• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auburn Player Ejected in the Spring Game

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Take a look at the video (Sorry I'm not the most savy poster and can't like it directly). If this was a regular season game and a player from my team was ejected for that hit I would be irate. I saw nothing in tha tplay that he should have been flagged for much less ejected. I understand the need to protect players but c'mon.

What do ya'll think?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Take a look at the video (Sorry I'm not the most savy poster and can't like it directly). If this was a regular season game and a player from my team was ejected for that hit I would be irate. I saw nothing in tha tplay that he should have been flagged for much less ejected. I understand the need to protect players but c'mon.

What do ya'll think?

He launched himself above the receivers shoulders. It was unnecessary. Kick him. That is a play were he easily could have made a form tackle.

But what do I know. I am a West coast PAC12 sissy...:2cents:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid fucking barner!!

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He launched himself above the receivers shoulders. It was unnecessary. Kick him. That is a play were he easily could have made a form tackle.

But what do I know. I am a West coast PAC12 sissy...:2cents:

I didn't see it that way. To me it looks like he hit him in the shoulder and calling it a launch was a stretch. Yes he could have made a form tackle, and should have with this being a spring game. But is that how the officials are going to make the call...."Well he could have tackled him softer. We should call that roughing"

But what do I know. I grew up watching the likes of Jack Tatum, Donnie Shell, Ronnie Lott, etc.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 1 bullsht rule gives the refs too much power in deciding the outcome of a game...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it that way. To me it looks like he hit him in the shoulder and calling it a launch was a stretch. Yes he could have made a form tackle, and should have with this being a spring game. But is that how the officials are going to make the call...."Well he could have tackled him softer. We should call that roughing"

But what do I know. I grew up watching the likes of Jack Tatum, Donnie Shell, Ronnie Lott, etc.

ol Tatum was out to take ur head right off ur shoulders. Little b4 my time. But I saw Lott. Raider Nation was at its peak with Tatum roamin the secondary...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mincy lead with his shoulder, looks like he hit him in the shoulder also, so it should not have been a penalty or a ejection in my opinion. I didn't see a helmet to helmet there either, and I wouldn't call that a launch.

bullshit call.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's just refs with a hard on to make that call for the first time.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they take this as an example of what not to do and allow the replay official to look at it more closely before ejecting a player.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they take this as an example of what not to do and allow the replay official to look at it more closely before ejecting a player.

I agree. It should be like a challenge, and should need indisputable evidence before a player can be ejected.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was going to be a bad rule when it was being discussed. This has too much potential to change the outcome of a game based on a subjective call. If they are going to eject players for hits like this during a real game, the game as we know it will be changed. I understand a flag for head hunting, targeting a players head, and launching. I don't understand a flag for a hard hit? Just because a hit is hard, it doesn't make it illegal.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a hit is hard, it doesn't make it illegal.

Unfortunately that is not true anymore.

Welcome to college football 2013.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It should be like a challenge, and should need indisputable evidence before a player can be ejected.

Yes, let's slow the game down even more.

Did you see the sloppy disastrous mess that was the National Championship game?

There was literally no flow. It was one big review fest. It was awful to watch.

Be prepared for more of this. They set the precedent.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It ain't that bad, and it ain't like those type of penalties occur all the time.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, lets not give a damn if the right call is made and the game is won by the best team that day. Lets just make sure it fits nicely into a time slot.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I didn't know you could get ejected from your own spring game. Any chance the coach suspends him for the first half of there opening game?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two things about that video.

On the ejection:
I think the ejection was more so becaue he taunted his own teammate after the hit. Jackass and classless.

On the flag:
He had a pure line of sight to make the tackle but instead of doing that he choose to cheap shot the WR with his forearm so IMO he is a pussy and doesn't want to try and tackle someone so he deserved the flag.

@1:24 gives the best view of the los, the forearm and then the taunt.

Douchebag football 101 right there. go auburn....?

Last edited by a moderator:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but, if it was your defense making that hit on a longhorn WR, you would be pumped.

Should he have made that hit in the spring game? No. However, at some point in the season, that hit would be important. It would send a message to the offense and cause them to think about making the catch. It used to be that way with WRs going over the middle. That has been taken away and now it apppears that the swing pass out to the flat is now protected also.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but, if it was your defense making that hit on a longhorn WR, you would be pumped.

Should he have made that hit in the spring game? No. However, at some point in the season, that hit would be important. It would send a message to the offense and cause them to think about making the catch. It used to be that way with WRs going over the middle. That has been taken away and now it apppears that the swing pass out to the flat is now protected also.

No not really. There is a right way the there is the douchebag way. Fundamentals 101. He had clear LoS to wrap the WR and make a perfect form tackle but be choose to be a lazy cheap shoting sob. His actions is exactly what they are trying to fix in football, the dipshits going for the forearm slams when it should be a tackle. Expect to see tons more of these ejections this year and ill bet the SEC leads the NCAA in them because this type of cheap play is encouraged in that league.

Last edited by a moderator: