• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B10 officiating is horrible

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then is it too late to delete this thread?
No, because the problem still exists. You still don't seem to understand my point. I'm not talking about penalties that have gone against Michigan. I'm talking about penalties that weren't called against Michigan in the OP through the last two years of football. It has nothing to do with any one game but a collection of evidence throughout two full seasons.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and look at OSU game threads and watch for the combo of MAIZE AND DAYNE - all ref bashing, all the time.
Go back to this year's thread. See what you find.

Sure, last year I bashed the refs -- and for good reason IMO. The refs made a game deciding call. But I rarely come here specifically to blame a loss on the refs.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because the problem still exists. You still don't seem to understand my point. I'm not talking about penalties that have gone against Michigan. I'm talking about penalties that weren't called against Michigan in the OP through the last two years of football. It has nothing to do with any one game but a collection of evidence throughout two full seasons.

Whatever blows your skirt up.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, last year I bashed the refs -- and for good reason IMO. The refs made a game deciding call. But I rarely come here specifically to blame a loss on the refs.
You spent an entire year blaming the Trouble with the Snap loss on officials missing a lining up in the neutral zone and the Michigan State player hitting the long snapper.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask PAC12 fans about their officials.
Ask Big12 fans about their officials.
Ask non-Bama fans about their officials.
They all think their officials are the worst.

The problem is after every single loss, MnB, you come in here blaming the officials for some wrong that has been committed against Michigan.
To be fair, I think a lot of college refs do suck and part of the problem is that they are all part time employees. Most have some other profession and this is what they do as a side job, and because of that it shows itself in games.

There's been a few games in which I've clearly blamed the refs. But I don't think I've come here once this year and blame one of our losses on the refs.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it should be
Most Ohio State fans are annoying when they're talking about Ohio State, but I like you! You're much more honest and fair and can actually tell some funny jokes as well. If all Ohio State fans were like you then I probably wouldn't dislike them like I do, haha.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my team has a play (especially a big play) negated by holding, illegal formation, ect, I don't say "those shitty B10 refs!" I say "god-damnnit-fucking young ass inexperienced Iowa line!"

I usually blame it on the refs ... but that's in the moment and subconsciously knowing that it's probably a good call.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not melting down. No kids have been wished ill upon.

I was hopefully suggesting a problem many fans experienced this year so we could all bitch about how shitty the B10 refs were.

How's that working out for you?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spent an entire year blaming the Trouble with the Snap loss on officials missing a lining up in the neutral zone and the Michigan State player hitting the long snapper.
Yes, I did. And the OSU loss. Haven't done it at all this year.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of my post was about Michigan, but I've watched a lot of non-Michigan B10 this year and the refs are horrible in most of those games. Major calls just getting blown.

Look at the opponent penalty ranking:
cfbstats.com - 2017 Big Ten Conference Team Leaders

isn't it a bit suspicious that the best teams in the B10, minus Penn State, all find themselves at the bottom of this list?
In that list tOSU is never higher than 4th and in most years they are in the bottom half. Do the refs have it out for the Buckeyes every year?

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HAHAHA Ok

Maybe it's just not you alone, but rather Dayne + insert any Michigan fan not named @Voltaire26

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes, yes. We know. They miss every call against Michigan opponents and never miss a call against Michigan. We get it. Poor, poor Michigan. Can we get a pity party for Michigan because they have NEVER EVER gotten the benefit of the doubt?

I've seen all the Michigan games since about 1982 or '83...... I can't count how many times the refs missed calls that were plain as day, PI, holding, etc....... that benefitted scUM.

In fact I remember one blatant missed call on Saturday that went against the Buckeyes that was complete BS.

I just get embarrassed for people like mb9.........

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I think a lot of college refs do suck and part of the problem is that they are all part time employees. Most have some other profession and this is what they do as a side job, and because of that it shows itself in games.

There's been a few games in which I've clearly blamed the refs. But I don't think I've come here once this year and blame one of our losses on the refs.

The refs are human ... and like the players, they are going to have good and bad days. I understand the job of officiating a football game enough to know I couldn't do it. If you think you can be a better referee then apply for the job. If the officiating is that bad, the proper people know and will handle the situation.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that list tOSU is never higher than 4th and in most years they are in the bottom half. Do the refs have it out for the Buckeyes every year?
I think that refs might be bias in calling penalties for the other team playing a much greater opponent, especially if they're losing or getting blown out. If OSU is playing Illinois and the game is 30-7, I think refs tend to ignore more than Illinois is doing and flag more that OSU is doing. At least that would be my suspicion. And IMO it needs to stop. I think the B10, and other conferences, need to invest some of those Billions of dollars into hiring full time ref employees that work all year to understand the game, get better and train. We shouldn't have to wonder if refs are "letting them play" or calling everything. More importantly, blatant penalties should rarely be missed.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be thankful because Big XII Refs are the worst by a landslide!!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen all the Michigan games since about 1982 or '83...... I can't count how many times the refs missed calls that were plain as day, PI, holding, etc....... that benefitted scUM.

In fact I remember one blatant missed call on Saturday that went against the Buckeyes that was complete BS.

I agree with you. There were a few plays this past game that I was shocked we didn't get penalized for. But that's exactly what I'm talking about here. It shouldn't happen like that.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because you are seeing it from a completely different POV. 35 years is way to long to be holding such things in ... let it go ...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was a very big mistake.