• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Cancels Season

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rock needs to buy an island, build a field, and invite a few hundred juniors and seniors to play some football. Completely bubbled.

Doesn't Dana White already have the island and the multi media ability to broadcast? Just include him in the development! :suds:

Reactions: gob

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping this ends conferences anyway but if the SEC, Big 12 and ACC do indeed have the season maybe this could form 3 big kind of super conferences...which I love the idea of anyway. It was only a matter of time before P5 goes away, this just speeds up that process.

If the NCAA continues to do nothing, and say nothing, I hope they get kicked to the curb, and a new conference begins. They are so arbitrary in their enforcing the rules anyway, why not just exclude them and create a new conference and system to manage it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping this ends conferences anyway but if the SEC, Big 12 and ACC do indeed have the season maybe this could form 3 big kind of super conferences...which I love the idea of anyway. It was only a matter of time before P5 goes away, this just speeds up that process.

I don't see 2 conferences dissolving to form 3 Super Conferences.

But I could see the P5 conferences "separating" from the NCAA.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you could keep your conferences as "divisions" in a bigger conference. Kind of like the NFL. There is still pride in winning the SEC division, but you now have a bigger overall conference you can win that has a much fairer scheduling and SOS.

I don't like expanding the playoffs, but this would make it better if they did an expanded playoff IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah exactly...they need to break apart from the NCAA where they can create their own schedule or something. This could be the breaking point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could keep your conferences as "divisions" in a bigger conference. Kind of like the NFL. There is still pride in winning the SEC division, but you now have a bigger overall conference you can win that has a much fairer scheduling and SOS.

I don't like expanding the playoffs, but this would make it better if they did an expanded playoff IMO.

Yeah exactly...they need to break apart from the NCAA where they can create their own schedule or something. This could be the breaking point.

If you're going to keep divisions based on existing conferences, then it makes more sense to just keep the conferences, but separate from the NCAA and operate under their own scheduling and recruiting guidelines, etc.

They could make sure that all conferences are playing the same number of conference games, playing the same number of "cupcakes" at the same time of the season, etc.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First..Nebraska is screwed.. You think the Big12 is going to give them a life jacket this late in the game? They really gonna bolt and hope the Power 3 bails them out? They will be walking away from a huge payout, get lawyer fees, and an exit fee.. not to mention an entrance fee to whatever conference that does take them in if they want.. Can they go independent?

I'm sure the B16 already has something similar to what Scott brought to his schools a loan agreement.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to keep divisions based on existing conferences, then it makes more sense to just keep the conferences, but separate from the NCAA and operate under their own scheduling and recruiting guidelines, etc.

They could make sure that all conferences are playing the same number of conference games, playing the same number of "cupcakes" at the same time of the season, etc.

I'd still rather see them create the matchups, as all conferences are not created equal right now. In a giant conference, with division that have the name and are made up of the same teams as the old conferences, you could force matchups that would help better determine playoff contenders IMO.

It all comes down to money though, and with different networks buying some exclusivity to certain conferences, it will not work anytime soon.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First..Nebraska is screwed.. You think the Big12 is going to give them a life jacket this late in the game? They really gonna bolt and hope the Power 3 bails them out? They will be walking away from a huge payout, get lawyer fees, and an exit fee.. not to mention an entrance fee to whatever conference that does take them in if they want.. Can they go independent?

I'm sure the B16 already has something similar to what Scott brought to his schools a loan agreement.

I think the B12 would love to have Nebraska back...even for one season. It just makes for compelling tv (the old conference matchups would be back for one season). I don't think the B10 would fight them at all if they wanted to go ahead and play a fall schedule, but they wouldn't be able to play a spring B10 schedule and that could cost them big money if the B10 did play in the spring.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still rather see them create the matchups, as all conferences are not created equal right now. In a giant conference, with division that have the name and are made up of the same teams as the old conferences, you could force matchups that would help better determine playoff contenders IMO.

You could do the same thing and still have the separate conferences. It would depend on how the scheduling guidelines are done.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the B12 would love to have Nebraska back...even for one season. It just makes for compelling tv (the old conference matchups would be back for one season). I don't think the B10 would fight them at all if they wanted to go ahead and play a fall schedule, but they wouldn't be able to play a spring B10 schedule and that could cost them big money if the B10 did play in the spring.
No they wouldn't.. don't let twitter fans get in the way of real logic. Big12 is perfect with 10 schools right now. If they took back Nebraska they would still be complaining about everything. First it was big bad Texas, now it's the Big Bad B16 who didn't give them a voice..
They would be better off trying to convince ou to join the B16 west

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could do the same thing and still have the separate conferences. It would depend on how the scheduling guidelines are done.

But if you do that, you've really just created a new overall conference or league with divisions. I mean, I think it would just be a different way to say the same thing.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they wouldn't.. don't let twitter fans get in the way of real logic. Big12 is perfect with 10 schools right now. If they took back Nebraska they would still be complaining about everything. First it was big bad Texas, now it's the Big Bad B16 who didn't give them a voice..
They would be better off trying to convince ou to join the B16 west

I disagree. The B12 would love to promote a Texas and Oklahoma vs Nebraska matchup this fall. If Nebraska wants to and can legally do it, imo, the B12 will make the accommodations.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The B12 would love to promote a Texas and Oklahoma vs Nebraska matchup this fall. If Nebraska wants to and can legally do it, imo, the B12 will make the accommodations.
the schedule is set.. KSU had the only opening left and now it's vs Appalachain St. B16 lawyers would sue the Big12 for tampering..

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the schedule is set.. KSU had the only opening left and now it's vs Appalachain St. B16 lawyers would sue the Big12 for tampering..

Nothing is set. You know that. The B10 schedule was set less than a week ago. Buyouts happen all the time. Nebraska generates PLENTY of money to allow them to make changes.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is set. You know that. The B10 schedule was set less than a week ago. Buyouts happen all the time. Nebraska generates PLENTY of money to allow them to make changes.
LOL the schedule is already being leaked man.. UT plays Tech on sept 26th.. ou vs Ut is still on Oct 10 in dallas.. Go breakdown theB16

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the schedule is already being leaked man.. UT plays Tech on sept 26th.. ou vs Ut is still on Oct 10 in dallas.. Go breakdown theB16

Again, the B10 had a schedule too. It was blown up. Things change, and money talks.

You're telling me if Nebraska or Ohio State or Michigan was allow to play this fall that conferences wouldn't change EVERYTHING to accommodate them on their schedules?

Also, why do you call it the B12 when it has only 10 teams, but call the B10 the B16? (I was a little confused at first, but I'm easily confused)

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you do that, you've really just created a new overall conference or league with divisions. I mean, I think it would just be a different way to say the same thing.

Not really. All you're doing is imposing scheduling guidelines that we all seem to agree are needed anyway. The conferences still maintain the ability to promote their brand and run their conference as they see fit.

Scheduling guidelines would just have each conference playing the same number of in conference games and also the level of competition for the OOC games.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. All you're doing is imposing scheduling guidelines that we all seem to agree are needed anyway. The conferences still maintain the ability to promote their brand and run their conference as they see fit.

Scheduling guidelines would just have each conference playing the same number of in conference games and also the level of competition for the OOC games.

I don't see how that is much different than now. I say leave it as it is, if you're not going to make the SOS much better. Just my two cents.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard this said anywhere so nothing to back this.......possible BIG closed down early hoping they get sued by parents/players and/or an injunction that would force them to play and take liability out of their hands? Pretty smart if that was the play.