• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL B1G Championship Game Ohio State vs Wisconsin

Who wins the B1G Championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post confirms your homer status. A game where UM had the ball with 2 minutes to go, with the score 24-20, you won ‘decidedly’. :L

A game where even Buckeye fans were posting how OSU was getting all the calls. A game where Buckeye fans have posted how O’Korn missed wide open players and hope it doesn’t happen against Wiscy.

Lastly, O’Korn isn’t elusive — he has happy feet. If he even thinks pressure is coming, he takes his eyes off his receivers and is looking to get out of the pocket. That is great, IF you are keeping your eyes downfield, like Mayfield does, that is being elusive. You take your eyes off your receivers, scrambling out of the pocket does nothing. Does he get a few yards now and then? Yeah. But he takes unnecessary sacks way too often, because he loses track of his targets (ala multiple times in the OSU game).
You also were in that spot because our kicker missed a FG.

michigan had 1 drive all game that was actually impressive. Then they scored from our 6, and from midfield. Otherwise, we basically shut you down. We had 55 more yards, won TOP and first downs, and forced the only TO of the game. There wasn't an aspect of the game michigan won or controlled, and we won by 11, so yeah, it was a decided victory.

What were all these calls michigan somehow didn't get? Honestly.

Fair enough on O'Korn, you'd know better than me. However, Peters isn't winning that game for you. It took him 2/3 of the season to get a chance to start, so saying he'd come out and pull the upset is a stretch. Good game, better luck next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

michigan had 1 drive all game that was actually impressive. Then they scored from our 6, and from midfield. Otherwise, we basically shut you down. We had 55 more yards, won TOP and first downs, and forced the only TO of the game. There wasn't an aspect of the game michigan won or controlled, and we won by 11, so yeah, it was a decided victory.

Fair enough on O'Korn, you'd know better than me. However, Peters isn't winning that game for you. It took him 2/3 of the season to get a chance to start, so saying he'd come out and pull the upset is a stretch. Good game, better luck next year.

Wow. I never pegged you as the MnB of the OSU fan base, but you are exactly that.

Yep — you decidedly had ONE more first down, 55 more yards and 2 more minutes with the football. If THAT is decidedly — explain how Oklahoma only outplayed you for one quarter?

If you want to pull plays and say it was only 24-20 because of a missed FG, what about the dropped interception, where it was thrown right into the chest of the UM safety and he dropped it — can we take your first TD away? The missed extra point. The wide open (no one within 5 yards of Evans) on 4th and 4 at the OSU 39? Or does it only work if it is for OSU benefit?

And if you watched the game — you’d have seen numerous replays, and numerous times where the announcers even called out the refs on terrible calls. If you go and read the game thread — OSU fans who NEVER admit UM gets screwed on anything said repeatedly OSU was getting all the calls and one even said UM was getting jobbed by the officials (I’m thinking it was the PI call to extend one of your TD drives where the TE wasn’t touched, tripped and UM was flagged for PI — it was pretty blatant)

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the referee complaining by Michigan fans.

If anything the refs were consistently bad on both sides.

The announcers were unbearable, especially Klatt, who was openly gushing and rooting for Michigan.

Michigan should have been rabid and hungry when they got up 14-0 and stepped on the gas pedal, they seemed to go into some kind of cruise mode though and let us right back in the game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, Ohio State "decidedly" beat Michigan? You averaged 4.5 more yards per drive, 2 more minutes in TOP, and had one more first down. And TOP would have basically been even if O'Korn isn't the awful QB he is and throw that INT. Your definition must be different than mine.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the referee complaining by Michigan fans.

If anything the refs were consistently bad on both sides.

The announcers were unbearable, especially Klatt, who was openly gushing and rooting for Michigan.

Michigan should have been rabid and hungry when they got up 14-0 and stepped on the gas pedal, they seemed to go into some kind of cruise mode though and let us right back in the game.

Eh, seems like we got all the close calls in our favor. There were a few penalties that looked like a good call in real time, then were obviously not when shown on replay. Those all went Ohio States way. The run by Okorn that was initially ruled short. If that is ruled a first down then it stands. Ohio State did get lucky that they got all the "close" calls. That's sports. In every sport, the consistent winners get the calls

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word.

It's funny, even when tOSU was down 14, I didn't feel the pressure that I'd expect to. I was still relatively calm. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't psyched about -6 total yards in the first quarter, but for whatever reason, I didn't get a sense of permanence from the situation.

I will say that winning after being down two touchdowns is an awesome way to do it. I imagine a lot of Michigan fans really got their hopes up after the 14-0 start and were really starting to think they could get it done.

Beating UoM is great. Beating UoM and stomping on the hearts of their fans in the process is fantastic.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, seems like we got all the close calls in our favor. There were a few penalties that looked like a good call in real time, then were obviously not when shown on replay. Those all went Ohio States way. The run by Okorn that was initially ruled short. If that is ruled a first down then it stands. Ohio State did get lucky that they got all the "close" calls. That's sports. In every sport, the consistent winners get the calls

That run is one where i'm talking about Klatt openly rooting for Michigan.

Yea it "should" have been a first down.

But the refs also missed a clear blatant hold on the same play where one of our LBers got tackled right in front of O'Korn before he took off running.

No mention of that of course though, just crying about Michigan not being awarded a 1st down.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word.

It's funny, even when tOSU was down 14, I didn't feel the pressure that I'd expect to. I was still relatively calm. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't psyched about -6 total yards in the first quarter, but for whatever reason, I didn't get a sense of permanence from the situation.

I will say that winning after being down two touchdowns is an awesome way to do it. I imagine a lot of Michigan fans really got their hopes up after the 14-0 start and were really starting to think they could get it done.

Beating UoM is great. Beating UoM and stomping on the hearts of their fans in the process is fantastic.

I was a little worried because at first our offense went back into the beyond stupid avoid handing off to the RBs at all cost shell. Usually things go very badly when that happens.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeye defense will have Hornibrook dizzy and confused. Buckeyes win, 37-23

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Wow. I never pegged you as the MnB of the OSU fan base, but you are exactly that.

Yep — you decidedly had ONE more first down, 55 more yards and 2 more minutes with the football. If THAT is decidedly — explain how Oklahoma only outplayed you for one quarter?

If you want to pull plays and say it was only 24-20 because of a missed FG, what about the dropped interception, where it was thrown right into the chest of the UM safety and he dropped it — can we take your first TD away? The missed extra point. The wide open (no one within 5 yards of Evans) on 4th and 4 at the OSU 39? Or does it only work if it is for OSU benefit?

And if you watched the game — you’d have seen numerous replays, and numerous times where the announcers even called out the refs on terrible calls. If you go and read the game thread — OSU fans who NEVER admit UM gets screwed on anything said repeatedly OSU was getting all the calls and one even said UM was getting jobbed by the officials (I’m thinking it was the PI call to extend one of your TD drives where the TE wasn’t touched, tripped and UM was flagged for PI — it was pretty blatant)
Well then let's just give michigan the win. Would that stop the crying? You guys didn't deserve to win, and you didn't. I've said multiple times that Oklahoma beat us in a very decisive manner. I've said they didn't murder or destroy us, but they did win in a very decisive manner.

But you're right. Barrett played lights out at QB, didn't hold onto the ball for far too long or miss any passes. It was all just michigan giving it away. Also, the PAT was blocked, he didn't miss it. Big difference.

Maybe have your camera man take out more players next time and you might pull off the W? It wasn't just Barrett, either. Weber has a massive gauge on his arm from the camera man hitting him. Pathetic.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Ohio State "decidedly" beat Michigan? You averaged 4.5 more yards per drive, 2 more minutes in TOP, and had one more first down. And TOP would have basically been even if O'Korn isn't the awful QB he is and throw that INT. Your definition must be different than mine.
And we won by two scores, on the road. Left that out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we won by two scores, on the road. Left that out.

And it took until 2 minutes left in the game to get there. I honestly can't believe you would say Ohio State decidedly won this game, but Oklahoma didn't decidedly win against Ohio State. That's laughable.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it took until 2 minutes left in the game to get there. I honestly can't believe you would say Ohio State decidedly won this game, but Oklahoma didn't decidedly win against Ohio State. That's laughable.

:scratch:
I've said multiple times that Oklahoma beat us in a very decisive manner. I've said they didn't murder or destroy us, but they did win in a very decisive manner.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will wait to give my vote with more clarity when it comes to JT, though it looks likely he will play. Assuming he does, I will probably lean OSU but thinking it will be a good game. I think OSU is good enough to slow down Taylor, possibly force Hornibrook into some mistakes as well (which he has been accustomed to doing). As long as the Buckeyes don't beat themselves, I think the more talented team prevails, but it should be a great game with how good Wisconsin's defense is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say this? I've said multiple times that OSU was beaten decidedly in that game. I said we weren't murdered or destroyed, but we did lose decidedly.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been numerous occasions where he's said the exact opposite.
Where? I've said several times we were very competitive against OU for 3 quarters and then they finished strong and beat us soundly. You're acting like my saying we weren't murdered by them means we lost close.