• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ATL game just got alot tougher

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Bryant and Max Unger are out Sunday due to concussions still.With the run defense crappy the past two games and the O line still crappy, I have a feeling this is gonna be tough.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the D can come up with a few turnovers and Russell and Lynch can churn out enough plays to get this one in the win column. I agree, this is going to be a tough game, I don't care what Atlanta's record is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of Red Bryant, when is that guy a free agent? Just curious. :whistle:

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not matter. No excuses. Next man up. ATL is ranked dead last in the NFL is rushing offense. Steven Jackson is a shell of his former self. If we can't hold the Falcons to under 100 yards rushing, there is no hope for the run D. Julio Jones is out and Roddy White has missed significant time this season and will not be 100% for this Sunday's game. The Falcons defense is porous and hasn't generated much of a pass rush all season. We will also have the extra motivation of last year's playoff loss fresh in our minds.

I fully expect the Hawks to come out guns blazing and to win this game. Hawks win 27-17.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost don't want to watch the first half given how those have been going lately. Gonna be a long day ( once again) if the offense can't keep possession and the defense doesn't come up with third down stops. I'm gonna flip my shit if I see Bevel running empty set on third down 90% of the time as usual with this beat up o-line.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be a close game, but lately the Seahawks have made games more exciting than I thought they would be. If Seahawks take care of business, they should win handily (say 31 -13).

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Unger is an All Pro and there is no replacing him. I do feel like Lemuel is a quality backup and when we had issues during Ungers absence, I dont really feel like it was due to Lemuels play. More so the other 4 guys, but we wont get into that.
Not having Bryant is tough, especially with our struggles lately vs the run. However plugging in Michael Bennett to that spot should improve the pass rush. Against a team like Atlanta I think the pass rush should be more important then the run D.

This is still a huge game and we should be getting a lot of bodies back next week. If we can get through this game I think we should be set up nicely with 4 of our final 6 at home at close to full strength.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be a close game, but lately the Seahawks have made games more exciting than I thought they would be. If Seahawks take care of business, they should win handily (say 31 -13).

And I am guessing the Niners should also take care of business rather easily as well. Lots of rest from the bye week, Manningham back, Panthers traveling and played a tough game last week. Niners 45, Panthers 10.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am guessing the Niners should also take care of business rather easily as well. Lots of rest from the bye week, Manningham back, Panthers traveling and played a tough game last week. Niners 45, Panthers 10.

Because of the advantages you mentioned and because we are the better team on paper, I do expect the Niners to win, but not 45-10. I think that the Panthers are playing too good right now for a final score like that to happen. I'm thinking more like a 7 to 10 point margin of victory. 28-21, 27-17, or something like that.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both games will be close and within 7 points

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I like about watching pro football. Most of the games are competitive. I get bored sometimes on Saturday watching college football. I used to like college football a lot, but I haven't gotten too excited about a college football game in quite some time. Maybe because SEC domination has made things very boring the last few years. Those boys in the South are just too damn good right now.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the advantages you mentioned and because we are the better team on paper, I do expect the Niners to win, but not 45-10. I think that the Panthers are playing too good right now for a final score like that to happen. I'm thinking more like a 7 to 10 point margin of victory. 28-21, 27-17, or something like that.

I don't know. If you don't win by at least 14 - 20 points I would be shocked. Cam makes mistakes and he hasn't faced your Defense which is one of the best in the league. It seems you are back to power football as well. Honestly, I think the Niners are the team to beat in the NFC right now. Mainly because our team is riddled with injuries. We are a close second, but the schedule you played early on was pretty brutal and like us, you are getting players back every week.

I also doubt we can pull off a large victory against the Falcons. On the road, early start, missing 4 of the 5 starters on O-Line and the one guy that did start the year is a guy who played D-line in college and has limited experience. Roddy White may be back which would help them dramatically so we can't just double Gonzalez and jam the box. If we win, I think it will be within 10 and may need another comeback.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not honestly be surprised if Carolina wins a close one at SF. The Panthers front is insane and they are only giving up 13 points a game. I think they are going to try to make CK beat them with his arm.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't look past Carolina. We got a lot of flack for not blowing them out in their house for the season opener but now they're 5-3 The defense is rock solid, and Cam's playing well. I think that SF's going to have some problems. I'm not trying to bash them, but SF's been able to cruise without asking too much of Kap lately. I don't think that's going to work for them Sunday and he's going to have to have a solid game with some volume if they're going to win. This isn't the old Carolina team anymore.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think people realize what a good road win that was in week 1. People thought we played bad because we only won 12-7. Our O-line was full strength at that point and their front 7 still caused major problems. Cam's leadership and decesion making is what will make or break them. If he plays well then I really think they are 10-6 playoff team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So were gonna be missing our best run stopper on D … 3 of our best starters on our offensive line… Gut check time… Seahawks are gonna need to grind this one out … I think we can but these injuries are just not letting us put things together right now… I"m hoping the injury bug ends soon…

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks losing Bryant is not a big deal? The guy is a total bum that has one skill and he isnt even that good at it. He was getting pushed around against Tampa and looked God awful last year against Atlanta.

I would not be surprised to see our run D look much improved this week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This a game where we need to get out to a fast start and control the tempo on the ground. Falcons are banged up but matt ryan is still a good QB and Roddy White and Tony G are still good players so this isn't going to be an easy game by any stretch. Oh, and run the damn ball on the 1 for a TD would be nice too. I think the Hawks win this one 30-20.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thinks losing Bryant is not a big deal? The guy is a total bum that has one skill and he isnt even that good at it. He was getting pushed around against Tampa and looked God awful last year against Atlanta.

I would not be surprised to see our run D look much improved this week.

Even if Red was getting pushed around, you don't give up 200+ yards rushing unless you're tackling poorly at all levels of your defense. It is the job of the linebackers and safeties on running plays to take care of any runs that get by the defensive line and for the last two weeks, they haven't been particularly good at it until the opponent gets into the redzone. If the run defense improves in his absence, I wouldn't attribute it all to the fact that he wasn't in there. If the run defense improves in his absence, I would think it would have more to do with the guys on the second and third levels tackling better. The Seahawks have missed a bunch of tackles the last two weeks and although I have no stats to back it up, it seems like most of them came against the run. Sure, you'd like for runs to be stopped at the line before they have a chance to even get going, but it's up to the linebackers and safeties to make sure that those runs that do get past the line don't go for big chunks of yards.