• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have not done well drafting OL (see Carpenter and Moffitt), I think we need to find proven guys through FA.

Moffitt was better than Carpenter, wish they would have just said " we messed up" and kept Moffitt. Carp is a big bag of Crap, at least Moffitt tried. Carp is either to stupid or to fat to play well. Maybe Both!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have not done well drafting OL (see Carpenter and Moffitt), I think we need to find proven guys through FA.
At least Okung finally worked out after he got passed looking like he had glass ankles. Still, I believe the draft is always a gamble and I also believe the games are primarily won at the lines, especially with Oline as a power running team, so we need to target linemen often and hope one sticks.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said I believe that the Seahawks should go offensive line in the first round.

That being said the Seahawks may go with the best player available, even if it is not an offensive lineman. That is what they did last year in the 2nd round with Christine Michael despite the fact that he projected as a third string runningback.

If they choose to go with the BPA philosophy there is a strong possibility the Seahawks select ASJ. The Seahawks like to push competition and despite the fact that Miller's cap number drops next year the Seahawks may look to free up some cap space. I would prefer to go with an offensive lineman but ASJ is a possibility if the Seahawks choose to go with the BPA.

IMO Austin Seferian-Jenkins is an elite talent and that comes with no UW bias. I was one of the biggest advocates of not drafting Jake Locker despite being a diehard UW fan. The common comparison is Rob Gronkowski and I think that is a fair comparison. ASJ has the ability to go up for the ball like a WR, amazing body control and great size. He really has no flaws in his game. Some people have Jace Amaro ranked higher but in terms of natural ability I believe that ASJ is a much superior talent. Amaro projects as a good TE at the NFL level but ASJ is much more gifted athletically.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro is intriguing because he's a hybrid WR/TE. But his blocking skills aren't near what ASJ can give you. With no UW bias, I'll state that ASJ could be the next Jimmy Graham. He's that athletic for his size as they both played basketball to.

But Seahawks do have other needs as well at Oline, WR, DT, and with browner gone, depth at CB has become an issue.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D-Lines and pass rushers in the NFC West are too good to ignore O-Line and keeping a TE in to block every play is not really viable.

Our RT and both Guard positions need to be upgraded, and I'm not even counting when Okung goes down 'again'.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say take a OL but I agree with RD. We should look at CB but for a different reason and there is also a negative to that.

I see both browner and WT leaving. Most teams will figure out Maxwell.

The negitive is what Atlanta did with their secondary and their issues this year

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from my research I really like WR Allen Robinson out of Penn State hes a big guy that can not only catch jump balls but also run after the catch kinda like golden tate

Im a fan of austin seferian but we have to take a long look at him there arent any 280 pound TEs in the NFL catching TD passes and if he runs a slow 40 time compared to other TEs in the combine his stock may drop. That DUI charge he got also doesnt help his cause

Someone mentioned TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech which I think he would be one hell of a pass catching TE he looks like a reciever out there. He also has his off the field issue with his credit card abuse scandal which isnt as bad as the DUI

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of drafting...

This is all in hindsight, but if you could go back would any of you guys opt out of doing the Percy Harvin trade and instead draft Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen?

Keenan Allen has been excellent this year going over 1000 yards. He won't amaze you with his measurements or combine numbers but he simply gets open.

Cordarrelle Patterson has been just as explosive if not more explosive this year than Tavon Austin. 6'2 wr with excellent speed and big play ability. He has scored returning kicks, running the ball, and receiving.

I'm still under the belief that Percy when healthy is a better player than both of these guys, but given his injury status would you re-do the deal and opt to draft one of these guys instead?

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Miller's contract begins to become very team friendly and he has done a good job at TE.

The Seahawks offensive line has been pathetic at best, Breno Giacomini and Paul McQuistan both have their contracts expiring at the end of this season and the Seahawks will likely look to upgrade on both spots.

Selecting an offensive lineman in the first round must be a priority. It is obviously not as glorious as picking up a hometown kid like ASJ but it fills a huge need for the Seahawks.

:agree:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trade and insteThis is all in hindsight, but if you could go back would any of you guys opt out of doing the Percy Harvin ad draft Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen?

Keenan Allen has been excellent this year going over 1000 yards. He won't amaze you with his measurements or combine numbers but he simply gets open.

Cordarrelle Patterson has been just as explosive if not more explosive this year than Tavon Austin. 6'2 wr with excellent speed and big play ability. He has scored returning kicks, running the ball, and receiving.

I'm still under the belief that Percy when healthy is a better player than both of these guys, but given his injury status would you re-do the deal and opt to draft one of these guys instead?

Well yeah drafting one of those guys would of been better, but water under the bridge now.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah drafting one of those guys would of been better, but water under the bridge now.

I'm of the other camp. If they had drafted one of them (patterson was my personal choice) then it is unlikely we see the emergence of Jermaine Kearse or Ricardo Lockette and there's even a chance that the coming out of Golden Tate would have been stunted.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like Cordorelle Patterson (really there isn't much to not like) and think he's gonna be a stud for a long time, but I think that by going the route that the Seahawks did has given them a more complete receiving corps, and if Harvin is able to make a go of it in the playoffs, then he'll be playing alongside receivers who are much better now than they were week 1 of this year.

In the end, Harvin has had an impact on the team, just not the one that was invisioned when he was traded for, but we'll have to see how he performs when he does finally get on the field.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is all in hindsight, but if you could go back would any of you guys opt out of doing the Percy Harvin trade and instead draft Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen?

Kennan Allen was a guy I liked a lot before the draft. Due to his PCL injury he did not participate in the combine and due to that injury he ran a 4.71 at his pro day. If not for that he probably would have been a first round pick.

During the draft the only guy I heard the Seahawks rumored to be interested in was Quinton Patton, who the Seahawks decided not to draft and was drafted by the 49ers.

Cordarrelle Patterson was great returning kicks but was okay as a receiver. With his injury concerns I'm starting to rethink how smart of an idea it was to trade for Harvin. Especially when a guy like Josh Gordon could be had. I'm hoping he proves me wrong and plays the entire year next year. He is no doubt one of the most explosive WRs in the NFL but the fact that he only played 15 regular season snaps this year is concerning.

For me actually I feel like the contract is a bigger handicap than the lost picks. Plenty of draft picks don't pan out. Percy Harvin was only 25 when we traded for him and already an explosive player. But the amount of money he will be paid may be a hindrance in the future if he's going to be injured constantly.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a draft guru, but I would guess ASJ is gone by the time we pick.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a draft guru, but I would guess ASJ is gone by the time we pick.

Idk, it typically takes a VERY talented TE with crazy, off the charts measurables to be drafted in the 1st, although you guys will be drafting later.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the other camp. If they had drafted one of them (patterson was my personal choice) then it is unlikely we see the emergence of Jermaine Kearse or Ricardo Lockette and there's even a chance that the coming out of Golden Tate would have been stunted.

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like Cordorelle Patterson (really there isn't much to not like) and think he's gonna be a stud for a long time, but I think that by going the route that the Seahawks did has given them a more complete receiving corps, and if Harvin is able to make a go of it in the playoffs, then he'll be playing alongside receivers who are much better now than they were week 1 of this year.

In the end, Harvin has had an impact on the team, just not the one that was invisioned when he was traded for, but we'll have to see how he performs when he does finally get on the field.

No offense BL, but this is crazy talk. Allen posted 1,000 yards his ROOKIE year. You would rather keep minimal gains (in comparison) from Kearse or Lockette over a rookie throwing down 1,000 yards?!? Worried about fringe players' development that hasn't happened up to this point vs a rookie that is actually living up to his potential is crazy.

I would give my left nut to have Allen on the Niners and was screaming for him during the draft as well. I LOVED our draft but he was the one, IMO, "that got away".

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense BL, but this is crazy talk. Allen posted 1,000 yards his ROOKIE year. You would rather keep minimal gains (in comparison) from Kearse or Lockette over a rookie throwing down 1,000 yards?!? Worried about fringe players' development that hasn't happened up to this point vs a rookie that is actually living up to his potential is crazy.

I would give my left nut to have Allen on the Niners and was screaming for him during the draft as well. I LOVED our draft but he was the one, IMO, "that got away".

No offense, but Allen wouldn't have had a 1000 yards in Seattle. Just wouldn't have happened. To start the season, Allen is most likely behind Rice, Baldwin and Tate, and so it wouldn't have changed much for the first 8 games of the season except that Stephen Williams doesn't break camp with the team. There isn't anything to suggest that Kearse's improvement (which wasn't just minimal) wouldn't have put him higher on the depth chart than Allen. Even if Allen replaces the need of re-adding Lockette (who provided a boost on special teams coverage with Lane), and he gets everything that goes Kearse's way, we're talking about Allen ending the season with 500 yards receiving (as opposed to 430 by Kearse and Lockette) for Seattle.

Besides, Allen went in the third round, so trading for Harvin didn't keep us from drafting him. They drafted Christine Michael in the second. They could have just as easily taken him instead of a third string RB who spent a good portion of the season inactive and only got into 3 games. With that in mind, my post was more about Patterson than Allen.

The trade for Harvin only affected the picks of Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter and Robert Woods, as everyone else would have been there for the Seahawks 2nd round pick had they not traded down to the final pick of the second.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way this offense is structured, it would be really hard for anyone to get 1000 yards. Tate came the closest this year with almost 900, but the Seahawks simply don't throw it enough, and when they do throw it, they tend to spread it around. Even assuming Allen rocketed up the depth chart early in the season, getting to 1000 would have been almost impossible for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this offense is structured, it would be really hard for anyone to get 1000 yards. Tate came the closest this year with almost 900, but the Seahawks simply don't throw it enough, and when they do throw it, they tend to spread it around. Even assuming Allen rocketed up the depth chart early in the season, getting to 1000 would have been almost impossible for him.

True Allen or Patterson would not put the same numbers on the this team, but they would have been cheap, they would of been healthy ( will most likely) and they would have put up better #s then say Rice or Kearse or Harvin(since he couldn't hardly make it to the field).

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Allen or Patterson would not put the same numbers on the this team, but they would have been cheap, they would of been healthy ( will most likely) and they would have put up better #s then say Rice or Kearse or Harvin(since he couldn't hardly make it to the field).

I remember prior to the draft, it was said by Seahawks brass that anyone the team drafted in the 2013 draft would have a difficult time even getting on the roster, much less into a game. And that's pretty much how it has played out with Willson seeing the most action (and making the biggest positive impact) of any of our rookies thanks to the injury to McCoy and Bowie seeing more action than expected thanks to the injuries to our starting offensive linemen. Whether the Hawks had drafted Allen or Patterson, that player would have had to greatly impress the coaching staff to make the final roster because they seemed pretty convinced that their rookies, no matter who they were or what position they played, would have a hard time taking playing time away from the veterans without something like an injury happening to force their hand.