• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Rogue and Unity the same game? Are either of them worthy of a play?

I've read that Rogue is a fairly solid game but that Unity was a broken mess.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Rogue and Unity the same game? Are either of them worthy of a play?
They are not the same. Rogue is a spinoff of Black Flag. If you liked Black Flag then definitely play Rogue over Unity. Unity was a waste of time IMO. Like I said in a post prior to this, if you want to stick with the lineage then at least watch the Unity gameplay cinematics through youtube. Basically like watching the highlights or reading the cliff notes lol.

As for Rogue... I played it and enjoyed it. The main story is short, but still really good. The gameplay itself is mostly the same as BF, but the feeling of it is different because you're helping the Templars and their cause instead of the usual pro-Assassin campaigns. They tie in multiple previous characters to the story which was pretty cool to see. I'd recommend it!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't picked it up yet... I think todays the day though

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know somebody who purchased it. Played it a bit at his place and it did not impress me. Granted I only played for a few hours but it didn't look like enough of a step up from Unity to persuade me to buy it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont plan on getting this one until the price hits $20. AC is no longer "Opening Day" material.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally picked this up last week for a discounted price (35 bucks). Here are my impressions so far but keep in mind I'm only 50% of the way through the game:

-Storywise its pretty lacking. I expected the present day stuff to be bland since they abandoned a lot of that stuff in AC3 and it is. You're looking for the Shroud of Turin but so far they are very vague about why and really, pretty vauge about why Templars and Assassins are still fighting each other considering the story use to be about them getting control of whatever mystical force was gonna happen in the older games that led to 2012.

The historical story is pretty weak as well. So far its just "This Templar dude has control of London. Let's take it from him" with next to zero character development.

-Graphics wise, it looks pretty damn good and I haven't had any broken game moments where things load incorrectly like I had in AC3 (and apparently Unity was terrible for this).

-Gameplay is pretty solid. Motions and controls are fluid for the most part. However, the controls get janky at times. Like the characters will climb up shit you told them not to and its a pain in the ass to get them to stop. The drop button works like shit at times too. Like I'll press it and the character gets dangles there doing nothing or starts climbing on something else. It's not as bad as AC3 was at times but it happens more often than it should.

-Level design is pretty solid but halfway through a lot of it is getting repetitive. I like to do all the side missions will doing the main story but the result is my character is basically fully leveled up halfway through the game. The result is no enemy really presents a challenge. But even if it did, the levels have gotten repetitive enough that you've seen the jist of everything before so there isn't anything to challenge you anyway. The plus side is none of the levels are broken or have a really poor design. AC3 had a few like that sucked so bad you just wanted to break your controller for how stupid it was.

Overall I'd give the game like a 7 out 10. Maybe 7.5. It's decent and worth playing for awhile, but its not close to the older Ezio games but its definitely better than AC3.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally picked this up last week for a discounted price (35 bucks). Here are my impressions so far but keep in mind I'm only 50% of the way through the game:

-Storywise its pretty lacking. I expected the present day stuff to be bland since they abandoned a lot of that stuff in AC3 and it is. You're looking for the Shroud of Turin but so far they are very vague about why and really, pretty vauge about why Templars and Assassins are still fighting each other considering the story use to be about them getting control of whatever mystical force was gonna happen in the older games that led to 2012.

The historical story is pretty weak as well. So far its just "This Templar dude has control of London. Let's take it from him" with next to zero character development.

-Graphics wise, it looks pretty damn good and I haven't had any broken game moments where things load incorrectly like I had in AC3 (and apparently Unity was terrible for this).

-Gameplay is pretty solid. Motions and controls are fluid for the most part. However, the controls get janky at times. Like the characters will climb up shit you told them not to and its a pain in the ass to get them to stop. The drop button works like shit at times too. Like I'll press it and the character gets dangles there doing nothing or starts climbing on something else. It's not as bad as AC3 was at times but it happens more often than it should.

-Level design is pretty solid but halfway through a lot of it is getting repetitive. I like to do all the side missions will doing the main story but the result is my character is basically fully leveled up halfway through the game. The result is no enemy really presents a challenge. But even if it did, the levels have gotten repetitive enough that you've seen the jist of everything before so there isn't anything to challenge you anyway. The plus side is none of the levels are broken or have a really poor design. AC3 had a few like that sucked so bad you just wanted to break your controller for how stupid it was.

Overall I'd give the game like a 7 out 10. Maybe 7.5. It's decent and worth playing for awhile, but its not close to the older Ezio games but its definitely better than AC3.
Gotta agree with all the above...

Storyline, both past & present don't seem very well thought out. Its by far better than Unity though, so I can't complain too much. I just don't like how they threw these new twin characters at us without explaining their backstory. Every character to date has a well thought out development.

Graphics are the tits. I play on a 70" 4k UHD so its immaculate. So far I have only ran into one glitch moment. During one of the train cutscenes the Assassin' named Green disappeared but you could still see the camera focusing on where he should be, and his dialogue was still playing lol.

Gameplay is pretty cool. Its very ridiculous that you can zipline just about anywhere (without a consumable resource) no matter the angle, but its still pretty awesome. It cuts travel times way down. Not a fan of how you can't use it like a rope dart though. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough? I like the carriages but they are little sketchy when navigating through tighter parts of buildings. Basically if you cut a corner too hard your carriage gets a little out of control. Also I love the Thames river area. Pretty awesome.

Level design... I hear ya on the side stories and getting further than the campaign. I upgraded my gang to a level 7 and it only takes 3 recruits to clear an entire sweatshop lol. Also I killed 2 gang leaders in a row prior to the gang brawl. But I've only cleared 3-4 districts completely. Haven't reached the tougher areas. I do like some of the side stories. The bounty hunts are pretty fun. The templar hunts, gang strongholds, child factories, etc are very repetitive. Only difference is the enemies are higher difficulty rating.

Overall... Better game than Unity, but not better than Black Flag. They have implemented some new mechanics which are fun, but I think they could have done a better job with the storylines. The same side stories, over & over, seems pretty lazy to me. For as much money as this franchise makes you would think they could develop something more creative. But it's pretty much the same from older AC games. I'd go with a 7/10 as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already damn near completed all the side missions, cleared the map, and my gang is almost fully upgraded... And I'm only <30% through the campaign lol.

The fights are pretty fun. Sometimes challenging, but you get the hang of it after a while and can't be touched. Fastest way to make cash too.