• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ASU @ AZ

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ean_iD.gif

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cannot wait for this and future beat downs.
Sun Devil Stadium Fly-Through - TheSunDevils.com

AD: Yeah, let's dumps some more money into the football stadium, even though we haven't really won anything of measurable success to justify such grand expenditures ($210 million).

Bosters: Well then, let's show us holding up the T-Cup in the promo video, because maybe we'll just get all hyped up on beating AZ, that it'll pass for success. What about the trophy for winning the Pac South?

AD: There's no trophy for that, but we can hang a banner.

Bosters: Sounds good enough. Oh, but we have to cut seating, we rarely sell out; and if we cut seating, then it will give the perception that we have more fans.

AD: Great idea.

Congrats on being the first school that spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to cut seating, just so you can add some more gizmos that adds enjoyment to the experience (because obviously ASU football is not enjoyable enough, alone).

:laugh3:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tougher in this market.....

AD: Yeah, let's dumps some more money into the football stadium, even though we haven't really won anything of measurable success to justify such grand expenditures ($210 million).

Bosters: Well then, let's show us holding up the T-Cup in the promo video, because maybe we'll just get all hyped up on beating AZ, that it'll pass for success. What about the trophy for winning the Pac South?

AD: There's no trophy for that, but we can hang a banner.

Bosters: Sounds good enough. Oh, but we have to cut seating, we rarely sell out; and if we cut seating, then it will give the perception that we have more fans.

AD: Great idea.

Congrats on being the first school that spent hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to cut seating, just so you can add some more gizmos that adds enjoyment to the experience (because obviously ASU football is not enjoyable enough, alone).

There are 4 other sports teams in az cut seating and demand will go up. All im saying is look at how good Suns fans use to be even in a mediocore season only professional sports team to see during 68- mid 90s.Portland is the same, Thunder has best fans? Ha more like only team to see n follow. Add to the fact that were a commute college. Uofa is tucked away in Tucson where there is a nice little town of old folks, teenagers growing up there, with a 2 hour drive to phx there is no chose between Coyotes season tix or UA football tix because its just 2 far for Uofa students, alummni, and Tucson natives to make the trip down for a Yotes game nightly its just convenient for Tucson natives or alumms to watch Uofa play its right next door.

Still no excuse but I heard back in 70s and 80s Wells Fargo Arena would fill up nicely not a sell out but yea....... In 2011 if the cardinals were locked out from NFL you would of seen sellouts at sundevil stadium and you can take that 2 the bank, just like Toronto Raptors during the NHL lockout hockey town has only one choice to watch the 2nd fiddle raptors compared to the mapple leafs. As Az is young its developing fan bases for all sports Dbacks need to cut seating, and other az sports teams. Sun Devil Stadium has no leg room, very dated bathrooms, and horrible traffic flow not easy for alot of people to stand.

If we were really a football school we would sellout you should see the checkbooks of fans who have season tickets for half of the professional Az sports teams....... It looks like they be broke.

Last edited by a moderator:

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta love the logic... UofA vs asu basketball game board for a contest that is taking place tomorrow... so Fork decides his best bet to involve himself in the conversation is to post a concept-video for sundevil football.

Amazing.

and you guys post videos of old "fights" and flagrant fouls.

Amazing.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea!

Ohhh the good ole' ESPN days.

Yea !!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong UA basketball sold out even in that mini rebuilding year. You guys have an established blue blood program. Asu football hasnt established itself. Even if this is a bandwagon city you think if Asu ball had better history there would be die hard loyal fans? Yea UA ball deserves sellouts.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong UA basketball sold out even in that mini rebuilding year. You guys have an established blue blood program. Asu football hasnt established itself. Even if this is a bandwagon city you think if Asu ball had better history there would be die hard loyal fans? Yea UA ball deserves sellouts.

AZ is no blueblood, but we are established. I just think that driving up demand would have to be based on selling out. If there are 8,000 open seats, and you cut 4,000, there are still 4,000 open seats, so demand has not really risen. ASU would have to sell out before there is the demand. But hey, maybe all the new bells and whistles will put more fans in the stands!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ is no blueblood, but we are established. I just think that driving up demand would have to be based on selling out. If there are 8,000 open seats, and you cut 4,000, there are still 4,000 open seats, so demand has not really risen. ASU would have to sell out before there is the demand. But hey, maybe all the new bells and whistles will put more fans in the stands!

And a great young coach, it was to hot 4 sum old folks. The key is to keep everyone cool.

rover

a player not restricted to a particular position
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asu_jordan_bachynski_arizona_state-flex.jpg

2czo54w.jpg

Brought to you by: "desertdink" at PGU.com

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rover are you desertdink at PGU?

i laughed so hard at work the other day when i saw that

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 other sports teams in az cut seating and demand will go up. All im saying is look at how good Suns fans use to be even in a mediocore season only professional sports team to see during 68- mid 90s.Portland is the same, Thunder has best fans? Ha more like only team to see n follow. Add to the fact that were a commute college. Uofa is tucked away in Tucson where there is a nice little town of old folks, teenagers growing up there, with a 2 hour drive to phx there is no chose between Coyotes season tix or UA football tix because its just 2 far for Uofa students, alummni, and Tucson natives to make the trip down for a Yotes game nightly its just convenient for Tucson natives or alumms to watch Uofa play its right next door.

Still no excuse but I heard back in 70s and 80s Wells Fargo Arena would fill up nicely not a sell out but yea....... In 2011 if the cardinals were locked out from NFL you would of seen sellouts at sundevil stadium and you can take that 2 the bank, just like Toronto Raptors during the NHL lockout hockey town has only one choice to watch the 2nd fiddle raptors compared to the mapple leafs. As Az is young its developing fan bases for all sports Dbacks need to cut seating, and other az sports teams. Sun Devil Stadium has no leg room, very dated bathrooms, and horrible traffic flow not easy for alot of people to stand.

If we were really a football school we would sellout you should see the checkbooks of fans who have season tickets for half of the professional Az sports teams....... It looks like they be broke.

The Suns are 12th in attendance the past 10 years... don't ever compare Suns fans to Scumdevil basketball fans.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys don't get the trend of decreasing seating capacity. ASU will generate more revenue with luxury seats. Also, I got to Coyote, Cardinal, Dbacks and Sun Devil games. I am a busy man Sting.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucson

Shit I would go to UOFA games if I lived in Tucson. Nothing else to do in that hell hole of a place. At least there is AC and hot dogs.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to a party on campus next time then.

I cant wait for college man! But I would never go to Tucson unless I held my breath....... ASU 4 LIFE!

Unless there was a party with 100 bitches drunk off there ass....

Last edited by a moderator: