• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Cancels Season

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid has potential...

source.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no not a link but they are talking about it on First team (siriusXM). Reporter on the line talked about how the PAC had been ready to cancel, and already had a report written from doctors about the possible dangers of playing during the pandemic and the link to myocarditis. It was a 10 page report that it distributed to each of the Presidents and ADs.. which is telling when you don't hear the blowback the way the B16 is getting it at the moment

See, that's what I was posting about earlier. If the PAC and/or B1G have medical info that the SEC, ACC and Big 12 don't...they need to share that info.

From what's being reported, those conferences are going by the info I mentioned earlier.

Apparently there's supposed to be an "update" from the Big 12 commissioner right about now.

It'll be interesting to see what he says.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that's what I was posting about earlier. If the PAC and/or B1G have medical info that the SEC, ACC and Big 12 don't...they need to share that info.

From what's being reported, those conferences are going by the info I mentioned earlier.

Apparently there's supposed to be an "update" from the Big 12 commissioner right about now.

It'll be interesting to see what he says.
So the thing Bowlsby came out and said last night was that they will be doing an echocardiograms in addition to the other heart images it's already doing for the players. I have a feeling that was it. I think the PAC has been up and up..it's the B16who's been acting shady. They said they had made up it's mind Sunday morning that they would CANCEL the season.. only to let practices continue. They didn't expect the let us play hashtag to get big.. If you knew your decision was to cancel, why did u keep the players practicing an additional 2 days??

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. i haven't put my finger on it fully yet but this ultimately has to do with money (as everything always does). one theory i've heard is that the universities didn't want to be open to lawsuits if players caught it and had long term health effects from it.

It doesn't make sense they would be worried about that over CTE. They still play football and the CTE worries have been around for a LONG time.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the B1G chooses not to play I can promise you there is nothing in that contract that keeps Nebraska from doing so. They would probably have to use their network resources for home games but there won't be language saying the B1G has the right to ban them from playing. No one would agree to that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the thing Bowlsby came out and said last night was that they will be doing an echocardiograms in addition to the other heart images it's already doing for the players. I have a feeling that was it. I think the PAC has been up and up..it's the B16who's been acting shady. They said they had made up it's mind Sunday morning that they would CANCEL the season.. only to let practices continue. They didn't expect the let us play hashtag to get big.. If you knew your decision was to cancel, why did u keep the players practicing an additional 2 days??

When did the B1G start practices? USC has had their players there, but if I remember correctly, they were just doing mainly individual drills, weight training kind of stuff and were continuing with that until the announcement.

I don't think full practice was to start until Aug. 17.

But yeah, I do agree, if the final decision was already made and they just delayed it to make it look like they considered what the players wanted, that's some bullshit.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the B1G start practices? USC has had their players there, but if I remember correctly, they were just doing mainly individual drills, weight training kind of stuff and were continuing with that until the announcement.

I don't think full practice was to start until Aug. 17.

But yeah, I do agree, if the final decision was already made and they just delayed it to make it look like they considered what the players wanted, that's some bullshit.
they had been practicing for at least a week I believe

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeyes' Day wants season to start early Jan.

Day reiterated that Ohio State's preference was to wait until late September to attempt to play a fall season.

Day's main focus is the spring season, which he admitted was not a focal point until the Big Ten made its decision Tuesday to postpone the fall season. He said a plan for the spring has "got to be fast."

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to start early, if they don't want to bring in a tired and battered team into the next season. The problem is, where do they play the games? Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and pretty much every north and midwest team will have BRUTAL weather during the entire season.

Yeah that's why he they need to jump on this ASAP...a lot of things to take into account. He said he wanted them to postpone the season till September but they acted too quick....I don't like the quick decision tbh. I don't think it would have been a huge deal to postpone the season a couple weeks to build a more clear plan.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to start early, if they don't want to bring in a tired and battered team into the next season. The problem is, where do they play the games? Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and pretty much every north and midwest team will have BRUTAL weather during the entire season.
time for a bubble at Ford Field?? LOL

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for a bubble at Ford Field?? LOL

If they are waiting till it is safe for the players, why would you need a bubble? If you still need a bubble in the January or in the spring, why is it different from right now?

Also, they can't play on Ford Field in the month of January because the Lions will likely have a few home playoff games there.