• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Athlon Sports: Ranking All 130 College Football Teams for 2017

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not have much of a choice this year

normally we can snake our way into a bowl against a power 5 school, but we might not be good enough to manage that this year

I think you'd have to go 7-5 or worse to be forced into that game. Seems unlikely.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'd have to go 7-5 or worse to be forced into that game. Seems unlikely.

I actually feel optimistic thinking we can go 8-4 this year.

Washington State is going to beat us, so is BYU. We are incapable of beating Air Force.

Then there's games @ San Diego State, home against Wyoming, @ Colorado State that will be tough conferences games.

Our whole non-conference schedule is tough in fact, Troy nearly beat Clemson and is the best team in the Sun Belt potentially, and we host Virginia who can't possibly suck as bad as they did last year.

We also play @ Utah State who beat us badly the last time we played them on the road, and host New Mexico who beat us in our place last time we hosted them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right not I am just paying attention to 2018. Currently the #12 ranked class and that might just do the trick for turning the ship around as far as just getting to a bowl. Would be nice to fill the vacuum Baylor left in the conference. But that's daydreamy.
I think your jayhawks are going to surprise several teams this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your jayhawks are going to surprise several teams this year.
I sure hope so. I have extremely modest expectations for them but the program is moving in the right direction for the first time since the Mangino days, imo. I'd be extremely happy to see even 4 wins for instance.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Deep Creek
What do you think about being Lincoln Riley's first game ever at Norman to open the season.
It won't matter whether it is his first or not. You'll kill us. Supposedly we had some injuries in spring ball and in typical fashion, don't have any depth at all.

Offensively, our QB couldn't throw it in the ocean if he was standing on the dock. We do have a pretty good 0-line returning but our RB was the only guy we had drafted. We'll try our typcial (and easily predictable) run, run, throw on third and long and then get the punt blocked.

Defensively, we won't come close to tackling Baker when he gets to the open field.

Me thinks it'll be whatever Riley wants it to be. But, he's a Muleshoe kid so he's good folk. Will probably take it easy on us. Get a look at some guys he may need later.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. I have extremely modest expectations for them but the program is moving in the right direction for the first time since the Mangino days, imo. I'd be extremely happy to see even 4 wins for instance.
I know you've guys have struggled but I think you are trending up. I'm betting the cellar will be between Tech, Iowa State and Baylor. I say you guys win two of those three...but, what the hell do I know. I just know you looked a hell of a lot better than your record and it looks like the talent level is improving.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defensively, we won't come close to tackling Baker when he gets to the open field.

Have you considered recruiting from the Arkansas police department?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right not I am just paying attention to 2018. Currently the #12 ranked class and that might just do the trick for turning the ship around as far as just getting to a bowl. Would be nice to fill the vacuum Baylor left in the conference. But that's daydreamy.

All kidding aside, Kansas is getting better. I believe you got a pretty good coach there, give him some time.