• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article supporting Mike Brown's stance

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and absolutely bashing Palmer:

NFL Trade Rumors: Mike Brown Right Not to Trade Carson Palmer | Bleacher Report

"Hey Carson—Where did you get that $80 million?
He got it from us. From the money we paid to the Bengals for the stadium, the overpriced ticket prices, the overpriced beer, the overpriced nachos and the overpriced parking.
Here's a solution. Carson—give us back that $80 million, apply it to what the city owes for Paul Brown Stadium and the Bengals will allow you out of your contract to play for the Seahawks."

"I support Mike Brown's stance here. Brown is the sole person to blame for much of the Bengals troubles, but he's done everything he could do to make Carson Palmer a star."

"It's one thing to holdout when you're being underpaid and under-appreciated by an organization.

It's a whole other thing to be a mediocre player, get paid like a superstar, treated like a king and still want more."

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 idiots having a purse fight while the fans suffer. I think I'll continue hating them both.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the end, whether you agree with one side or the other, they're both assholes. Fuck 'em.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brown gives in to Palmer, then what's going to stop this same thing from happening to Andy Dalton, A.J. Green, or Jermaine Gresham down the road?

yes, I suppose that's the only logic behind Brown's stand.

and If Palmer wanted to be traded, it would be easier if his salary could be renegotiated... I suppose.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Mike Brown so much I have to side with Palmer having every reason to want out. What is really at stake here is the effect this will have on the future relationship with stars of the team now, such as AJ Green. They will all want out at first opportunity, as Palmer, Spikes, Dillon, etc, etc, etc,.......it will never happen, but Mike Brown SHOULD trade Palmer, if only to bring this to an end.....

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm in the minority of people who don't have much of a problem with what Palmer did.

It was 8 seasons, a sub .500 record and 0 playoff wins. You absolutley NEED to make a change at that point. It wasn't working out for either side.

People say "he signed the contract." It was 6 yrs ago. This isn't Chad re-upping his contract twice and then trying to back out 2 yrs later.

A QB shouldn't have to force his way out with as little success as they had together.

edit- also he said nothing bad about the orginazation in the media. he also gave them the earliest possible notice to scout, draft and groom a replacement. he was doing the right thing, and it was done in the right way.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority of people who don't have much of a problem with what Palmer did.

It was 8 seasons, a sub .500 record and 0 playoff wins. You absolutley NEED to make a change at that point. It wasn't working out for either side.

People say "he signed the contract." It was 6 yrs ago. This isn't Chad re-upping his contract twice and then trying to back out 2 yrs later.

A QB shouldn't have to force his way out with as little success as they had together.

edit- also he said nothing bad about the orginazation in the media. he also gave them the earliest possible notice to scout, draft and groom a replacement. he was doing the right thing, and it was done in the right way.

Count me in that same minority. While I do have a problem with Palmer's play the last couple of seasons, he was up front about his feelings and has stood by his word...a more selfish player would have shown up to force the situation, but Palmer has shown respect for his teammates by staying away.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of you are Bengal fans so don't take this wrong,,,,,,,,,,

I can see why Palmer wanted out no player wants to play for a team that doesn't win,I don't know if it's coaching ownership or the players themselfs but this team is in the celler of the NFL almost every year,if I was drafted by them my first thought would be SHIT THE FUCKING BENGALS I'M SCREWED

on Dalton he's been great so far I hope it stays this way

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Bengal Nation,lets take this game from the Colt's baby!!
Tiger1.gif

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember a time when the Bengals were a feared team,,,,they need to get back to that

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were some great wars back then and the divisions were different,but in the AFC the feared teams were PITT,HOUSTON CINNCY,and OAKLAND injuries were abundant these 4 teams pounded the hell out of each other each year

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those years were fun, even though the Bengals could still never seem to get past the Steelers.......too bad Paul Brown couldn't live forever, and also too bad he bothered to have a son.....

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything changes and not always for the better,,,good luck today with the Colts

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tits vs Mathis matchup bothers me.......I think Whit will hold his own with Freeney.....they should use Leonard today to help in pass blocking.....