• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A's to San Jose...?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's a thought:Build the new Warriors' stadium in SF and get it up by 2016. As soon as they are up, tear down the Coliseum arena and build a new baseball-only stadium right where the arena used to be. In 2018 (or so) when the baseball stadium is done, the Mausoleum can be the sole property of the Raiders. The AAAA's have a brand new stadium, close to transit and to the freeway.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought:Build the new Warriors' stadium in SF and get it up by 2016. As soon as they are up, tear down the Coliseum arena and build a new baseball-only stadium right where the arena used to be. In 2018 (or so) when the baseball stadium is done, the Mausoleum can be the sole property of the Raiders. The AAAA's have a brand new stadium, close to transit and to the freeway.

Welcome back.

I agree that the solution that makes the most legal, financial, and fan-based sense is for the A's to stay in Oakland. Hopefully the threat of them moving to SJ is just a bargaining chip to get, as you say, a new stadium (hopefully with some smaller foul territory).

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome back.

I agree that the solution that makes the most legal, financial, and fan-based sense is for the A's to stay in Oakland. Hopefully the threat of them moving to SJ is just a bargaining chip to get, as you say, a new stadium (hopefully with some smaller foul territory).

Thanks Mays. I have the week off work and my family is in the Desert Southwest, so I have had time to watch our team implode over the past week.

That said, eff the AAAA's. There are obviously options for them to remain in Oakland. Wolff just does not want to stay.