• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta, south Florida, and LA to host Super Bowls

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the streak of he home team not winning will continue

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they didn't pick England to host a Bowl.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the streak of he home team not winning will continue

Probably so...but I just pray for no ice storm!

...and a dome that actually works...so far, the engineers have the GC scratching their collective heads on how to get the thing to open and close like it was drawn up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so...but I just pray for no ice storm!

...and a dome that actually works...so far, the engineers have the GC scratching their collective heads on how to get the thing to open and close like it was drawn up.

Will those cheap concession prices carry over to the SB?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised they didn't pick England to host a Bowl.

Me too. Would make sense... Not like the average guy is going to those anyways. Honestly if I was going to attend a SB and save up for a vacation like that, I'd want to make it a real trip and go to London over Atlanta. I guess you would have the income to the US city lost that year to think about...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Would make sense... Not like the average guy is going to those anyways. Honestly if I was going to attend a SB and save up for a vacation like that, I'd want to make it a real trip and go to London over Atlanta. I guess you would have the income to the US city lost that year to think about...

London in February? No thanks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will those cheap concession prices carry over to the SB?

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict...NO!

But Augusta stays the same from practice rounds to the badge days, so maybe...I have to think they put the squeeze on the suppliers to bring those prices down to get the stadium contract.

A former neighbor of mine was in sales for a bakery and they got the McDonalds account for the apple pies and biscuits...to get the account they gave them a super deal on the pies to support a promo price (they used to be 2 for $1).

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London in February? No thanks.

Average high of 50? Perfect for football... Unless you are from Socal..

Figure Dallas' average low in Feb is 39, London is 40. London has less rain that month than Dallas.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average high of 50? Perfect for football... Unless you are from Socal..

Figure Dallas' average low in Feb is 39, London is 40. London has less rain that month than Dallas.

Fair enough. My vote would be to only have the SB in warm weather climates & at the very least if it is in a colder city it needs to be a domed stadium. Most fans are going to have to shell out $10k minimum for the experience - they might as well enjoy the experience in a place like New Orleans, California or Florida.

The Dallas comparison is not necessarily a good one - remember all of the weather issues they had when they hosted the SB (not for the game but elsewhere).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict...NO!

But Augusta stays the same from practice rounds to the badge days, so maybe...I have to think they put the squeeze on the suppliers to bring those prices down to get the stadium contract.

A former neighbor of mine was in sales for a bakery and they got the McDonalds account for the apple pies and biscuits...to get the account they gave them a super deal on the pies to support a promo price (they used to be 2 for $1).

I know - I was just kidding. Good info @ the concession business. I am in Alabama now so this may be the once in a lifetime SB for me to consider. Oh well - I have a few years to think about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know - I was just kidding. Good info @ the concession business. I am in Alabama now so this may be the once in a lifetime SB for me to consider. Oh well - I have a few years to think about it.

Bama...Man...maybe you have already, when you get settled you have to hit the RTJ trail...Grand National is my favorite. Affordable top notch golf....the Montgomery and Ross Bridge tracks are a little more pricey.

I actually left town for the Rams-Titans SB here and missed the ice storm...went to FL and played golf...working for a big company I actually had tickets (free) to the Raiders/Redskins SB in Tampa...sold them and made a small fortune...I guess I took it for granted thinking we'd get them again...I was working in NY when the Steelers played SEA in DET...I so badly wanted tickets to that one and none were forth coming...my boss got a pair and he flew out.

These days...I'm not that gungho about being at the SB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama...Man...maybe you have already, when you get settled you have to hit the RTJ trail...Grand National is my favorite. Affordable top notch golf....the Montgomery and Ross Bridge tracks are a little more pricey.

I actually left town for the Rams-Titans SB here and missed the ice storm...went to FL and played golf...working for a big company I actually had tickets (free) to the Raiders/Redskins SB in Tampa...sold them and made a small fortune...I guess I took it for granted thinking we'd get them again...I was working in NY when the Steelers played SEA in DET...I so badly wanted tickets to that one and none were forth coming...my boss got a pair and he flew out.

These days...I'm not that gungho about being at the SB.

Ugh - please don't remind me @ that Redskins-Raiders SB. Anyhow - yep some of those courses are not that far away. Have not played them yet but will in the next few months. Won't really mind if it gets a bit hot during that time.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. My vote would be to only have the SB in warm weather climates & at the very least if it is in a colder city it needs to be a domed stadium. Most fans are going to have to shell out $10k minimum for the experience - they might as well enjoy the experience in a place like New Orleans, California or Florida.

The Dallas comparison is not necessarily a good one - remember all of the weather issues they had when they hosted the SB (not for the game but elsewhere).

Yeah I thought the rain would be an issue, but 1.5 inches that month isn't bad... And I think anywhere you can find a bad day to host a SB... But figure LA Feb average low is 46. London 40.

I'm with you on the best warm locations.. I've always been ok with the thought NO, LA, and Miami should just rotate. But if I was going to go to one, and this is me personally, heck yeah make it a destination game. I've already visited or lived in all the big American cities. If I could spend a SB week somewhere, London sounds pretty cool.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh - please don't remind me @ that Redskins-Raiders SB. Anyhow - yep some of those courses are not that far away. Have not played them yet but will in the next few months. Won't really mind if it gets a bit hot during that time.

Ooops...sry about that....it wasn't pretty...a WAS fan actually bought my tix.

We've played Grand National in July but we were younger and foolish...36 a day...it was brutal in the afternoon but if you start by 8, it won't be too bad.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooops...sry about that....it wasn't pretty...a WAS fan actually bought my tix.

We've played Grand National in July but we were younger and foolish...36 a day...it was brutal in the afternoon but if you start by 8, it won't be too bad.

Ah - I will deal with it. I vacation a lot in Myrtle Beach (to include this year) in July or August & can deal with the heat & humidity - to a pt. California golfing was so much more pleasant although much more expensive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah - I will deal with it. I vacation a lot in Myrtle Beach (to include this year) in July or August & can deal with the heat & humidity - to a pt. California golfing was so much more pleasant although much more expensive.

You hit the key ingredient...humidity.

Better man than me.

I can handle 90 deg temps, but this GA humidity with the 90 deg temps will sap you...by hole 14 or 15...hard to stay focused. FL is worse. We've done the MB golf trip twice...the air is a little thicker there in summer as well. and we got zero breeze.

LY I played with some guys down from BOS in JUL...they were hanging in there pretty good until about the 15th hole...they thought I was superman or something, I don't think it even hit 90 that day.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the key ingredient...humidity.

Better man than me.

I can handle 90 deg temps, but this GA humidity with the 90 deg temps will sap you...by hole 14 or 15...hard to stay focused. FL is worse. We've done the MB golf trip twice...the air is a little thicker there in summer as well. and we got zero breeze.

LY I played with some guys down from BOS in JUL...they were hanging in there pretty good until about the 15th hole...they thought I was superman or something, I don't think it even hit 90 that day.
That's why the old timers go early for a round. I don't mind the heat if I have a cart but walking will definitely sap me in those conditions. We get a lot of humidity in Wisconsin too surprisingly.