• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arrowverse: Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how did Henry Allen get named Jay Garrick

I guess Jay Garrick never had a father...
That's what I thought. Grandpa Allen was killed before Jay was born or something like that. He isn't named Henry Garrick, so that leads me to believe he was out of the picture before Jay was born.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of Barry going back in time again in the finale?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the thing that makes it even more confusing... the reverse flash originally goes back in time and kills Barry's mother and changes the original time... creates the flash earlier than he was supposed to come into play... and that is where the show took us, to that World... But it did infer often about the original world that was supposed to be...

So even this "reset", doesn't it "reset" E1 to where it was supposed to be in the first place?? But the original E1 flash wasn't able to beat reverse flash, but this new flash has evolved more quicker and was able to beat the reverse flash... so does that mean that by going back and saving his mom, the flash that will be has lost some powers... certainly the lightning throw...

This was very risky, lets see if they can progress this story...

Will barry be friends with Cisco and Caitlyn?? will Caitlyn be Killer frost??

We know cisco will have his powers still...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the thing that makes it even more confusing... the reverse flash originally goes back in time and kills Barry's mother and changes the original time... creates the flash earlier than he was supposed to come into play... and that is where the show took us, to that World... But it did infer often about the original world that was supposed to be...

So even this "reset", doesn't it "reset" E1 to where it was supposed to be in the first place?? But the original E1 flash wasn't able to beat reverse flash, but this new flash has evolved more quicker and was able to beat the reverse flash... so does that mean that by going back and saving his mom, the flash that will be has lost some powers... certainly the lightning throw...

We know cisco will have his powers still
Why do you have these assumptions? With Thawn not replacing Wells, does the explosion even happen? Why would Cisco still get his powers?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have these assumptions? With Thawn not replacing Wells, does the explosion even happen? Why would Cisco still get his powers?

IT happens no matter what... Thawne only sped things up... If you remember, the newspaper Thawne always looked at about the future...

When Cisco remembered thawne killing him it was because he was a meta, and was supposed to be one... Also, E2 Cisco had the same powers...

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would like to see some ramifications of Barry going back in time tonight during the Arrow season finale

Maybe right after they defeat Darhk, it shows things changing around them and season ends with things completely different.

My guess then is it kinda reboots the Supergirl show, perhaps to the point it even wipes away most of what took place last season since CW fans aren't likely to have watched much of that show. I would keep what LoT is doing for the most part separate from what else is going on otherwise it just gets too convoluted, but you then have the other 3 shows open completely different from how its been with only Barry knowing the history of it all. Would make for some fun episodes for the first 2 months before the big 4 crossover this December

That crossover would "fix" everything so to speak and they each move on as "normal" from there

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure, aside from the Vandal Savage crossover from this past season, the continuity between both Flash and Arrow was almost nonexistent. Even subtle character mentions from S1F and S3A were pretty much gone this year. The only thing we got was Barry visiting Laurels grave during a few flashforwards and the same sequence on the actual Arrow episode. Compared towards the end of the seasons last year where we got the Arrow showing up on The Flash with Ronnie to help take down Reverse Flash......and then we had The Flash show up on Arrow late in season to help break everyone out of that cell on Nanda Parbat. SOmetimes even things going on in the "news" from the different cities would pop up on monitors during the season on both shows...........that stuff just went away this year too

Its the little things that made the whole thing connect that IMO, they kinda got away from almost to the point where you really could watch one show and not the other and be just fine

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half of this season of Flash was awesome but they really lost me a bit in the second half. Seems like a lot of things they spent time setting up early on, they didn't do a great job of explaining later on IMO. MITM reveal was disappointing and didn't really seem to have that much impact on anything. I still have no idea what this darkness thing was going on with Zoom or where it came from. Also, I still find the Zoom reveal and the time remnant thing very confusing. I can't understand how if a past version of you is killed, how a future version can still exist. With the conclusion of the finale, it looks like it probably going to even get more complex on the time travel thing. Guess I will just roll with it, it doesn't have to make sense to me I suppose.

Oh, and the race thing was a little corny but at least making it a mechanism for something gave it more of a purpose. Why didn't Flash stop and just let Zoom lap him and catch him that way?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half of this season of Flash was awesome but they really lost me a bit in the second half. Seems like a lot of things they spent time setting up early on, they didn't do a great job of explaining later on IMO. MITM reveal was disappointing and didn't really seem to have that much impact on anything. I still have no idea what this darkness thing was going on with Zoom or where it came from. Also, I still find the Zoom reveal and the time remnant thing very confusing. I can't understand how if a past version of you is killed, how a future version can still exist. With the conclusion of the finale, it looks like it probably going to even get more complex on the time travel thing. Guess I will just roll with it, it doesn't have to make sense to me I suppose.

Oh, and the race thing was a little corny but at least making it a mechanism for something gave it more of a purpose. Why didn't Flash stop and just let Zoom lap him and catch him that way?

IMO, this is not confusing... Most everything else is... But once you create a time remnant, then there are 2 at the same time... One's existence does not affect the others existence...

If I go back in time to yesterday, and kill myself, then I will just take my former selfs place...

the darkness wasn't explained well at all...

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really lackluster finale for Arrow, and not a single thing that took place on ending of Flash affected anything

i guess i expected too much

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? How all the sudden did Arrow make Darhk lose his powers? Because the people of the city were rising up with him? Whaaa?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know cisco will have his powers still...

That's the interesting thing IMO. This gives them a FULL reset. Part of it is probably to integrate supergirl in.

But here's what we know:

he won't live with Joe

his parents will be alive

the original Harrison wells won't be murdered.

The original Harrison wells mentions this at the end of season 1. He took over as the original Wells to make Barry the Flash years earlier than he would've been. I think that's why the other Flash just fades away rather than flash off in a light....because that character no longer exists.

IT happens no matter what... Thawne only sped things up... If you remember, the newspaper Thawne always looked at about the future...

When Cisco remembered thawne killing him it was because he was a meta, and was supposed to be one... Also, E2 Cisco had the same powers...

Yeah, Cisco gets the powers from the blast...just later, at the same time that Barry got his.

But yes I'd suspect that Caitlyn is now going to be the baddy, Killer Frost.

Also, who wants to be that at the start of season 3 Iris wont' give Barry the time of day?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the interesting thing IMO. This gives them a FULL reset. Part of it is probably to integrate supergirl in.

But here's what we know:

he won't live with Joe

The original Harrison wells mentions this at the end of season 1. He took over as the original Wells to make Barry the Flash years earlier than he would've been. I think that's why the other Flash just fades away rather than flash off in a light....because that character no longer exists.

Yeah, Cisco gets the powers from the blast...just later, at the same time that Barry got his.

Also, who wants to be that at the start of season 3 Iris wont' give Barry the time of day?

What throws me off the most though is that without the E2 Harrison wells nor the fake Jay garrick, how would he learn to get so strong??

the Original flash had trouble with the reverse flash, but with E2 barry became so much stronger than the reverse flash...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What throws me off the most though is that without the E2 Harrison wells nor the fake Jay garrick, how would he learn to get so strong??

the Original flash had trouble with the reverse flash, but with E2 barry became so much stronger than the reverse flash...

He won't be.

In reality he should disappear the second he breaks up his mom's murder. Because that life no longer happens.

But yes we SHOULD see a powered down Barry, if he's powered at all. In theory the blast could occur again in season 3. Not a huge fan of that...but possible. If anyone was actually paying attention to all those seemingly random details in season 1.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this is not confusing... Most everything else is... But once you create a time remnant, then there are 2 at the same time... One's existence does not affect the others existence...

If I go back in time to yesterday, and kill myself, then I will just take my former selfs place...

the darkness wasn't explained well at all...

But how do you create a time remnant, is it just a you from the past that you bring back to the present? The time remnant was just retrieved, who goes on to fill in the void left in Barry's past time line -from the moment he was taken from up until the present - if that past Barry is killed. In otherwords, how is there a future (present) Barry to go back in time to create and get the time remnant in the first place. When Barry goes and grabs his time remnant and brings him to the future, that time remnants time line is still the same, he is still past Barry, past Barry is just now in the present timeline. I could probably explain it better with math, but I won't bore anyone. I don't know, guess it doesn't really matter, all time travel circumstances are super theoretical if not simply fictional anyway.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But here's what we know:

he won't live with Joe

Even bigger question, what happens with the Flash that causes the reset?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even bigger question, what happens with the Flash that causes the reset?

That's what I was saying above.

In theory, he should disappear just like the other one did (again, notice the FADE and not the zooming out).

Gut feeling is the CW just did a big, big mistake and will tick off a serious amount of viewers by doing a reset.

This move should, technically, make the last 2 years irrelevant.

Now my question is: does barry become the only one that remembers the old timeline?