• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B12 expansion

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself. Your recruiting would definitely suffer because too many kids in Texas have the same mental image when they think of the B1G in November and December:

View attachment 115101

Rarely does that happen. Not sure if you have been to Lawrence or Manhattan in November, but it's cold as hell there, too.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you would because right now your in conference strength of schedule is pathetic.

Plus the Big Ten has been in general decline for years now. Why in the world would Texas or Oklahoma join the Big Ten?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS is fine. I'd worry more about winning football games than what other's strengths of schedules are if I were auburn.
Auburn's fine we have won one national championship and played in another the last 5 years which is still better OSU.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn's fine we have won one national championship and played in another the last 5 years which is still better OSU.

Glad you cherrypicked the data. :clap:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
open back up that Texas pipeline that supposedly has closed.
I don't really care about that...our recruiting is going fine. Turns out we just needed to have a coaching staff that put a bit of effort into it. That just makes a much more fun division for us. Playing OU and Texas again would be great.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you cherrypicked the data. :clap:
How do you define success? I'm pretty sure I nailed it unless your hanging up 2nd place divisional banners.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sucked the same eggs that we did as a conference.
It isn't really a fair comparison. The Pac-12 beat one another out of the playoffs. The Big12 didn't do that in 2014. They just didn't have that unambiguously deserving team. You could have made a reasonable case for TCU, Baylor, or Ohio State to take that #4 spot in 2014. You could make no reasonable case for a Pac-12 team in 2015.

But I'm sure you don't need me to point that out. I just like pointing out the obvious.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was actually a pretty big recruiting ruling by the NCAA recently. They are allowing Universities to pay for 1 parent (I believe) to accompany a recruit on an official visit. This is very good news for school that recruit nationally. It is also a negative for schools like Texas. One of the biggest advantages for Texas is the fact so many prospects and their families can drive to the school and meet the coaching staff. Now mom can meet every single coach that is recruiting her little boy. I wonder if this will make national recruiting a bit easier. Probably will take some time to figure out its effect

Actually, the April 2016 ruling allows for paying the expenses for two guardians who accompany the recruit on official visits. It's about time this common sense ruling was put in place. Kudos to the NCAA for finally doing something right.
NCAA: Schools can pay for two guardians on visits

But...... the official visit timing rule is still fecked-up/out-of-fashion/archaic and needs to be changed in the current recruiting environment which features more and more early visits and early committing (Junior year).

Right now, recruits cannot take official (paid) visits until classes begin for their Senior year of high school. Many recruiting gurus/college football insiders believe recruits should be able to take official visits in April, May, and June of their Junior year of high school.
Obviously July is out of the question for official visits because that is downtime/vacation month for college staffs & their families, and August is too busy with football training camp. But it makes complete sense to allow kids and their parents to take official visits to campuses in April, May and June of their Junior year. Hopefully the NCAA will do the right thing and alter the official visit timing rules.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you define success? I'm pretty sure I nailed it unless your hanging up 2nd place divisional banners.

You cherry picked by framing it as last 5 years and using national championship games as the criteria.

If you want to frame it as of turn of the century, tOSU has won 2 NCGs and been to 2 others. In addition to that, they went to 7 other BCS bowls, having won 4 of them....and that's not including the one year they were ineligible but still went 12-0.

But yeah, keep it framed to the last 5 years. Whatever makes you feel better man.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by framing it as last 5 years and using national championship games as the criteria.

If you want to frame it as of turn of the century, tOSU has won 2 NCGs and been to 2 others. In addition to that, they went to 7 other BCS bowls, having won 4 of them....and that's not including the one year they were ineligible but still went 12-0.

But yeah, keep it framed to the last 5 years. Whatever makes you feel better man.
Fine you want to count Auburn's undefeated seasons in 1993 and 2004? Talking trash about Auburn is just ignorance on your part.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine you want to count Auburn's undefeated seasons in 1993 and 2004? Talking trash about Auburn is just ignorance on your part.

You began it by ripping on the B1G's SOS.

Count it, by all means. That was Auburn's other BCS appearance since the turn of the century (outside of the 2 NCGs).

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe most would LOVE for that to happen.

The B1G would welcome both Texas and Oklahoma with open arms if they were to apply jointly. And you'd have a fine western division: UT, OU, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minny, Illinois, NW, Nebraska

The Huskers might have a conniption fit tho.

I will disagree with Oaknights. I think a majority of Nebraska fans wants nothing to do with Texas. I am willing to bet the numbers would be 51% to 70% against.

If I was given an actual vote, I would vote no.

If I had to take Texas then I would want quite a few stipulations about their membership.

Point 1: No other Texas schools come with them.
Point 2: No special deals because they are Texas. Look what all the special deals got the SWC and the Big 12.
Point 3: They have to wait six years for full B1G revenue Distribution just like Maryland, Nebraska, and Rutgers did.
Point 4: Texas can keep the LHN, but they get the same deal that Notre Dame has in the ACC, reduced Conference Revenue Distribution, unless they give up the LHN.
Point 5: Must play the first weekend of November in the B1G East or in Minnesota or Wisconsin. The first weekend in November really is not that bad.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not sure why OKLAHOMA STATE is the co-chairman of this "make Texas quit the Big 12 plan."

I can understand Oklahoma's motivations.

I just don't seen any exit strategy that helps Okie Junior.

Unless OSU really believes the state legislature makes them a package deal.

But, that is meaningless because the PAC, BIG, and SEC don't want them at all.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself. Your recruiting would definitely suffer because too many kids in Texas have the same mental image when they think of the B1G in November and December:

View attachment 115101
Hell, tOSU has a Texas boy at QB. (Almost an Okie boy) Didn't seem to bother him going to snow country.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their basketball brand more than makes up for their poor footyball.
Their basketball team would have to win 10 national championships in a row to make up for their shitty football team right now. They should have never fired the fat boy IMHO.