• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ vs. Nevada

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't be a blowout, Nevada always seems to play up their competition. That being said, they didn't pull away from either of their opponents this season, heading into the game against AZ. I'm just not buying that they are as good as they were last season. All things considered, not a bad non conference schedule for AZ. We won't play any ranked teams, but then again, we aren't playing any FCS schools, either.

I like the balance of the schedule. UNLV isn't very good, but UTSA and Nevada are quality mid-majors. I think the experience of cutting our teeth on those teams will help us work out some kinks before we go and get into conference play coming up. Anu needs some reps, but against at least semi-quality opponents so that he can settle in and get comfortable now, instead of trying to do it in the weeks to come.

Let's put them away and move on to Cal. Hopefully we can help our lot this season and upset a ranked team. I still think we come away with 6-7 wins this year. That's pretty good for having a freshman QB in the Pac 12.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35-28

rover

a player not restricted to a particular position
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is scaring me, offense in the Red Zone is worrisome. They're doing OK against these mid majors but, the PAC is whole different animal. I think the UofA's D is better than UW, WSU, Cal, OSU and UCLA right now but, some of those teams actually have some good rushers. I haven't seen any sign of that from the UofA.
I hope Coach Castell is just holding back and not showing his hand right now. I think a LB, Corner or Safety needs to help the pass rush, that leaves 7 guys back in coverage which should be enough but, so far 8 in coverage hasn't been enough. I saw UTSA throw to the tight-end on 3 consecutive plays, wide open every time.

This could be another close one; 33-24

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ona-kentucky-texas-tech?iadid=NCAAFFront_DL_3

Last edited by a moderator:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevada just punked Washington State. Granted, they are typically the joke of the conference, but they still (I think) technically qualify as a PAC-12 school. So can't take Nevada too lightly. I think it's close too, but I'll take the Cats by 10.

I'm just hoping for a bowl game this year and at least one huge upset like the Oregon game last year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be a blowout but hopefully we win by 10+

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game should have never been that close. Very bad defense from the Cats on Saturday.