• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Atlanta Association" In Winnipeg Not Getting It Done?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A number of teams? This season, there are very few teams with goaltending issues - the only teams that have true goalie issues are the Islanders, Edmonton and Calgary - Buffalo will probably have one once they trade Ryan Miller but that is it - a lot of other teams are pretty much set with their goalies or at least have good goalies - the Jets are one of the few teams that has a starter who pretty much plays all their games and is average at best - a lot of other teams have two goalie tandems - Jets are average because of an average goalie - if they had a two goalie tandem or at least a goalie better than Pavelec, they might be a playoff team - they are not that bad in front of him, they have a good solid forward group and their defense is STACKED - I can see the case for maybe adding another center to that team but other than that they're not starving for goals up front or for help on defense - it comes down to goaltending for them and he's flat out mediocre

Craig Anderson has been sub-par this year, FWIW.

Also, blame the Jets' woes on Pavelec's 0.914 SV% all you want but their center depth is:

Little (a good number 2 C)
Jokinen (yuck)
Schiefele (an extremely overwhelmed rookie getting too much icetime)
Slater/Pardy? (ummm, not good)

That is seriously lacking. Meanwhile Pavelec stops a higher percentage of shots than Mike Smith, Jimmy Howard, Corey Crawford, Jonas Hiller and Jonathan Quick. He's within .001 % of Jaroslav Halak and Antti Niemi.

If I'm addressing a need on the Jets I know where I'd look first.