• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auburn more likely to win the national title than Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

right. they haven't played a currently ranked team. we don't give la-monroe credit for beating a top 10 arkansas team last year. just as i'm not giving auburn credit for beating a formerly ranked ole miss team this year.

the more data points you have, the more accurate your rankings are.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right. they haven't played a currently ranked team. we don't give la-monroe credit for beating a top 10 arkansas team last year. just as i'm not giving auburn credit for beating a formerly ranked ole miss team this year.

the more data points you have, the more accurate your rankings are.

You say that, but many team SEC fans do count wins over Florida as beating a ranked team "why does ESPN leave the ranking at the time on their site if it doesn't count"

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. i think betting auburn at lower than +400 is insane. but those are the odds. i guess a little bit of that figures that Mizzou has 0 chance of reaching the title game unless either FSU or OSU lose while Auburn has a small chance of breaking in even if they both win.

i guess vegas thinks that of all those teams, auburn is the one best equipped to upset florida state should they play.
-
Its the prop book, so those are the worst lines in Vegas. Including the +4000 on Bama it odds on the 5 teams adds up to almost 129% that 1 of the 5 wins the title. Someone must have gotten Vegas off balance with an earlier Auburn NC bet. These are really bad. Auburn is only a 2 pt favorite over Mizzu, so Vegas isnt showing a ton of faith in Auburn.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that, but many team SEC fans do count wins over Florida as beating a ranked team "why does ESPN leave the ranking at the time on their site if it doesn't count"

i don't know any sane person who thinks beating florida early is counting as a ranked win.

i certainly don't.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone saw arky's defeat.

1-10..........

lol. vacated. 0 wins.

and lol at trying to brag about 1-10.

next time im up in ohio will you please show me the sugar bowl trophy?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locked. Everyone is sick of seeing this type of thread. Go into one of the other ones that contain useless bitching between Auburn & tOSU fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.