• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B. Kelly Signs 6 year Extension.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly new contract will run to 2021. This is good news for ND and recruiting. Kelyl isnt going any where and has said he has no interest in the NFL. Kelly has a 55-23 record. He has built a great foundation on the football field and in the class room. His recruiting is becoming one of the best.

Overall happy this happen. I like B. Kelly and I know how it was when we didnt have a good coach. it was rough. As ND Fans we know we will be in the hunt every year. The main goal is to win that NC. I think he does that with in these 6 years.

Some advice Kelly you need to get a better DC.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it wasn't 10 years. Guess getting Charlie Weis off the payroll helped. This gives stability, but I think the right opportunity in the NFL comes along, he'll be gone.

And I agree, he needs a new DC. Badly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it wasn't 10 years. Guess getting Charlie Weis off the payroll helped. This gives stability, but I think the right opportunity in the NFL comes along, he'll be gone.

And I agree, he needs a new DC. Badly.
I dont know what the right job is. He didnt want the Eagles, Giants spot. We dont know what team it would be. I guess the Pats or maybe GB. I just thought a guy from the east coast and wanted an NFL he would of jumped on the eagles or Giants.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what the right job is. He didnt want the Eagles, Giants spot. We dont know what team it would be. I guess the Pats or maybe GB. I just thought a guy from the east coast and wanted an NFL he would of jumped on the eagles or Giants.
Maybe I should be clearer, if there's mutual interest. I think a lot of owners/GM's passed on him this time around. He had his Eagles dalliance when he was 12-0. Two so-so seasons and a good but not great one later, and he's not as hot a commodity.

I would like to think he wants to cement his legacy by bringing a NC to ND. He would have had to overcome three bad hires and a lot of institutional hurdles to do so.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I really like Kelly, but I like the idea of some stability in the coaching ranks. (Especially considering our last three head coaches). The turnover in our recruiting personnel may end up not being the disaster I feared it would be, so I will take this as good news.

I think Kelly is still interested in the NFL, but I think Chip Kelly's recent performance has definitely hurt Brian Kelly's chances for an NFL coaching position. And for this reason, I hope Chip doesn't do well in San Francisco.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I really like Kelly, but I like the idea of some stability in the coaching ranks. (Especially considering our last three head coaches). The turnover in our recruiting personnel may end up not being the disaster I feared it would be, so I will take this as good news.

I think Kelly is still interested in the NFL, but I think Chip Kelly's recent performance has definitely hurt Brian Kelly's chances for an NFL coaching position. And for this reason, I hope Chip doesn't do well in San Francisco.

As a 49ers fan I have to disagree. Also I think the Notre Dame struggles after going 12-1 were enough to hurt his chances at NFL positions.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should be clearer, if there's mutual interest. I think a lot of owners/GM's passed on him this time around. He had his Eagles dalliance when he was 12-0. Two so-so seasons and a good but not great one later, and he's not as hot a commodity.

I would like to think he wants to cement his legacy by bringing a NC to ND. He would have had to overcome three bad hires and a lot of institutional hurdles to do so.
I agree I think he wants that NC for ND. He would become a legend if he won one. He is trying to do what U. meyer was scared to do and thats win at ND.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe he has the talent and depth to win it all. We have been knocking on the doorstep of playoffs but injuries have hurt really bad

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing's for certain, if/when Kelly leaves, he will leave it in a much better place than he found it. For the faithful, that probably isn't good enough, but the foundation was so damaged from the Bob Weisingham years, that it should be considered a victory that there is some consistency in the program for whoever inherits it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing's for certain, if/when Kelly leaves, he will leave it in a much better place than he found it. For the faithful, that probably isn't good enough, but the foundation was so damaged from the Bob Weisingham years, that it should be considered a victory that there is some consistency in the program for whoever inherits it.

Pat Fitzgerald?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it but a lot.....

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald played at Northwestern. I don't see him leaving to go anywhere else.

Money talks. So does the opportunity to win National Championships. There's no opportunity at Northwestern

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall happy this happen. I like B. Kelly and I know how it was when we didnt have a good coach. it was rough. As ND Fans we know we will be in the hunt every year.
Some advice Kelly you need to get a better DC.
Too bad they didn't contact Dave Aranda before LSU did.