maryland? That low strength of schedule might be a factor when it comes down to picking the top 4 teams.

Just win out and it won't be a problem....12-0 Michigan will be in the NC game.....Once the kids get it they will know.....Much like ND this year....They didn't desreve to be there but play your schedule.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the upheaval this week of the cbs boards, you would be think a location that was muzz-free would be available. Anybody know of one?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the upheaval this week of the cbs boards, you would be think a location that was muzz-free would be available. Anybody know of one?

You have the whole state of California.....As long you don't cross the the state line you will never see me......Still waiting for the big one so Cali can slowly slide into the pacific and away from rational people.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz, it isn't that I don't respect your right to post, it is just that I worry that the internet can only handle so much garbage. Your contributions in that regard are enormous.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, it's a tough job but if I wasn't doing it you would find someone else to complain about.....I take my job seriously HMMMM Kayyyyyy Mr. mackey.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the realignment too... the strength of conferences does not look balanced, but I rather Michigan plays tougher opponents.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM and OSU fans are happy about this while MSU fans are pissed... oh well, can't please everyone :)

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Windy to catch on here too, usually insightful, as well as sayoung and nightmare. DW too. As long as Iffy doesn't follow Muzz here we'll be ok!!!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Windy to catch on here too, usually insightful, as well as sayoung and nightmare. DW too. As long as Iffy doesn't follow Muzz here we'll be ok!!!

I think Nightmare is here somewhere. I belive DW has already been banned for plagiarism. Good to see you here chief.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god those godawful Leaders and Legends monikers are gone.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the splits biggest winners are Maryland and Rutgers.

Delaney needs Maryland to be a success! and to a lesser extend Rutgers. The only way to make that happen is to guarantee a home game against UofM or OSU every year. I would be truly surprised if the cycle had UofM and OSU playing Maryland either away or home the same season.

It's great to draw crowds and drum up interest for a school most of the fans are against joining the B1G.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the package to get them to leave the ACC.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the splits biggest winners are Maryland and Rutgers.

Delaney needs Maryland to be a success! and to a lesser extend Rutgers. The only way to make that happen is to guarantee a home game against UofM or OSU every year. I would be truly surprised if the cycle had UofM and OSU playing Maryland either away or home the same season.

It's great to draw crowds and drum up interest for a school most of the fans are against joining the B1G.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the package to get them to leave the ACC.

I don't know about this. If Maryland was a better, more competitive team than maybe. When Michigan finally gets back to Michigan of old, I'm not sure how endearing it will be to Maryland fans to get skull drug by Michigan on their field every other season. Same when it happens to them by OSU.

Rutgers may be a little different, but the hype on them has died down. While they're not the Rutgers of old, I would put them at average or just above it. Sure, Michigan may fill the stadium, but fan's watching their teams get beat (possibly badly), don't leave saying I'm glad Michigan came and played us.

I was happy to have been able to watch Michigan v Bama last season. I certainly didn't leave the stadium thinking we should do that again. If you get what I'm saying.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree chief, the incentive for Maryland and Rutgers to join the B1G wasn't to see their stadium get filled. It was the buckets of cash they will receive from the TV revenue. The fans of the schools that were against this move won't complain as the athletic facilities receive a huge upgrade in the coming years.

I view putting Michigan and the nuts in the same division as an experiment. If it doesn't work it can always be reversed when the B1G adds its last two teams.