• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Atlanta Association" In Winnipeg Not Getting It Done?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets' clique too soft on themselves - Winnipeg Free Press

I'm shocked Evander Kane wasn't mentioned, or Ondrej Pavelec - those five guys that were mentioned may not be the best leaders but they put up points and goals when all is set and done - their issue is goaltending like I've said for a while now - Pavelec is a fraud, he's kept them from being a playoff team and they have no backup to push him - if they had a good goaltender they would have been a playoff team one of the last two seasons

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm shocked Evander Kane wasn't mentioned, or Ondrej Pavelec - those five guys that were mentioned may not be the best leaders but they put up points and goals when all is set and done - their issue is goaltending like I've said for a while now - Pavelec is a fraud, he's kept them from being a playoff team and they have no backup to push him - if they had a good goaltender they would have been a playoff team one of the last two seasons

I admittedly don't watch the Jets very often but Pavelec's basic numbers so far this year don't look bad, .917 SV% is better than average.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly don't watch the Jets very often but Pavelec's basic numbers so far this year don't look bad, .917 SV% is better than average.

He's very inconsistent - he'll have one great game and then shit the bed the next game - Jets had a shot at making the playoffs in both of their first two seasons in Winnipeg and Pavelec was awful when they needed him to be good - the only reason he gets a lot of starts is because they don't have a capable backup that can push him - he's not good enough to lead them - imagine if they had, let's say, Ryan Miller - you would have to think that would push them into the playoffs, or at least give them a much better shot?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Pavs is inconsistent, but he hasn't been that bad at all this year. He's won them games and he's also lost some games. They need to consistently score and some guys on defense need to step up. Having Kane out hurts them more than people think. But guys like Little and Wheeler need to step up, especially after getting their big contracts.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Little was playing pretty well so far leading the team in scoring? But the lack of secondary scoring can hurt a team like this.

Still think Byfuglien is killing the defense in his own end and Bogosian looked good before he got hurt. He needs to stay healthy, if not that contract will kill them also.

So for the fun of it I went out and looks the stats I see Tangradi is at his career high season goal total of 1 already.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very inconsistent - he'll have one great game and then shit the bed the next game - Jets had a shot at making the playoffs in both of their first two seasons in Winnipeg and Pavelec was awful when they needed him to be good - the only reason he gets a lot of starts is because they don't have a capable backup that can push him - he's not good enough to lead them - imagine if they had, let's say, Ryan Miller - you would have to think that would push them into the playoffs, or at least give them a much better shot?

My point is simply that holding a guy responsible for the team's bad record this year who has performed better than average this year seems a little wrong-headed. I'm not arguing for Pavelec's overall performance or suggesting that he'll keep it up and that this year's stats tell a better story than your eyes or his overall history, I'm simply saying that so far this year it seems like there have been bigger problems than the goaltending.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch a lot of the Jets and I think Pavelec is very average as a starting goalie, mainly due to his inconsistency. I do not think of him as THE problem or even the biggest problem. I'm not sure what their problem is. The whole team is up and down at times, often in the same game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before on this board, but I think they need to get rid of Noel as head coach. I also think that Cheveldayoff hasn't been as aggressive in making personnel changes as he needs to be. They have some good talent on the Jets, but they can't put it together on a consistent basis.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before on this board, but I think they need to get rid of Noel as head coach. I also think that Cheveldayoff hasn't been as aggressive in making personnel changes as he needs to be. They have some good talent on the Jets, but they can't put it together on a consistent basis.

Fire him and hire Lavliolette, he should be back coaching in the NHL. Heard the Isles will make him an offer if/when Capuano is fired and that should be soon I would imagine.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noel oversaw the country club here in Columbus where a bunch of pretty talented guys couldn't get it done.

He might be a great assistant and x'es and o's guy, but he simply does not have the stones to hold players accountable as the lead guy. He just doesn't.

Pavelic has great instincts, but he doesn't know which D is going to show up for him. Makes it hard to prepare.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was supposed to be Chevy's team, his own team, but at least half of that team was still from Atlanta - it's not like they're a terrible team and rebuilding, they're a middling team that could be a playoff team if he pulled the trigger on a trade

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Pavelec as the problem whatsoever. He's a middle of the pack goalie.

IMO the problem with the Jets (outside perhaps coaching) is down the middle. They need more talent at center.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Pavelec as the problem whatsoever. He's a middle of the pack goalie.

IMO the problem with the Jets (outside perhaps coaching) is down the middle. They need more talent at center.

Middle of the pack goalie doesn't cut it, in a conference that is at least 10 deep in competition - also, considering how well so many goaltenders have played this season, his play compared to a lot of others is pedestrian

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle of the pack goalie doesn't cut it, in a conference that is at least 10 deep in competition - also, considering how well so many goaltenders have played this season, his play compared to a lot of others is pedestrian

I agree that it's tough to win a Stanley Cup with roughly average performance from your goaltender, but it's probably even tougher to win one with below average performance from the rest of the roster.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we all know that Pavs was not going to be an elite goalie in this league. He was expected to be a middle of the pack goalie, not Lundqvist/Quick.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A number of teams have goaltending issues. I think the biggest issue in Winnipeg is Cheveldayoff or ownership simply have the philosophy that they're going to build the team from within. They did nothing at the deadline last year when the Canadian media was begging for a deal because they were in the playoff chase. At some point we're going to find out if Cheveldayoff is a legit GM. Right now we really don't know.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A number of teams have goaltending issues. I think the biggest issue in Winnipeg is Cheveldayoff or ownership simply have the philosophy that they're going to build the team from within. They did nothing at the deadline last year when the Canadian media was begging for a deal because they were in the playoff chase. At some point we're going to find out if Cheveldayoff is a legit GM. Right now we really don't know.

A number of teams? This season, there are very few teams with goaltending issues - the only teams that have true goalie issues are the Islanders, Edmonton and Calgary - Buffalo will probably have one once they trade Ryan Miller but that is it - a lot of other teams are pretty much set with their goalies or at least have good goalies - the Jets are one of the few teams that has a starter who pretty much plays all their games and is average at best - a lot of other teams have two goalie tandems - Jets are average because of an average goalie - if they had a two goalie tandem or at least a goalie better than Pavelec, they might be a playoff team - they are not that bad in front of him, they have a good solid forward group and their defense is STACKED - I can see the case for maybe adding another center to that team but other than that they're not starving for goals up front or for help on defense - it comes down to goaltending for them and he's flat out mediocre

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we all know that Pavs was not going to be an elite goalie in this league. He was expected to be a middle of the pack goalie, not Lundqvist/Quick.

Well isn't that the Jets fault for not evaluating well enough? Is that an excuse to make it seem like they need more help in front of him? They shouldn't need more help in front of him, if they need more help in front of him then most likely he isn't good enough because he can't win games on his own

There are plenty of goalies in this league that can single handedly win games for their teams - Pavelec doesn't do that, I can't remember a time he has ever consistently done that for them

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A number of teams? This season, there are very few teams with goaltending issues - the only teams that have true goalie issues are the Islanders, Edmonton and Calgary - Buffalo will probably have one once they trade Ryan Miller but that is it - a lot of other teams are pretty much set with their goalies or at least have good goalies - the Jets are one of the few teams that has a starter who pretty much plays all their games and is average at best - a lot of other teams have two goalie tandems - Jets are average because of an average goalie - if they had a two goalie tandem or at least a goalie better than Pavelec, they might be a playoff team - they are not that bad in front of him, they have a good solid forward group and their defense is STACKED - I can see the case for maybe adding another center to that team but other than that they're not starving for goals up front or for help on defense - it comes down to goaltending for them and he's flat out mediocre

Philly says hello. I'm sure Florida could use some help as well. I don't know what it is, but I just think something is missing on the Jets. I like Ladd and Kane. Little has developed into a pretty good player to. The defense is solid. I guess I don't view Pavelec as bad as you do. I view Pavelec as a streaky goaltender.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly says hello. I'm sure Florida could use some help as well. I don't know what it is, but I just think something is missing on the Jets. I like Ladd and Kane. Little has developed into a pretty good player to. The defense is solid. I guess I don't view Pavelec as bad as you do. I view Pavelec as a streaky goaltender.

lol what in the actual fuck? Steve Mason has played tremendous this season, get your head out of your ass and start watching some good goaltenders for once, since you don't have any on Long Island