• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B-Wags Being Released?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 play in a blowout SB after being injured all year?? Lol! What a load of crap that is to hang your hat on.

Harvin was a locker room cancer and by all accounts a real piece of shit. He got in multiple locker room fights, refused to go into games several times, and, worst of all, actively tried to divide the locker room. His mere presence was a negative.

Additionally, he had a grand total of 6 regular season games in a year and a half with 23 receptions for 150 yards and 0 TDs. All that for a 1st that turned into Xavier Rhodes(!), a 3rd (so not the low round that you claimed), and a 7th at the cost of about $36 million.
Thats about $640,000 per catch!

The Percy Harvin trade was the worst and it isn't even close. Great talent, barely played, was a giant headcase and all around pain in the ass.

Fuck Percy Harvin. He sucks in every conceivable way.
Lol! I screwed up. It's even worse at $1.57 million per catch!

Had a couple drinkies tonight!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the worse trade was by far the Jamal Adams trade because we lost out on a premium pick and, he has done nothing for the defense and now we signed him to an extension so he is on the books moving forward.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting this thread

BACK ON TOPIC! BOBBY WAGNER!

The Seahawks could still resign Bobby but think of it from Bobby's point of view now. He was released and Wilson is gone, does he want to go try and get a Ring or help a team rebuild? I say go for the ring Bobby! He deserves it.

wait is anyone still on the team that won a ring with the Hawks? O.O WOW!

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 play in a blowout SB after being injured all year?? Lol! What a load of crap that is to hang your hat on.

Harvin was a locker room cancer and by all accounts a real piece of shit. He got in multiple locker room fights, refused to go into games several times, and, worst of all, actively tried to divide the locker room. His mere presence was a negative.

Additionally, he had a grand total of 6 regular season games in a year and a half with 23 receptions for 150 yards and 0 TDs. All that for a 1st that turned into Xavier Rhodes(!), a 3rd (so not the low round that you claimed), and a 7th at the cost of about $36 million.

The Percy Harvin trade was the worst and it isn't even close. Great talent, barely played, was a giant headcase and all around pain in the ass.

On its face you may be right. But it could be argued that the Adams trade directly led to the Seahawks trading Russell Wilson.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On its face you may be right. But it could be argued that the Adams trade directly led to the Seahawks trading Russell Wilson.
I would say that anyone that makes that jump in logic needs to review causation vs correlation. Heck, reading the SH board shows that many here either ignore or don't understand the concept.

Thanks again for everything Bobby! A great career and a class act.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hadn't traded away RW, I would hold some hope that we could bring Bobby back on a much less expensive 2 year deal...but there's not much point investing in older players when we have great instability at QB.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hadn't traded away RW, I would hold some hope that we could bring Bobby back on a much less expensive 2 year deal...but there's not much point investing in older players when we have great instability at QB.
The big bonus coming due sealed his fate. Even spreading it out in an extension was too much at his age, and maybe Bobby wanted out after the RW trade anyways?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not arguing who and what harvin is, but the SB win made it worthwhile. I think most fans would agree.

the Adams trade is one of the all time bad trades and easily the worst trade anyone has made in the past 20 years.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not arguing who and what harvin is, but the SB win made it worthwhile. I think most fans would agree.

the Adams trade is one of the all time bad trades and easily the worst trade anyone has made in the past 20 years.
Of course you don't want to factor in his character because it doesn't support your narrative.

Harvin had nothing to do with the SB win. We were already up over 3 TDs and destroying them. He played in one regular season game that year. 1.

I was again wrong about the amount of his contract (again, a few drinks last night but..... 6 years, $67 million, with a $25.5 million signing bonus, but traded after 6 games into his 2nd season) it is $40.79 million in salary paid for 17 total receptions makes for just under $2.4 million per reception.
It just keeps getting worse!!

To repeat: 17 catches for 150 yards in his 1.5 years with the team where he missed $2.4 million per catch, 0 TD receptions. All from a horrible misanthrope that attacked teammates, refused to go into games when the coaches told him to, and tried to divide the locker room against RW who he talked shit about to the press.......and the pick traded was for 3 time pro-bowler Xavier Rhodes.

Please try to justify those specific points.

Oh, and thanks again for everything Bobby! A great player and a class act. He will be sorely missed. The best LB ever to put on a Hawks uni!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big bonus coming due sealed his fate. Even spreading it out in an extension was too much at his age, and maybe Bobby wanted out after the RW trade anyways?
Hmmm....well, I can no longer see his contract details on either overthecap or spotrac, but '22 was the last year on his deal and was set to pay him $20M. There are no future year prorations in play at this point, so I think it would be pretty to add a couple years and divide any kind of '22 guarantee into thirds and soften the blow. It looks like his dead money is only at a little under $4M, so this should have been pretty easy to do.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva run, fellas. Your Seahawks had a helluva run. Back its back to the abyss, sadly. At least you got a SB (shoulda been 2) out of it all

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit more saddened of the release of Wag's over the trade of RW... Wagner is one of my all time favorites...

I had a local kid who played OLine for USU, so I've been watching Wagner for 12 years. I was very saddened by his release.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you don't want to factor in his character because it doesn't support your narrative.

Harvin had nothing to do with the SB win. We were already up over 3 TDs and destroying them. He played in one regular season game that year. 1.

I was again wrong about the amount of his contract (again, a few drinks last night but..... 6 years, $67 million, with a $25.5 million signing bonus, but traded after 6 games into his 2nd season) it is $40.79 million in salary paid for 17 total receptions makes for just under $2.4 million per reception.
It just keeps getting worse!!

To repeat: 17 catches for 150 yards in his 1.5 years with the team where he missed $2.4 million per catch, 0 TD receptions. All from a horrible misanthrope that attacked teammates, refused to go into games when the coaches told him to, and tried to divide the locker room against RW who he talked shit about to the press.......and the pick traded was for 3 time pro-bowler Xavier Rhodes.

Please try to justify those specific points.

Oh, and thanks again for everything Bobby! A great player and a class act. He will be sorely missed. The best LB ever to put on a Hawks uni!
yet we won a superbowl and it didnt set the team back

the adams trade undeniably set the team back. missing out on a top 10 pick for a lackluster and often injured safety that cant cover? id take that harvin trade 10 times out of 10.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet we won a superbowl and it didnt set the team back

the adams trade undeniably set the team back. missing out on a top 10 pick for a lackluster and often injured safety that cant cover? id take that harvin trade 10 times out of 10.
So your answer is to not address any of the points?

Minny drafted Xavier Rhodes with the 1st rnd pick. You don't think possibly losing an 3 time pro bowl CB set the team back? Or the remaining $12 million in dead money in dead money? That is not even accounting for the additional picks.

Since people just want to jump to ridiculous conclusions regarding cause and effect in regards to setting the team back, then I propose that the Percy Harvin trade cost us at least 1 Super Bowl, and a bunch of wins on top of being an extremely unproductive complete asshole.

Again, thanks for everything Bobby. You are the G.O.A.T. at LB.